A Short Video Germany to UK

Right before you watch if you can even be bothered this is no where near the quality of Switchlogic’s videos the only bit of talking I do mainly involves swearing at someone.

I thought I would video my trip from Augsburg back to the UK and try and edit it in to a video iof some sort, as I can only do 15 min videos at the moment its about half as long as I would like. If anyone likes the video I may have to invest in a better camera.

Any comments good or bad are welcome as i’m very thick skinned.

Glen the clip was okay , however mate you are chancing it on the
ROAD as its a NO over taking and a speed limit, on that stretch as
shown on your video and having driven that stretch for many years
its 3points and around €176 now I believe mate .apart from that it was okay ,

brit pete:

I was driving a Merc Sprinter so when in Germany I tend to drive as the locals do, its the easiest way. And i have never set a Germany speed camera off yet

Glen , then sorry , as I wrongly thought you was driving a truck yes
that is okay but The A8 has to have the largest concentration of stationary
Speed cameras in Germany , and especially on that stretch from AUGSBURG
to STUTTGART mate , will be waiting for your next one ,

brit pete:
Glen , then sorry , as I wrongly thought you was driving a truck yes
that is okay but The A8 has to have the largest concentration of stationary
Speed cameras in Germany , and especially on that stretch from AUGSBURG
to STUTTGART mate , will be waiting for your next one ,

Well off to Rimini this weekend so may not have that long a wait. will be using a different camera this time to see if i can increase the quality.

I have the same view almost weekly. Sprinters are great in Germany…You tend to get left alone. I only get grief in the truck. :open_mouth:

That drop down the Dragons Back is an interesting drive isn’t it ? :laughing: You get a good view from a wagon (and plenty of time to look with that flamin speed limit :frowning: )
It’s a shame you can’t really see how steep the drop is, but a good video anyway :smiley:

glen958:

brit pete:

I was driving a Merc Sprinter so when in Germany I tend to drive as the locals do, its the easiest way. And i have never set a Germany speed camera off yet

Pete, as you pointed out, the signs are clearly visible and easily understood. Glen, like every other driver, then has the option to obey the signs or not and accept the consequences of their actions.
Although we may not be certain of the level of fine. If we disobey the rules and get caught, we’ll soon find out.
I for example, often choose to overtake on the 3 lane, uphill section of that road. Not on the old, narrow 2 lane section, the first long climb up from Kirchheim. I also pick my overtaking spot very carefully, the same as when I choose to overtake on the E411.

I worked out it wasn’t a truck in the first few seconds,
I think you already can see where you can improve you video, but I’ve got the video bug and I hope my first effort is as good as yours.
The sound track was quite dramatic, even menacing, that and the video would probably make a good start to a thriller. :laughing:
The only thing I’d say is maybe a bit shorter, less can be more, have you seen some of Coffeeholics videos,

P.S don’t watch them and go I might as well give up now, :laughing:

muckles:
I worked out it wasn’t a truck in the first few seconds,
I think you already can see where you can improve you video, but I’ve got the video bug and I hope my first effort is as good as yours.
The sound track was quite dramatic, even menacing, that and the video would probably make a good start to a thriller. :laughing:
The only thing I’d say is maybe a bit shorter, less can be more, have you seen some of Coffeeholics videos,

http://youtu.be/bEhcHTWsfqQ

http://youtu.be/YziFTZNYF4c

P.S don’t watch them and go I might as well give up now, :laughing:

I can only aspire to get my videos as good as Coffeeholic’s. Though I will take your advice and reduce the length.

I’m meant to be on a 2 van run from Keighley to Rimini this saturday and it will be the basis of my next video. I will dedicate a min or less to each country i cover on the route. so watch this space. things can only get better.