A rude Awakening.............. it's not what ya think!

So here i am this morning, zedding away dreaming of men and trucks, Like us birds do… i awake to hear like a scuttling sound, it stopped, didn’t think much more of it, drifted back of to zed land. About 30 mintues later, i hear it again, this time i listen for a while, thinking it’s my son and his dad downstairs playing. It stops and its started to get louder, by this time i’m one eye open looking like i’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards awake.

So I get up, put a t-shirt on, a poke me head out me bedroom door, i figured if it was someone breaking in i would look scary enough! Anyway, can’t see anything downstairs, looks in the bathroom, nothing. Goes into my son’s bedroom and there, sitting pretty on the side of Kieren’s cot, is a starling, quite happily pruing itself!

Anyway, so i goes to oppen the window, after it hit the window a couple of times, he flew out… So i walked into the bathroom after my rude awakening and yep the little bugger had ■■■■ everywhere possible, in the bathroom, all over the stairs, all downstairs, all in the kitchen. I’ve spent the whole day cleaning up, thank god for wooden floors!!!

His point of entrance… bless him, was my fire place.

We put a screen over the top of our chimney for the same reason-about 10 years ago, we had a starling come down the chimney. It seems they like to sit there in the warm air, but they pass out from carbon monoxide, and fall down the chimney. When the furnace cycles off, the awaken and get out through the first orofice available-often the furnace vent, then they fly around and soil everything.
It kept my cat occupied for a few hours, however…

Hmmmm, it reminds me of the day I woke up with a total hangover to find a cat looking at me quizzicaly. Now this would have been ok, but we didn’t have a cat. Never did find out who’s it was after I slung it out :unamused:.

Liberace:
Hmmmm, it reminds me of the day I woke up with a total hangover to find a cat looking at me quizzicaly. Now this would have been ok, but we didn’t have a cat. Never did find out who’s it was after I slung it out :unamused:.

Shouldn’t this be in the ‘strange things I have brought home whilst drunk’ thread? :wink:

mrs5l:

Liberace:

Shouldn’t this be in the ‘strange things I have brought home whilst drunk’ thread? :wink:

And on the Cats forum ?.

Quite possibly Mrs5L

Daxi, their isn’t a cats forum, not last time I looked anyway :grimacing:.

mrs5l:

Liberace:

And thats the forum the cat wrote it in. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: