A tip if your visiting Denmark

So today I was moving pieces of Magazines and papers around. No, i wasn’t spring cleaning my ■■■■■ collection, or standing outside boots selling the big issue, I was transfering magazines from the print shop to the finishing works, and back. Some where common titles that are found on the shelves of WH Smiths etc, some were destined for the top shelf, some were definatly destined for under the counter, some were holiday brochures, car and computer magazines and then there were a large number of foreign titles.
Now i remember many years ago, collection a load of magazines from Holland, taking them to spain for finishing, then delivering them to the UK, Thermal underear catalogues they were. Now we seem to be exporting to europe, so maybe British industry isn’t quite dead.
so whats this got to do with Denmark I hear you cry. Well one of the publications had the unusual title of FAGBOG. was it a mag for reading in the toilet while having a crafty woodbine? Maybe it was about the latest exploits of George michael? The Danish equivelant of Facebook?
If you ever find yourself in copenhagen and want to order a pizza, and the hotel receptionist doesn’t understand english, then impress them with your fluent danish by asking for FAGBOG, the local telephone directory!

You must have been loading out of bgp,some of their magazines are very eye opening :open_mouth:

washy jnr:
You must have been loading out of bgp,some of their magazines are very eye opening :open_mouth:

Yep, asian babes, readers wives, bizzare, Daily sport magazine, gayboys in ■■■■■■■, (not that i ever read that one!) that kind of thing! :blush: :wink:

I worked for them for 9 yrs,ive seen them all…wait until you have QX magazine on your motor :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i thought nothing would make me wince but I was proved wrong

Just out of interest, I Googled QX magazine to see what it was all about. :open_mouth: I did not open any of the pages, and immediately ran Crap-Cleaner 3 times to hopefully remove all traces of it. :blush: :blush:

With regards TJ,s op. I never found the need to use a phrase book , when making deliveries in Denmark.The first time I went, I thought that as it was next door, a bit of Deutches Sprechen would suffice to get me to where I needed to be. I was soon put right about that. I had forgotten about the Germans invading Denmark in 1940. :blush: :blush: The bloke I was talking to HAD NOT :angry: . Fortunately he stated his case in perfect English. Then he gave me the directions to my delivery address. Which is what I found was the case with most of the Danes I ever met subsequently. :laughing: :laughing:

I too Googled it, saw one word and off the page it was hoofed! :open_mouth:

I did say it was BAD,imagine having to print that every tuesday morning for 5 hrs :open_mouth: