A simple hours Q

I finished work the Friday before the Aug bank holiday, had Sat, Sun, Mon & tues off
Then after the bank hol, worked Weds, thurs, fri, sat (till noon) last week, then off Sat Noon until 5am Mon this week, I then worked Mon to Fri this week.
The question is can I work on Sunday 7th?

I`m expecting to be working next week on Mon, Weds, Thurs, & Fri (with Tuesday off to go to a funeral)

If its a simple Q you should know!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

tango boy:

My instinct say I cant, but there may be a possibility Im wrong

peirre:

tango boy:

My instinct say I cant, but there may be a possibility Im wrong

Depends what rest you had in previous weeks.

bald bloke:
Depends what rest you had in previous weeks.

Would 5 weeks holiday count?
Seriously, I returned from Holiday 5th August, having had the whole of July off & didn`t re-start work until the 11th working Mon, tues,Weds, Fri & sat 16th, took 24 rest sun 17th.
The worked Mon-Fri (18th - 22nd) then Sat,sun, Mon (bank hol) & tues off. Then after the bank hol, worked Weds, thurs, fri, sat (till noon) last week, then off Sat Noon until 5am Mon this week, I then working Mon to Fri this week

I assume you’re having a reduced weekly rest period on Saturday to restart the six 24 hour periods, so yes you can work Sunday.

depends on the time you will be finishing friday and the time you will be starting sunday

you will need a full weekly rest period of 45 hours this weekend, as you reduced last weekend, and had a full weekly rest the weekend before

To clarify:

You had a rest period of over 90 hours from Saturday To Tuesday (23rd 24th 25th and 26th August), the last 45 hours of that rest period will count as a regular weekly rest period for the week ending 31st August (last week).

You then had a reduced weekly rest period (Saturday noon to 05:00 Monday) that will count for this week (you’ll also be having a reduced weekly rest period on Saturday which will not need compensating for).

Next week you must start a regular 45 hour weekly rest period before Sunday midnight (midnight 14th September).

So yes you can legally work Sunday 7th September.

tachograph:
I assume you’re having a reduced weekly rest period on Saturday to restart the six 24 hour periods, so yes you can work Sunday.

Yes I`m off Saturday

shuttlespanker:
depends on the time you will be finishing friday and the time you will be starting sunday

I have a 1 hit Doncaster to Pontypool fri (tomorrow) 5am start, so should be back in the yard 3-4pm to start my reduced weekly rest

tachograph:
To clarify:

You had a rest period of over 90 hours from Saturday To Tuesday (23rd 24th 25th and 26th August), the last 45 hours of that rest period will count as a regular weekly rest period for the week ending 31st August (last week).

You then had a reduced weekly rest period (Saturday noon to 05:00 Monday) that will count for this week (you’ll also be having a reduced weekly rest period on Saturday which will not need compensating for).

Next week you must start a regular 45 hour weekly rest period before Sunday midnight (midnight 14th September).

So yes you can legally work Sunday 7th September.

Thanks,

I suspect Sunday will be 2x 26 plt stock loads (Doncaster - Selby - Doncaster) 1hr each way + loading. Max 6- 6 1/2hrs (paid 8hrs) & finished & home by 1pm

peirre:
I finished work the Friday before the Aug bank holiday, had Sat, Sun, Mon & tues off
Then after the bank hol, worked Weds, thurs, fri, sat (till noon) last week, then off Sat Noon until 5am Mon this week, I then worked Mon to Fri this week.
The question is can I work on Sunday 7th?

I`m expecting to be working next week on Mon, Weds, Thurs, & Fri (with Tuesday off to go to a funeral)

Those 4 days off over the bank holls gives you a regular weekly rest for these two weeks -
18 to 24 aug
25 to 31 aug

30/31 aug 38 hours off = (A) used as reduced weekly rest for 1 to 7 sept

6 sept off = (B) not used as a reduced weekly rest for any week (if at least 31 hours off can be used to payback 7 hours from (A))

Tue 9 sept off = reduced weekly rest not used for any week

13/14 sept off = regular for the week 8 to 14 sept