A thick question but?

Those yellow signs on industrial estates, 7.5t with red circle with line through it. Says monday to friday 8pm 7am. Saturday sunday at anytime.

Do they mean no driving or parking?

Do you mean this sort of sign ?

restricted_waiting.png

es all over the Kingstown industry est in carlise

pavaroti:
Those yellow signs on industrial estates, 7.5t with red circle with line through it. Says monday to friday 8pm 7am. Saturday sunday at anytime.

dont be silly…it means no nights out are allowed in a 5tonner between these times BUT if you have anything above then get that calorgas bottle out and start cookin son!

Those are the no waiting times for vehicle above the given weight then.

In the sign above you can’t wait from midnight to 07:00 or from 20:00 to midnight.

Park up, turn it round or put a bag over it . . sign. . what sign?

Well im parked up. Hope for the best. Strength in numbers cos theres a few other wagons parked up around the estate.

Snowing so wasnt gonna risk a laby on the 66 or borders

They mean ‘we’ll make things as hard for trampers trying to earn a living’ as we can… :frowning:

Some of these type of signs on ind estates aren’t enforceable as sometimes they’re something the estate landlord has done up to look official and deter overnight parking.

Own Account Driver:
Some of these type of signs on ind estates aren’t enforceable as sometimes they’re something the estate landlord has done up to look official and deter overnight parking.

would you like to go to that estate op on about and test your theory out ■■

elcamino:

pavaroti:

dont be silly…it means no nights out are allowed in a 5tonner between these times BUT if you have anything above then get that calorgas bottle out and start cookin son!

Que cabron!!! :laughing: :laughing:

elcamino:

pavaroti:

Mind me a couple of years ago, I had a delivery in Grangemouth GE Plastic, a Arniella driver was loading chemicals in a silo tanker, and cooking on the site of his chassis with his gas cooker.
They went absolute balistic there, and pointed the driver to the “No Smoking” sign.

The guy shrugged his schoulders and said in half English half Spanish: “Says no smoking, not No cooking”

Pmsl and the GE bloke didn’t know what to say either. :smiley: :smiley:

Driver was removed off site, as they do. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Well hopefully ive played my cards right as the snows settling thick and fast. Im on a slight slope so shouldnt get stuck when roll off after daily rest and motorways just over the roundabout.

My other options of a layby at lockerbie or the 66 for my daily rest would have got stuck in snow. Fingers crossed… Cheers.

caledoniandream:
The guy shrugged his schoulders and said in half English half Spanish: “Says no smoking, not No cooking”

I like his style! :grimacing:

It’s a polite way of saying “we are willing to accept you and the urgent goods you are delivering to us, but when you have served your purpose ■■■■ off cos we don’t want you parking here overnight”

JJ192:

Own Account Driver:

would you like to go to that estate op on about and test your theory out ■■

It was a general point, there are a lot of the signs I’ve described about, I hadn’t seen the OP had given the precise industrial estate.

What’s the penalty if a copper knocks on your door?

It can onlly be a parking fine can’t it. £60