A1-great north road today

what was happening this morning on the A1 between grantham and stamford.it was shut both ways

according to a the local paper grantham journal a astra van went the wrong way thru the roadworks one got killed and the other ran of but got arrested later not sure if there was another veichle involved

stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/U … 6068100.jp

I was told it was 2 lorries in the early hours .

Oh well.

I was told by someone on site what happened was, a site worker got out of his van, some scumbag nicked it, drove off hitting a couple of lorries before running down and killing the banksman.

the van was dumped a bit further along the A1 causing the road to be closed off as a murder scene.

hanson:
according to a the local paper grantham journal a astra van went the wrong way thru the roadworks one got killed and the other ran of but got arrested later not sure if there was another veichle involved

Well that seems to explain the problems I had travelling south this morning at 3.00am and then travelling North at 11.00am.
This incident definetly caused real problems on this stretch of the A1 and it added 4hrs to my journey home but it sounds like someone has lost a loved one :question: and that is really bad news :cry: :cry:

Condolences to all involved in this tragic incident :cry:
Regards
Dave Penn;

well a further incident of 5 cars involved in a crash today which shut the A1 northbound off