A YouTube video for your enjoyment

malcolmgbell:
Well if you get your rocks off over a video you class as enjoyment you really need help

I probably do need help. But hey. Thank you for pointing that out :laughing:

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:
Oh and if it’s worked well for you for the past 30 years if you cut me up like some of those on that video I’d be the first to send my dash cam footage to the police and to your company. Professional drivers? My arse.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and whats likely to happen after you send the footage to plod and whoever you might work out who id work for?
plod would mostly do nothing,the company would ■■■■ themselves and ridicule you for being another armchair viking and compliment me for obviously doing my best to make whatever boat id be heading for…
90% of that vid was everyday pish,look up the rissian /euro vids and see some real ■■■■■■ up loonies driving.
the closest you get to that is when someone on donegal plates comes off the ferry in the uk or even cherbourg as theres plenty in ireland have had little experience of dealing with roundabouts in their entire driving career.
why dont you post some of your "professional drivers my arse "dashcam escapades on here and keep us all enthralled?

If your company would view footage of their drivers doing some of that stuff in that video and laugh at it and think it’s ok then shows it a pretty shoddy company run by cowboys to be honest. My company would certainly have me in the office asking me what I was playing at.

jakethesnake:
It just goes to show the perception of the average lorry driver when they think most of these were everday events that should be ignored.
Some absolutely appalling driving from so called professional drivers bullying their way through traffic and just driving like they own the road and stuff eveyone else.
Everyone makes mistakes but a lot of these clips were not mistakes. They were deliberate acts of aggression and showing how poor standards are.
And some of you wonder why the public hate us. This is one of the reasons.

Oh put another record mate on ffs. :unamused:
We ALL know standards have dropped, so what do we do about it exactl??
Call the Police’'? :unamused:
Lobby our MPs?
Give Dominic Littlewood a bell ?
No,… most of us just shrug it off, mutter under our breath and crack on, because we’re realists,.
What else do we or can we do other than ‘‘Ignore it’’ ?.

Do we all join the ranks of the self righteous, self appointed non official traffic police with their ■■■■ cameras? (that of which would look much better hanging out of their arses after somebody like me had rammed them up there) :smiling_imp:

Look, absolute Jack ■■■■ is gonna change anytime soon, fact, so the rest of us just deal with it …safe in the knowledge that we are better drivers than these f/whits we see EVERY day.

So good luck with your everlasting one man campaign to educate the uneducatable, but it won’t work, …and it’s boring the ■■■■ arse off everybody on here mate tbh… :bulb:

robroy:

jakethesnake:
It just goes to show the perception of the average lorry driver when they think most of these were everday events that should be ignored.
Some absolutely appalling driving from so called professional drivers bullying their way through traffic and just driving like they own the road and stuff eveyone else.
Everyone makes mistakes but a lot of these clips were not mistakes. They were deliberate acts of aggression and showing how poor standards are.

Lobby our MPs?
No,… most of us just shrug it off, mutter under our breath and crack on, because we’re realists,.

Do we all join the ranks of the self righteous, self appointed non official traffic police with their [zb] cameras? (that of which would look much better hanging out of their arses after somebody like me had rammed them up there) :smiling_imp:

Look, absolute Jack [zb] is gonna change anytime soon, fact, so the rest of us just deal with it …safe in the knowledge that we are better drivers than these f/whits we see EVERY day.

So good luck with your everlasting one man campaign to educate the uneducatable, but it won’t work, …and it’s boring the [zb] arse off everybody on here mate tbh… :bulb:

Your right. It’s not going to change. But it’s the fact that your all saying it’s ok, there’s nothing wrong with a lot of it, and it’s just everyday occurrences that’s worrying. No it’s not going to change but surely you can see a lot of that is dangerous or a very very very poor standard of driving. Surely you can admit that rather than sticking up for these bell ends putting it down to oh well it’s everyday occurrences.

The way your talking the drivers with the cameras are more in the wrong than the professional drivers who seem to have forgotten the rules of a roundabout or forgotten that a red light means stop.

DickyNick:
you can see a lot of that is dangerous or a very very very poor standard of driving.

Can you post a copy of your superior driving certificate, or at least some proof that your own driving standards are above reproach? Thanks

DickyNick:
The way your talking the drivers with the cameras are more in the wrong than the professional drivers who seem to have forgotten the rules of a roundabout or forgotten that a red light means stop.

How do you know the drivers in those clips are like that all the time? You dont. For all you know it was a momentary lapse of concentration. An accident. They used to happen before the superior driving, dashcam warriors discovered how to put videos online.
On saturday I left a yard and went round a roundabout. I had a lapse in concentration and looked in my mirror just long enough to see it what was going to happen and stop before I took the sign on the roundabout out with the back of the trailer. Would that count as “Professional? My arse”? A poor standard of driving? Or, as it actually was, just human error which happens to everyone?

The-Snowman:
A grand says I could follow any dashcam warrior for 5 miles and pick up half a dozen “faults”

That includes you

The-Snowman:

DickyNick:
you can see a lot of that is dangerous or a very very very poor standard of driving.

Can you post a copy of your superior driving certificate, or at least some proof that your own driving standards are above reproach? Thanks

DickyNick:

How do you know the drivers in those clips are like that all the time? You dont. For all you know it was a momentary lapse of concentration. An accident. They used to happen before the superior driving, dashcam warriors discovered how to put videos online.
On saturday I left a yard and went round a roundabout. I had a lapse in concentration and looked in my mirror just long enough to see it what was going to happen and stop before I took the sign on the roundabout out with the back of the trailer. Would that count as “Professional? My arse”? A poor standard of driving? Or, as it actually was, just human error which happens to everyone?

The-Snowman:
A grand says I could follow any dashcam warrior for 5 miles and pick up half a dozen “faults”

That includes you

Another one focussing on humans just making mistakes. Of course we all do. But there’s a difference between that and a lot of what’s on that video. Yes I make mistakes. But approaching a roundabout with no intention of stopping isn’t a mistake. That’s just poor driving.

Is driving into the back of someone ok because we are just human and make mistakes?

Is going through a red light ok because we are human and make mistakes?

No yours from the other day is a mistake and the fact you realised and avoided it is the difference between you and the bell ends on this video.

The white fridge just pulling out with no signal and probably no mirror check from a lay by. Human mistake? No, your a driver as your job and failing to do either check your mirror or put a signal on to pull out of a lay-by is a failure to do your job.

Kuhne & nagel on the roundabout. He can’t have looked right or even realised he was going on a roundabout until the car beeped. Human mistake? Your a driver for gods sake. It’s your job.

The problem is that you can’t really say they’re not mistakes. I mean if it was all clips of the same driver you have a point, but it’s not - it’s snippets from hundreds and hundreds of hours of video from hundreds and hundreds of drivers.

toonsy:
The problem is that you can’t really say they’re not mistakes. I mean if it was all clips of the same driver you have a point, but it’s not - it’s snippets from hundreds and hundreds of hours of video from hundreds and hundreds of drivers.

They are mistakes, but I think they are mistakes that a professional driver should be above and not be making, and yes that includes the 2 police vehicles on the video.

Like the artics trying to overtake each other on the roundabout. That’s a minor misjudgment. But as I keep saying, some of these on the video just seem clueless they are even approaching a roundabout and if they are aware have no intention of giving way. They are potentially dangerous which is what professional drivers shouldn’t be doing.

The artics on the roundabout is an inconvenience. The going through red lights and not slowing for a roundabout is dangerous, as the pulling out of the lay-by with no signal or (probably) mirror check, as is the bus joining from the slip road in front of the truck.

DickyNick:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Lobby our MPs?

Do we all join the ranks of the self righteous, self appointed non official traffic police with their [zb] cameras? (that of which would look much better hanging out of their arses after somebody like me had rammed them up there) :smiling_imp:

Look, absolute Jack [zb] is gonna change anytime soon, fact, so the rest of us just deal with it …safe in the knowledge that we are better drivers than these f/whits we see EVERY day.

So good luck with your everlasting one man campaign to educate the uneducatable, but it won’t work, …and it’s boring the [zb] arse off everybody on here mate tbh… :bulb:

Your right. It’s not going to change. But it’s the fact that your all saying it’s ok, there’s nothing wrong with a lot of it, and it’s just everyday occurrences that’s worrying. No it’s not going to change but surely you can see a lot of that is dangerous or a very very very poor standard of driving. Surely you can admit that rather than sticking up for these bell ends putting it down to oh well it’s everyday occurrences.

Can you point out the bit where I said ‘‘There’s nothing wrong with it’’
No ?
Well.I’m ■■■■ ed if I can see it either, nor the bit where ‘‘I’m sticking up for bellends’’ . :neutral_face:

I can however see the bit where I said that a lot of it was bad driving…so where’s the argument here exactly?

Of course among the everyday stuff on that footage there’s stuff wrong with a lot of it, but as I said before ■■■■ happens on busy roads, so we just deal with it on a day to day basis.

I can not abide these ■■■■ arrogant conceited camera warriors, and yeh, they can be as much a danger as the others …as some of these ■■■■■ actually go out looking for things :open_mouth: , and moisten their undercrackers if somebody cuts them up, so that they can then send out the footage to their sad arsed like minded mates.

Look I’m the first to observe and admit how standards have dropped, especially amongst Class 1 drivers, but you me and our caped driving crusader Jake can do nothing about it , except drive evasively while sharing the road with these twunts, and leave the policing to… the Police. :bulb:

Actually the police want public support as they haven’t got the numbers any more to be proactive, only reactive to stuff.

And no you didn’t say you didn’t say what you quoted from me in those exact words but the impression you give from what you write.

DickyNick:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Lobby our MPs?

Exactly correct DN.

^^^^^
Looks like we’ve got our very own Trucknet match made in heaven here.eh :laughing:

And btw …if you really want to ressurect an old argument about the Police DN :stuck_out_tongue: , and sorry to carry it on with the same old same old :blush: , but tell me they ‘‘haven’t got the numbers’’ when there is some operation they’re on that involves raising revenue, the numbers problem suddenlly is solved in those cases, but miraculously returns if your gaff is turned over or your diesel is nicked.
Same old from me yeh, but nevertheless accurate.
If we had an efficient high visual presence of proper Traffic Police, (and I don’t mean the Mars bar police in their tractor units :unamused: ) the problem of bad driving would be halved overnight.

robroy:
^^^^^
Looks like we’ve got our very own Trucknet match made in heaven here.eh :laughing:

And btw …if you really want to ressurect an old argument about the Police DN :stuck_out_tongue: , and sorry to carry it on with the same old same old :blush: , but tell me they ‘‘haven’t got the numbers’’ when there is some operation they’re on that involves raising revenue, the numbers problem suddenlly is solved in those cases, but miraculously returns if your gaff is turned over or your diesel is nicked.
Same old from me yeh, but nevertheless accurate.

Ok :laughing:

DickyNick:

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:
Oh and if it’s worked well for you for the past 30 years if you cut me up like some of those on that video I’d be the first to send my dash cam footage to the police and to your company. Professional drivers? My arse.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and whats likely to happen after you send the footage to plod and whoever you might work out who id work for?
plod would mostly do nothing,the company would ■■■■ themselves and ridicule you for being another armchair viking and compliment me for obviously doing my best to make whatever boat id be heading for…
90% of that vid was everyday pish,look up the rissian /euro vids and see some real ■■■■■■ up loonies driving.
the closest you get to that is when someone on donegal plates comes off the ferry in the uk or even cherbourg as theres plenty in ireland have had little experience of dealing with roundabouts in their entire driving career.
why dont you post some of your "professional drivers my arse "dashcam escapades on here and keep us all enthralled?

If your company would view footage of their drivers doing some of that stuff in that video and laugh at it and think it’s ok then shows it a pretty shoddy company run by cowboys to be honest. My company would certainly have me in the office asking me what I was playing at.

company I worked for took all the phone numbers off the motors,sick of people calling office about the drivers,chased round hemel hempsted by some old bat,just for her to tell me I nearly hit her

malcolmgbell:
,chased round hemel hempsted by some old bat,just for her to tell me I nearly hit her

Well I hope you gave the proper response -
“Oh im terribly sorry love, I do apologise. Stay where you are, let me do this delivery and ill come back and make sure I get you good and proper next time ok?”

The-Snowman:

malcolmgbell:
,chased round hemel hempsted by some old bat,just for her to tell me I nearly hit her

Well I hope you gave the proper response -
“Oh im terribly sorry love, I do apologise. Stay where you are, let me do this delivery and ill come back and make sure I get you good and proper next time ok?”

No I just said next time I’ll go over the ■■■■■■■ top of yer

Many years ago I was a private hire taxi driver. Went to visit relations one evening. In stockport
Next day work said you enjoy your time in stockpory…
Turned our a nosey neighbour rang the office about a dozen times complaing there’s a taxi parked opposite my house doesn’t live here I want it moved