A Sign Of The Times

Has anyone noticed the amount of foreigners sitting around all over the place in groups of 6 or 7 waiting for that all important phone call to tell them where their reload towards home is ? To mention just 2 sites, Preston Brook near to ‘Brakes Food Dist.’ and Kirkby in Liverpool outside TJ Morris’ Home & Bargains. This as you all know is becuase the work is really quiet at the moment but it got me to thinking. If the operators are not making money for 3 days at a time as they can’t get an immediate reload then they may start to think twice about actually running over here in the current economic climate. That will mean more work in the quiet times for us lot, but then again I think it’s the same all over the place isn’t it !

I went to Birmingham last week, i was tipped and ready to roll at 2pm. Was told to wait there for my reload in Brum (round the corner) at 9 am the next day !!

any special type of “foreigner” drug smokin wife beatin child tamperin or just a truckdriver like the rest of us on here?? :unamused: :confused:

ivor biggin:
any special type of “foreigner” drug smokin wife beatin child tamperin or just a truckdriver like the rest of us on here?? :unamused: :confused:

Total agreement ivor, too many sanctamonious ■■■■■ on here, we all drive trucks to make a living. Go join the english work thread! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Well looks like the P.C. brigade are out and about :laughing:

i didnt read in the post foreigners shouldn’t be here
just when tipped they cant get a load home

i’ve been sat the last 2 days in finland waiting for a reload back in,so it not loads out of uk,it’s the loads back in too.worrying times are here to stay!!

To be honest the work is there I quoted for a load from Italy back up to the UK and with the state of the Euro it was cheaper to use UK companies than the companies we all think are dirt cheap.

Oh my God, just seen the 2 posts starting with Ivor Biggin’s post. It was a general post made to highlight the ‘shortage’ of work. Im off on Monday because there is no work, but I would hardly be hoping that I get a load to Romania or whatever so that I take work away from foreigners. I stay within a 70 mile radius with all the work I do so it wasn’t a slog at ‘foreign’ drivers. I used to do European work and I help any foreign drivers I can because I know what it’s like to be weekended or whatever. I guess that the PC brigade is well and truly alive in these forums… Ivor biggin on your head ?

Surely seeing a group of E/european trucks parked up waiting for a backload is hardly a new thing is it?

Or perhaps its something to do with the powers that be actually clamping down on cabotage

Its not new used to see loads of em hanging round Davies Turner and Freightliner at Trafford park back in 2000/2001, theyd been there for days had washing lines up and everything

Wincanton at Cannock too. Been told by my gaffer not to park there with the trailer on overnight as loads go missing during the night. Pot noodle anyone?

Yeah they park up at the world trade centre in Trafford park. There just seems to be a lot more parking up since the credit downturn.

Seeing this thread made me realise we got about 9 “agromec” I think they are black or red unit and trailers parked up down by the tesco’s in Kettering, they seem to be unloading and loading out of a unit on the estate, but hanging around for a few days…so if anyone needs some bits for scania or volvo late models get down there … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All that ■■■ below their windows must be starting to mount up… :smiley:

Clarky:
Seeing this thread made me realise we got about 9 “agromec” I think they are black or red unit and trailers parked up down by the tesco’s in Kettering, they seem to be unloading and loading out of a unit on the estate, but hanging around for a few days…so if anyone needs some bits for scania or volvo late models get down there … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Saw them there this morning parked down both sides of the road by maccy d’s, just wonder how long before the local council decides to put up no parking signs. People want what we carry but don’t want us parking anywhere

Alan DJ:
Oh my God, just seen the 2 posts starting with Ivor Biggin’s post. It was a general post made to highlight the ‘shortage’ of work. Im off on Monday because there is no work, but I would hardly be hoping that I get a load to Romania or whatever so that I take work away from foreigners. I stay within a 70 mile radius with all the work I do so it wasn’t a slog at ‘foreign’ drivers. I used to do European work and I help any foreign drivers I can because I know what it’s like to be weekended or whatever. I guess that the PC brigade is well and truly alive in these forums… Ivor biggin on your head ?

point taken, it’s the use of the word “foreigners” just sets off all the bile again, fellow E.C. members :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I remember the edict that we had from Norman Lewis.

Do not park up with your trailer axle raised as Romanian gypsies will steal your wheels. :smiley:

I usually call on Cherwell valley on a sunday for my break on my to London/Train/Portsmouth or where ever i’m going and i’ve counted 37 Willie Betz trucks parked on there, with the washing lines out, all different plated trucks i.e BG, RO, CZ,Somebody told me that they service the car industry in the midlands, but i don’t think the automotive industry is doing that much.

Bob Garnett forgot about me in Portugal for 2 weeks.Uk back loads were allways in Porto,on Friday nights,all night loading.Luckilly had a mountain bike and bar bell weights,and Praia de Guincho,to park by,use of showers in camping site,in Lisboa.That was in the 1990`s.