A silly little forum [Split from Euro Forum]

Split from this topic:

Dogtanian:
Removed (Rule 3.)

ow for goodness sake what a silly little forum
I sopose I will be on pre mod next, everyone ells I know seams to be on pre mod with truck net
which basically means your banned
As I never singed up to this forum so I dont know what rule 3 is

Split from this topic:

Dogtanian:
Removed (Rule 3.)

==============================================================

Dogtanian:

Are you for real?
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, so if it’s silly then why are you here?

Dogtanian:
I sopose I will be on pre mod next, everyone ells I know seams to be on pre mod with truck net

Sorry mate, but it doesn’t work like that.
Pre-mod is a tool that allows posts by ‘problem’ posters to be checked before they go on public view.
A ban is… a ban, so it’s very different to pre-mod.

Dogtanian:

Do you seriously expect that just because somebody else signs up, that it leaves you free to please yourself and plead ignorance of the forum rules? Really? :open_mouth:

Here is a link to the forum rules, which are also available on the index page of each forum you visit.

:arrow_right: Forum Rules

Continued use of this website following the posting of the rule changes will be deemed as acceptance of the changes. Any member who feels they cannot use the site under these changed rules may contact an Admin and ask for their membership to be terminated.

The posting of the rules changes took place on 15/02/2009

You are deemed to have accepted the forum rules because you ‘use’ this website.
All that the website owners ask for is that members post responsibly and within the rules.
Two of your posts in the (serious) topic linked above were IMHO borderline trolling, whilst the post that I removed was miles off-topic AND plainly offensive.

Depending on circumstances, a member gets some ‘advice’ and warning(s) before they are put on pre-mod in order that they cannot complain later.

The above is all ‘advice,’ so please feel free to take it or leave it, but you now CANNOT say later that things weren’t pointed out to you.

The way this plays is that you’ve had some ‘advice,’ which you can ignore if you choose.
If you ignore advice, you might get a warning.
If you ignore a warning, you might be be put on pre-mod.
Just so that you know, the forum rules are that a warning is private between you and the Mod/Admin Team, and would therefore arrive in a PM.

A ban is extremely rare, so let’s not go there eh?

I hope this clarifies things for you.

This may create you more work Dave, but on several other forums I use, any new users have to prove themselves first, one that comes to mind is the brilliant “28 days later” You can read any post, but to comment, the post must be approved by a moderating member. That is until you can be trusted to behave and stick to the simple rules.

It just seems there are lots of stupid posts and idiots joining up or using aliases. Earlier today I looked at the members list and was shocked at how many of the regular posters have stopped using the site.

Anyone think it is a workable idea?

Wheel Nut:
one that comes to mind is the brilliant “28 days later”

Probably my favourite site on the net, I spend hours on there.

YAWN

I say, I have met quite a few ex member in person who used to use this forum who are all on pre mod and non of them can post anything so for them it is like being banned rely
I have experanced this myself before
Well my comments where not racest or use of bad langauge so I fail to see how I have broken rule 3

dieseldave:

Dogtanian:

Are you for real?
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, so if it’s silly then why are you here?

Im only hear coz i have been put up to it by a fellow troll

Dogtanian:

dieseldave:

Dogtanian:

Are you for real?

Well mate, now you know the score, the next move is up to you.

Dogtanian:
Well my comments where not racest or use of bad langauge so I fail to see how I have broken rule 3

I’ve already answered that above, but my guess is that you wondered about that only because you failed to read all of rule 3 and thought you’d play the innocent by only referring to the part that suited you.
If that was your game, it’s a cheap shot that didn’t work.

:bulb: Now you’ve had it all explained, you could always make a complaint to Site Admin if you disagree with what I’ve done.

dieseldave:
:bulb: Now you’ve had it all explained, you could always make a complaint to Site Admin if you disagree with what I’ve done.

I think it would all fall on death ears

dieseldave:
Split from this topic:
Illegal immigarnts found in hubbys trailer - EURO DRIVING FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Dogtanian:
Removed (Rule 3.)

==============================================================

Dogtanian:

Are you for real?

Dogtanian:

Sorry mate, but it doesn’t work like that.
Pre-mod is a tool that allows posts by ‘problem’ posters to be checked before they go on public view.
A ban is… a ban, so it’s very different to pre-mod.

Dogtanian:

Do you seriously expect that just because somebody else signs up, that it leaves you free to please yourself and plead ignorance of the forum rules? Really? :open_mouth:

Here is a link to the forum rules, which are also available on the index page of each forum you visit.

:arrow_right: Forum Rules

Continued use of this website following the posting of the rule changes will be deemed as acceptance of the changes. Any member who feels they cannot use the site under these changed rules may contact an Admin and ask for their membership to be terminated.

The posting of the rules changes took place on 15/02/2009

You are deemed to have accepted the forum rules because you ‘use’ this website.
All that the website owners ask for is that members post responsibly and within the rules.
Two of your posts in the (serious) topic linked above were IMHO borderline trolling, whilst the post that I removed was miles off-topic AND plainly offensive.

Depending on circumstances, a member gets some ‘advice’ and warning(s) before they are put on pre-mod in order that they cannot complain later.

The above is all ‘advice,’ so please feel free to take it or leave it, but you now CANNOT say later that things weren’t pointed out to you.

The way this plays is that you’ve had some ‘advice,’ which you can ignore if you choose.
If you ignore advice, you might get a warning.
If you ignore a warning, you might be be put on pre-mod.
Just so that you know, the forum rules are that a warning is private between you and the Mod/Admin Team, and would therefore arrive in a PM.

A ban is extremely rare, so let’s not go there eh?

I hope this clarifies things for you.

rule 3 this site is getting worse

white van:
rule 3 this site is getting worse

And yet you agreed to the rules when you joined. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Dogtanian:
I say, I have met quite a few ex member in person who used to use this forum who are all on pre mod and non of them can post anything so for them it is like being banned rely
I have experanced this myself before

This and…

Dogtanian:

dieseldave:

Dogtanian:

Are you for real?

this tell me you need to be on pre mod too. Goodbye !!! :grimacing:

Mike-C:
this tell me you need to be on pre mod too. Goodbye !!! :grimacing:

ow ■■■■ :open_mouth:
ow well all good things must come to an end :grimacing:

do the mods or anybody on admin have the ability to see the members IP address?
i only ask because the OP has himself admitted to being a troll and his posts do strike me as being very "batista"esque or even "truckerspal"esque. some of the content is boringly similar as is the style of attrocious sometimes deliberate even spelling mistakes which makes me wonder if they are all the same troll (sorry i mean member) :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
i only ask because the OP has himself admitted to being a troll and his posts do strike me as being very "batista"esque or even "truckerspal"esque. some of the content is boringly similar as is the style of attrocious sometimes deliberate even spelling mistakes which makes me wonder if they are all the same troll (sorry i mean member) :laughing:

Admin does, mods don’t. Considering how easy it is to change your IP it is pointless trying to tackle the problem by that method.

Rob K:

welshboyinspain:

Admin does, mods don’t. Considering how easy it is to change your IP it is pointless trying to tackle the problem by that method.

This^