A Word of Warning - Airseats and Smartarses!

Last week I had a bit of a dodgy gut…and what with the rocking of the cab (very “rocky” cabs, those Stralis’s) and the bouncing of the driver’s seat, I spending far too much time Liberace-style (see his earlier thread… :wink: ) on the side of the road. Not good.

So I had a stunningly bright idea…dump the air out of the seat therefore reducing the “bouncing” by half! :bulb:
Great. Much better. Made it through the week no trouble. :sunglasses:

Problem is…I had an accident back when I was a nipper which caused me to break my coxcyxx (tailbone, for those who can’t decifer my decidedly dodgy spelling). So after a week of clouting against the bottom of the seat, it was a tad painful… :open_mouth:

Had a perfectly normal weekend, bit sore but bearable…went into work Monday morning…bent down to shove a box under the table in the truck (posh in these days of Stralis, see :sunglasses: ) and took a step backwards…knocking my backside against the side of the driver’s seat in the process.

Well. It was just as well my truck has a space-cab…else I’d have had concussion as well!!! OOUUCCHH!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :cry: :cry:

Hospital tells me that it will take at least 2 weeks to mend. So I am sat here for what is now the 4th day, bored out of my mind, whilst Rikki drives my beloved Stralis and takes great pleasure in coming home every night to tell me all about how he is filling it with fagash and sandwich crusts, failing to polish the dash, and getting on the bunk with his boots on!!! :open_mouth: :confused: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Moral of the story? If the air-suspension on your seat packs up, defect it. Otherwise you will find that it quite literally will become A PAIN IN THE ARSE!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

NOT a happy bunny. :imp:

has it not got a button/knob/switch to stop it moving up n down lucy… so you get a solid ride…(if you know wot i mean)so to speak… :laughing:

Yep…but it was still too “bouncy”… :blush: :blush: :blush:

LucyR:
and took a step backwards…knocking my backside against the side of the driver’s seat in the process.

Does this mean the Stralis cab is a lot smaller than I thought or you have a big… NO NO NO I’m not going to say it, I think it would be safer to stay quiet. :wink:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Maybe I said too much anyway.

Maybe I said too much anyway

Reckon so M8! :laughing: :laughing:

I hate them air seats so i carry a bulldog clip in my bag with me some when i use a truck with an air seat i just let all the air out and bend the pipe in half and clip it up, horrible things bouncy bouncy sea sickness

simon

Wow! You’re soooo lucky! Our trucks don’t have that bouncy bouncy thingy, just normal seats…

I think some of the HGV ones have bigger seats, but not the 7.5s I drive :wink:

smeserver:
Wow! You’re soooo lucky! Our trucks don’t have that bouncy bouncy thingy, just normal seats…

I think some of the HGV ones have bigger seats, but not the 7.5s I drive :wink:

Trust me your better off without them its like trying to drive a bouncy castle

simon

Mal:

Maybe I said too much anyway

Reckon so M8! :laughing: :laughing:

we get the picture… :laughing: :laughing:

I suppose Rikki u’ll be out of luck for a while then :grimacing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :blush: :grimacing: .

See you back behind the wheel soon Luce :grimacing: :wink: .

has it not got a button/knob/switch to stop it moving up n down lucy… so you get a solid ride

I always have mine slightly hard. :wink:

Ken.

Quinny:

has it not got a button/knob/switch to stop it moving up n down lucy… so you get a solid ride

I always have mine slightly hard. :wink:

Ken.

ok SEMI

I don’t like air suspended seats normally - find they lessen control over the vehicle what with having to compensate for the up/down movement with legs, there’s no smootheness on the throttle, brakes, clutch etc and if its just been wet outside shoes can slip if yer all up and down.
pluys I don’t like having me legs pinned to the steering wheel the moment I lift up out of the seat to get out, when the sodding thing catapults up. there’s the frustrating headaches from lifting arse to adjust and get comfy and it sends you skyward - and the problem of being 5’11.5" but with 29" inside leg meaning long body short legs and when it pitches up I lose some of forward visibility as well as reach on full clutch depression.

so first thing I do is find the stop lever so it dumps the air and stays dumped.

also prefer the rigid ride myself cos I feel like I can tell what the vehicle is doing more. I’m a part of the wagon not a peripheral device.

el gordo 78:
I don’t like air suspended seats normally - find they lessen control over the vehicle what with having to compensate for the up/down movement with legs, there’s no smootheness on the throttle, brakes, clutch etc and if its just been wet outside shoes can slip if yer all up and down.
pluys I don’t like having me legs pinned to the steering wheel the moment I lift up out of the seat to get out, when the sodding thing catapults up. there’s the frustrating headaches from lifting arse to adjust and get comfy and it sends you skyward - and the problem of being 5’11.5" but with 29" inside leg meaning long body short legs and when it pitches up I lose some of forward visibility as well as reach on full clutch depression.

so first thing I do is find the stop lever so it dumps the air and stays dumped.

also prefer the rigid ride myself cos I feel like I can tell what the vehicle is doing more. I’m a part of the wagon not a peripheral device.

DITTO THAT