A warning about lane cameras

I saw the lights flash on the M1 this morning, as car went past, the car wasn’t going very fast, I drove past I glanced in my mirror and I realised he had simply gone through an arrow pointing to move lanes, not a red cross, don’t know what the law is on this but please be careful

Sploom:
I saw the lights flash on the M1 this morning, as car went past, the car wasn’t going very fast, I drove past I glanced in my mirror and I realised he had simply gone through an arrow pointing to move lanes, not a red cross, don’t know what the law is on this but please be careful

I think the arrows are advisory as opposed to a Red Cross which is enforceable

Not seen any flashes from red X’s (unfortunately) or arrows, but they could be going over the limit on the gantry. Don’t seem to have to much over to trigger them and so many do it.

Arrows are meant to be a guide, its the red X your not supposed to go under…unless driving an Audi of course.

Uncleskid:
I think the arrows are advisory as opposed to a Red Cross which is enforceable

Not so sure on that .

I recently got a letter from police for doing something similar on M62 at Bradford/Leeds on way to work

I usually come down M606 and join M62 using the old 2+ lane. One morning I must have stayed in longer than normal, I remember the sign to join main carriageway as it wasn’t a live lane like when busy as this was 4:30am . I thought I had so when letter came through it said I was using a prohibited lane however on this occasion no further action would be taken !

Came with leaflet saying it’s all illegal etc to use lane when told to move over

So maybe they’re now enforcing a bit more stricter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a maverick camera either side of the motorway around Luton flashes for unknown reasons. It’s flashed me at 56 and no overhead warnings. Never heard anything about it.

Yes surely the arrow just means the lane is closed ahead and to move in the direction of the arrow when safe to do so. It’s not a offence to not move right up to the gantry where the red x is, it only becomes an offence if you stay in the lane and actually pass under the red x. I’ve seen the cameras flash loads for no apparent reason ie no speed displayed, no red x, no one passing under particularly fast or anything.

The side gantry cameras between 5 & 6 on the M25 - seem to have spats where they flash at anything and everything, regardless of speed…

I still chuckle when I see people hitting the brakes AFTER the flash though!

I ease off, in case the guy 100 yards in front of me drops anchor though…