A Very Nice Man!

Yesterday I was in Ashton, Manchester, looking for the motor dealer I was to collect from. I was in the artic car transporter with the top deck full of cars and I saw the dealership just off a large roundabout.

I took the wrong exit and came up against a low bridge I couldn’t get under, so I had to turn round there and then. So, I backed up into a convenient side road (which meant I had to block off the entire road to do it) with hazards and reversing bleeper on.

Once I’d got round and stopped outside the dealership, a nice man stopped his car in front of my truck, got out and asked if I needed directions or help. From the way he spoke, he was obviously a fellow trucker and I just thought what a lovely gesture that was. It’s nice to see that after several years away from the industry, truckers will still put themselves out to help each other.

If you’re reading this, thanks mate!

I’m overwhelmingly happy to be back as a part of this fine and noble industry!

It put me in mind to ask for any other stories where truck drivers have gone out of their way to help their brethren.

You was in Manchester of course he was nice, it comes naturally!! :sunglasses: Unlike in Birmingham!!! :smiling_imp:

CW

Wilde1:
You was in Manchester of course he was nice :sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

CW

he was after the motor off the top deck for a ram raid lol :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Years ago, northbound A14 just north of M11, heard a call over CB - ‘any steel lorries out there?’ - me, yes, why? - can you come off A14 just past bar hill? - me, yes.
Found artic on an unofficial muddy layby - STUCK - needed a steel lorry carrying chains to pull him out - 5 mins, job done :slight_smile:

Jonboy and Wilde…i wondered where the hubcaps had gone!! PMSL :laughing:

Rog, knights of the road mate. That’s what it’s all about for me.

Shrek:
Jonboy and Wilde…i wondered where the hubcaps had gone!! PMSL :laughing:

Rog, knights of the road mate. That’s what it’s all about for me.

the trouble is theres not many of us left

Shrek:
Yesterday I was in Ashton, Manchester, looking for the motor dealer I was to collect from. I was in the artic car transporter with the top deck full of cars and I saw the dealership just off a large roundabout.

I took the wrong exit and came up against a low bridge I couldn’t get under, so I had to turn round there and then. So, I backed up into a convenient side road (which meant I had to block off the entire road to do it) with hazards and reversing bleeper on.

Once I’d got round and stopped outside the dealership, a nice man stopped his car in front of my truck, got out and asked if I needed directions or help. From the way he spoke, he was obviously a fellow trucker and I just thought what a lovely gesture that was. It’s nice to see that after several years away from the industry, truckers will still put themselves out to help each other.

If you’re reading this, thanks mate!

I’m overwhelmingly happy to be back as a part of this fine and noble industry!

It put me in mind to ask for any other stories where truck drivers have gone out of their way to help their brethren.

Same happened to me in London. Came up to a 15’3" bridge when running at 16 foot. Didnt have the room to get a good fast run at it :laughing: so had to turn around. Had an estate car on the peak. Basically closed down the whole area trying to turn around. Had a woman with a child in a pushchair watching the peak past a lampost on my nearside and an old bloke behind watching the cars in a sidestreet… Eventually a community support officer who was on a bus stuck in the chaos got off and stopped and directed the traffic till I got round the right way. All because the dealers post code was wrong on the notes. Lost about half a stone that day !!!

I have helped many a lost chauffeur if Im out in my car or bike, by just a few words of assistance it is easy to take them to a place by letting them follow you. If you read the CMR there may be something you know that they never would.

As for the UK drivers , they have a tongue in their head

sometimes in this job you meet people who really put a smile on your face, like a forkie who gets off the forklift and helps you close up your trailer, or a fellow driver who gives you a tip on how to get the trailer to do that ridiculous trick of getting into that snot of a loading bay, and it really does make your day when it happens

sad to say its a rare occurance

sounds like penine honda in ashton under lyne opposite asda if so you were lucky to turn around VERY busy bit of road that !!!

i had the same in yorkshire heading up the A629 i think it was, going to skipton they shut the road off(■■■■■■ plod :smiley: ) anyway goes up the diversion and it starts to get narrow so i stop,this guy pulls out of his farm so i ask him if an artic can go up that road says no its a bit tight follow me…
does a u turn and follows him into the village copper comes to my window and says follow him…no worries goes up the road following this guy then [zb]!!
15 3 bridge im 15 6 so i stop the guy im following shoots through bollox hazards on anyway this guy comes back to me stops all the traffic so i can reverse back and APOLOGIZES to me for taking me down that road WHAT A GUY !!!

He then proceeds to take me through all these lanes and i eventually ended up on the A650 towards skipton

if you ever read this you saved my life that day i nearly hugged the guy to death top bloke i will never forget that till the day i die

who said yorkshire men are tight he spent 1hr and a half guiding me through the dales top man

Too obvious. L. :wink:

Can’t remember where it was, Wales possibly, several months ago.
Had just come off a roundabout to be confronted with a sign for a 13’ bridge 10 miles down the road.
Pulled up to look at the map to try and find a way round it, when a farmer in a Landrover stopped and told me that there was a signed diversion for overheight vehicles just before the bridge.
Top bloke. Saved me a good 20 mile detour :smiley: :smiley:

jc69817:
sounds like penine honda in ashton under lyne opposite asda if so you were lucky to turn around VERY busy bit of road that !!!

It was Pennine Honda, and I was a lucky trucker to get turned round!

Fortunately for me, the good people of Tameside are a charitable bunch and no-one got cross with me! :wink:

Inselaffe:
Had just come off a roundabout to be confronted with a sign for a 13’ bridge 10 miles down the road.
Pulled up to look at the map to try and find a way round it, when a farmer in a Landrover stopped and told me that there was a signed diversion for overheight vehicles just before the bridge.
Top bloke. Saved me a good 20 mile detour :smiley: :smiley:[/quote Would that possibly have been newtown,i had a similar experience on my way from buith wells to welshpool.

Top bloke. Saved me a good 20 mile detour :smiley: :smiley:

Thetaff:
who said yorkshire men are tight he spent 1hr and a half guiding me through the dales top man

Your invoice will be in the post! :laughing: :wink:

Inselaffe.
Would that have possibly have been newtown as i had a similar experience on my way from buith wells to welshpool some yrs ago.

How did that double post happen :question:

dafdave:
Would that possibly have been newtown,i had a similar experience on my way from buith wells to welshpool.

Aye, you’re right dafdave :exclamation: :exclamation:
Newtown, northbound on the A483.
Cheers for that. Memory not what it used to be :frowning: :frowning:
Last road on the right before the bridge takes you over to the A489 and then over the railway :exclamation:

Thats the one mate,glad to be of assistance take care

Shrek:

Thetaff:

Your invoice will be in the post! :laughing: :wink:

not a problem mate if it was you :wink: and then some,would buy the guy drinks all night for what he did that day top fella