A sign mainly on tippers

Always wondered what the big white plaque with s large black A is for usually on tippers sometimes powder tanks and the odd euroliner thought it may be something to do with animal waste but not sure

Yahoo answers says

What does an “A” in a circle mean?
anarchy. like rebellion towards government

Wheel Nut:
A as a black letter and white background on a rectangle front and rear means you are carrying waste, rubbish etc. = Abfall

In this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89361

I know which fountain of knowledge I would trust. :slight_smile:

I used to have A boards on some of my old trucks I drove in the UK. We did a regular job to Bitterfeld in the former east Germany with empty or almost empty hazardous IBC’s that went to be washed out etc. The A board thing is basically used for loads outside of the UK that are in any way involved in recycling. In Germany for example, probably in every other EU country I should imagine, even things such as steel filings or old batteries and a thousand other things, hazardous or not, if considered to be waste then it goes under A boards. We also had to have movement permits from the German authorities and were only allowed on designated routes. We could not get permits for France, Belgium or Holland so had to ship directly to Germany on the DFDS Immingham - Cuxhaven freighter which was a complete pain in the arse and usually meant leaving home on a Saturday afternoon which was often tricky, even trying to squeeze in a 24 hour rest.

Parked in Bitterfeld, waiting until the next morning to tip.

Cheers robinhood very well explained

nedbro:
Always wondered what the big white plaque with s large black A is for usually on tippers sometimes powder tanks and the odd euroliner thought it may be something to do with animal waste but not sure

German word “Abfall” and this basically the word for waste, so the recycling point that was mentioned is essentially correct.