A1 closed at stamford

The official diversion is up the a606 to Melton Mowbray (pick up a nice pork pie) and back down the a607. I followed the 606 all the way up to the a46.

Does anyone know of a better route?

Are you talking about an overnight closure?

Saratoga:
Are you talking about an overnight closure?

Yeah, just last night I think. It is a regular closure though so I was wondering if there was a better way.

A606, A46, A6097, A614 rejoining the A1 further up where the Worksop roundabout used to be.
There’s a 15’ 9" bridge just south of Ollerton

Id of come off at Peterborough and took the a15 up to sleaford , then across to Newark and back onto a1

axletramp:
A606, A46, A6097, A614 rejoining the A1 further up where the Worksop roundabout used to be.

Wouldn’t even bother with the 6097 and 614 it’s only about 5 minutes longer going straight to Newark and up A1. No roundabouts hardly and a lot easier on truck and driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xfmatt:

axletramp:

Wouldn’t even bother with the 6097 and 614 it’s only about 5 minutes longer going straight to Newark and up A1. No roundabouts hardly and a lot easier on truck and driver.

Exactly what I did. It’s a pig of a diversion, just wondered if there were any better options.

Captain Caveman 76:

xfmatt:

axletramp:

Exactly what I did. It’s a pig of a diversion, just wondered if there were any better options.

Yeah the A606 isn’t the best of roads is it, especially topside of Melton Mowbray.

Matt

xfmatt:

Captain Caveman 76:

xfmatt:

axletramp:

Yeah the A606 isn’t the best of roads is it, especially topside of Melton Mowbray.

Matt

The worst of it was, I couldn’t even stop off for a pork pie! :angry:

axletramp:

Wouldn’t it be better to take the A1 again at Newark rather than going all the way to Ollerton as it’s a much nicer road. Also means the local chavs can get down to McDonalds in the middle of the night without a massive traffic jam caused by TNUK…on the other hand. :slight_smile: