A weeks ramblings from a night driver (56k warning)

picture quality for this diary aint that good :blush:

sunday night

1700 start tonight. so off i set at 1630 and get to the yard about 1645 its absolutley raining hard :wink: . get the keys for the truck from security. tonight its one of the 56 plate fm’s. on nights you dont get the same truck all week as it all depends on which of the day lads is night outting.

get a brew and grab my paperwork ,and it tells me i need trl 42 to go over to wolverhampton swop trailers and head off to burtonwood.

so its off down the a38 where 300 yards on to it 2 cars have aquaplaned into the trees :open_mouth: and there was only a ambulance on scene and one of the technicians was directing traffic. onto the a5 then the a460 onto the a449 onto the wolves ringroad. you can go either way round the ring road to banks’s and you’ll eventually reach it. :wink: .

security guy opens the gate for me and i was greated with “alllriiggghtt mattee” :laughing: he asked me what i was picking up and he told me i needed trailer 47 for burtonwood.

dropped and opened the curtains on 42 and hitched up to 47 and fastened the clips checked all lights were working and off we go .

round the ring road and join the a449 all the way through penkridge and join the m6 at junction 13 at stafford. the m6 was quite busy tonight and i dont think i got much above 45 all the way to stafford services. where i indulged in one of my passions… eating. :laughing: :laughing:

grabbed a burger king and 15minutes later im back on the road and its still slow all the way up to junction 19 where it eased and over therwell onto the m62 and come off at the st helens junction. turn towards sthelens and when you get to the roundabout for somerfields you take a left instead and then first right and then right again into suttons yard.

i got there and alan the guy who come drect from burton had just finished tipping and reloading (result :smiley: ) and i went straight into the warehouse opened the curtain and stuck it on break .as i was free to drink as much free coffe as posible :laughing:

takes them about a hour to tip it . in the mean time the local scroates are trying to shoot fireworks into the warehouse :smiling_imp: and then its around the back to load the empty kegs for wolverhampton.

got them chucked on .

its a uneventfull trip back to wolves and whe are on the limiter because theres no traffic. back into the yard and its trl23 that needs to go back to burton, which will end up going to mansfield sometime tommorow.

back to burton and knock off at 1am

monday night

tonight or should i say this afternoon its a 1600 so i arrive about 15.45 drop tachos in for the previous week have a brew and a natter to the lads in transport. get the keys and paperwork (same truck as last night :smiley: ) and off up the yard to find it .

graham has done me proud and hitch my trailer up for me and i ahve 26 pallets on for west hallam. after a quick walk round to make sure the lights are working. where off down the a38 to derby.traffic is quite light for this time of night.

my first mistake was to go up the a609 into west hallam as ive been to the storage depot before (but it was 7 years ago in a 17 toner). gets to the turning i need and it has a weight restriction on it . so i end up going into ilkeston and coming back out on the spondon road.

gets to the depot 5 mins after my booking time (rembering the 20 mph speed limit on site)and im straght on a bay.

bloody hell are they quick here(might have something to do with the fact they use a fork lift truck on the back of a curtainsider :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ) and im out in 20 minutes.

quick trip over to mansfiled depot and swop trailersfor one loaded for hull. theres two off us running up there and malc has done all the clips on the curtains for me . a quick brew and were off.

uneventfull run up the m1 /m18/m62 and a63 and were into hull by half eight. we tip malc’s truck first and load empty cask and pallets on to his (hes runnig back to mansfiled) then collecting a emptys railer for wolves. then tip mine and load kegs to go straight back to burton.

i call in the total garage by the humber bridge for my break and head back to burton. yet again uneventfu exept for the fog on the m18

back in the yard wash truck drop trailer hitch grahams up for him fuel up and off home for 1.30

tuesday night

start time for tonight was 1730 so i got to the yard at 17.15. collected my paperwork and tonights delivery is for bookers at hatfield and waitrose at bracknell.

same truck as previous nights and graham as hitched up for me. quick walk round checking the usual suspects and put me tacho card in. a quick scan of my paperwork and im booked in at hatfield for 19.50 :open_mouth: . now unless volvo have put wings on the unit overnight , that aint going to happen :unamused:

so off we go into rush hour traffic and head out of burton

down the a38 and join the m42 at the belfrey.onto the m6 (bit sticky around coventry) and onto the m1.the m1 was flowing alright all the way down to luton.where it came to a halt. with it being 19.20 already i belled the office and told them to ring bookers. tell them im going to be half hour late.

with the traffic not moving i decided to cut my losses and go through luton onto the a505 into hitchin then the a609 to the a1 and go that way.even though theres roadworks on the a1 its straight through and i arrive at bookers at 20.20.
eventually on a bay by 21.15 and tipped in 15 minuts the 14 pallets i had for them.

didnt mind the wait as they got a coffee machine and you could sit in your cab if you wanted.

eventually out of there by 22.00 and back on the a1 down to the m25 and around to the m4 over to the a329(m) and into bracknell. made good timeand arrived at waitrose at 23.20.

booked in with the gatehouse and he rings them up and im on bay 259. ive never been before so the guy directs me where to go and he keeps the paperwork which he sends over in one of those shoot things.

open the doors backs on the bay and hang my keys up where instructed and press the button to turn the lights red. here you have to stand by the bay whilst there tipping you and the guy checks around each pallet to make sure its not broke.

sods law the last pallet is broke and i get the option of either restaking it or taking it back with me. with us being own account i decided to restack it (80 bloody cases)
heres the damaged pallet :unamused:

he finishes checking the load off and theres one pallet that wont scan so that ends up going back on the truck and im away for 00.30.

back onto the m4 and up the a34 to join the m40 then onto the m42 and then onto the a38. got as far as alrewas and theve shut the a38 and get diverted via kings bromley and yoxall and end up coming back into burton from five lane ends.

in the yard ,wash down ,fuel up, drop trailer ,book the pallet back to stock that come back from waitrose, hook up grahams for 5am and knock off at 4am :smiling_imp:

jon

wednesday night

late start (which i asked for) and theres two of us going up to eaglescliffe me and a agency driver.as he had never been before he waited for me to come in and he was going to follow me up. tonights motor was a 52 plate volvo which means i had to change gear myself and write a tacho out :open_mouth: :wink:

today i had to hook the trailer up myself :open_mouth: .this one was to go to mansfield and the load (2 pallets )on it had to be transhiped onto the trailer i ws taking to eaglescliffe for the dray boys to take out in the morning.

a hours drive and im at mansfield. tipprd pallets and take empty trailer around back for loading of emptys pick trailer up for eagles quick brew and were away.

joining the m1 at junction29 the traffic southbound was horrendous and was backed up to the bottom of the hill by 30. no eventful trip up and we arrived. the agency guy had to tip first has he had got the majority of the load and having to go back to mansfield for a trailer swop on the way back.

he made the brew and i sorted the curtains out and within 40 minutes he was tipped and loaded and on his way.luckily i went up with him becuase no one bothered to tell him to drop his susspension before entering the warehouse. otherwise hed of hit the top of the door runner.

my turn next and as i was only part loaded i was in and out in 1/2 hour. reloaded with emptys for wolves.

3 hour run run back and im in the yardtrailer dropped kieths hitched up for the morning fuelled and home by 4.15

thursday night

1900 start again back to a dgital tacho 56 plate and im following nige up tonight . nige is renown for not tuning in on time so i drink coffee in the yard and potter about until 19.20.

brew house at night

same again up to mansfield swop trailers 15 minute break and up to eaglescliffe.
if ever your on the a19 keep a eye out for a silver subaru impretza, its the old bill in a unmarked car and it come flying passed me at about a ton :open_mouth: . you cant miss it the spoiler on the back, it sits about a foot and a half off the boot lid so you can see the big police sign that pops up in the window :smiley: .

nige had just finished tipping when i got there so straight in and out in 20 minutes :open_mouth:

on the way back to yarm to join the a19 the level crossing barrier closed on me. it comes as a shock as i thought it was a disused line :open_mouth:

pulled in exelby services to finish my break and it was straight back to burton via the m1. normally go down to the m18 but at the moment theres roadworks on the slip road. theres no warning of this until you actually get there but by this time its to late.(whats the point in having these bloody great matrix signs and not using them :smiling_imp: ).

back into the yard where i had to top the trailer up with emptys

fuel up and go home. back in monday on days :smiley:

jon

Jon…its a good diary & pics you have done…well done mate
I enjoy reading the diaries on here

Daz

jonboy:

Looks like you need some lessons in taking night pics Busby. :wink:

May I illustrate?

Both taken without the flash and without using a tripod (ie. camera held in hand :wink: ). Second one was more of an experiment than anything else. It’s definitely not easy taking night photos because if you don’t use the flash the shutter stays open too long and they turn out like yours - all blurry, and if you use the flash you get this effect :cry: :

:angry:

By the way, good read. :wink:

A very nice read with great photos

thanks very much ,looking forward

toyour next post, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

brit pete:
A very nice read with great photos

Thanks Pete. I appreciate the nice comments. :laughing:

well ROBK your pictures were okay as well so why not
and how about you putting a dairy up here, mate,

brit pete:
and how about you putting a dairy up here, mate,

:open_mouth: Believe me, it wouldn’t be a good idea. There’d be a riot.

Good dairy :smiley:

convoy:

Funny I thought it was a brewery.

Good read though.

8wheels:

convoy:

Funny I thought it was a brewery.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

[ZB] CLASSIC!!! THAT IS[/i] THE FUNNIEST THING I’VE READ ALL MONTH![/b] Tears rolling down my eyes here!

i must shake like a zbing dog :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

rob that driver (malc)you thought was me that night at asda jacked wednesday night walking off the job. he was back working thursday :open_mouth: .

ive been told that to get sacked from our place you need to either get caught nicking or murder someone :sunglasses:

jon

enjoyed reading the diary im a new member to this site and still finding my way around but how do you get the photos on to this site :confused:

first of all you’ll need to open a account with photo bucket or any other photo sharing site(dont panic its free :smiley: ) the address is http://s9.photobucket.com/.

once thats done and you’ve activated your account you can start uploading photos from your hard drive by clicking the browse button in the upload images box near the right handside of your screen.

choose the image you want from your hard drive and click open in your " choose file box "from your pc when you got the right photo. then click upload.

once its uploaded you will see the thumbnail of the picture and three lines underneth it url tag and img.

its the img line you’ll need. to post it on trucknet you will need to copy and past ethe line thats in the box (should look like this)

once thats done click submit and your photo should appear :smiley:

Rob K:

jonboy:

Looks like you need some lessons in taking night pics Busby. :wink:

May I illustrate?

By the way, good read. :wink:

I hate to say it but that is a good photo Rob!!

Good diary again JB

TC

Nice to see bookers at hatfield has got itself back in order .It was on my list of “■■■■ off i,m not going there” places :laughing:
We run into diageo at daventry from there , after coming out of hatfield from a 1am booking at 0430 and still having to run to daventry then back to burton from a start time 7pm !!! well :imp: …
The other night they had me in at 0130 and out at 0150 :smiley:
Back to how it was thank god .

jonboy, we were in wolverhampton today moving some brewing tanks out - the place was absolutely deserted, unusual for a brewery even on saturdays?

the security bloke (west african lad) was pleasant but jesus he was slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow at doing owt :unamused:

would happily overnight on that wagon hic :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Diary [sp} :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you ever have to stop in Bracknell. I had to do a changeover on the lorry park yesterday.

Only 50p for 2 hours and 2 quid for 24 hours except you cant get in for poxy kebab vans, driving schools and coach drivers cars all blocking the truck lanes

jj72:
jonboy, we were in wolverhampton today moving some brewing tanks out - the place was absolutely deserted, unusual for a brewery even on saturdays?

the security bloke (west african lad) was pleasant but jesus he was slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow at doing owt :unamused:

dont do saturdays ,until xmas its mainly a weekday operation.the west african lad must be weekends only the worse one is the indian bloke now he is slow :unamused: . good bunch of lads down there :smiley: (gotta say rhat if i want a loaded trailer next week :open_mouth: )

jon