A1 lastnite

Hey.

Was any one on here out heading southbound last night on the A1?

I came in to berwick,Turned right at morrisons and made my way to first roundabout,I went over the next one to…Now the signs were out saying road ahead shut but checked it owt.As i got near with the junction B6525.The roadworks bloke advised me id be better going back the way i came over two roundabouts and take your left on to A698!!Any one been down this road?I was ■■■■■■■ it.I didnt know what i was gonna be faced with as i was pulling double decker 16’2.
Anyway took it easy,drove down the middle of the road afew times as there is alot of low trees branches,I then picked up the A697 which was also a intresting drive.

That took me to Morpeth …i then rejoined the A1 to carry on my journey…But there were more diversions but done them before so that was ok.

Has any body been down those said roads threw the night?How have you found it?

Cheers

Just continue down the a1, they take you off along B6525 as you said, follow that road along (there’s only one turn off to the left and it’s pretty tight so use all the road) and you come out eventually back on the A1 past Lindisfarne services.

It’s fairly tight if two trucks are passing at places but is fine.

I pull deckers and there’s no height problems.

MrMartyn1984:
Just continue down the a1, they take you off along B6525 as you said, follow that road along (there’s only one turn off to the left and it’s pretty tight so use all the road) and you come out eventually back on the A1 past Lindisfarne services.

It’s fairly tight if two trucks are passing at places but is fine.

I pull deckers and there’s no height problems.

cheers pal.ill do that next time.

I joined the A1 from Scotch Corner. It was fine all the way down to Newark.

Just south of Berwick they take you off, heading for wooler. It’s a 10 mile diversion with, as said earlier, a tight left hander going through lowick & getting back to the A1 near fenwick. No problems with height anywhere.

Team Valley down to Newark then A46 and M69 to Coventry, no problems at all.

Big pile up on the otherwise just before Durham services, road closed at A689, heard somebody had died…

BillyHunt:
Just south of Berwick they take you off, heading for wooler. It’s a 10 mile diversion with, as said earlier, a tight left hander going through lowick & getting back to the A1 near fenwick. No problems with height anywhere.

Is this at night? I was up and down that there yesterday and it was fine, wasn’t taken up the A1 at all.

Radar19:

BillyHunt:

Is this at night? I was up and down that there yesterday and it was fine, wasn’t taken up the A1 at all.

They start at 8pm