A return to driving....?

That’s what I’m currently contemplating…

The 4 on 4 off nights in the office is finally wearing me down…that, and the haphazard way that the operation staggers through the daily grind of haulage…the almost total lack of communication from colleagues that means I regularly find about critical problems after everyone else has gone home which then entails endless phone calls and emails trying to sort things that should’ve been sorted during normal office hours…the absolute indifference towards professionalism shown by some drivers, and office staff, resulting in shot loads, damaged units, etc etc…

Anyhow…looking at going back on the road…but find myself strangely fussy about what I want to do…
Would have to be Mon-Fri, the occasional run in on a Sat, or run out on a Sunday evening, would be ok. Tramping is probably going to be the preferred option, so want somewhere that pays parking…
Needs to be in the Worcestershire / West Midlands…
Don’t want fridge work, or anything with rope and sheets…done both, don’t really enjoy it.
Don’t mind steel, containers or aggregate tippers. Would be happy with curtainsiders as long there isn’t ridiculous amounts of handball (getting on a bit now!)
Not fussed about what make I drive, as long as it’s clean and got enough room for being all week in. Not into tank polishing etc, but will keep clean. Certainly not into buying light bars etc out of my own pocket!

Would be happy to do European, but can’t see it really being a Mon-Fri type thing…

Oh, and not into being chased all day long by the office…give me my work, let me get on with it…I’m quite competent to be able to do it without being harried and harassed every five minutes thank you very much.

Despite how it may come across, I’m actually quite an easy going driver…I just want to be treated with some respect, like a human being and to be home on a Friday. Is that really too much to expect?

Find a smaller “family” type firm …good luck on your search.
It would appear they are a dying breed.

For the Midlands, maybe K Transport? In Coven, go towards Stafford up the A449 (from M54 J2), first set of traffic lights turn left. Some nights out, mostly steel, some plant stuff.

Archers in Birmingham, on the A38 going towards Birmingham and the M42. Forklift and plant transport on curtainsiders.

There’s a couple more small hauliers in Birmingham doing flat and steel stuff. Maybe call Stan Robinsons, near Stafford.

Then again if you’re in Worcestershire, you’ll probably be wanting Birmingham companies :blush:

Robinsons of Worcester.

Could try Pentalver in Cannock sure some of theirs are out for the week,new scanias or Mercs,
fagan and Whaley in willenhall do nights or week away aswell or could try companies at Hams Hall will ask about see what I can find out.

we have a Vacancy for Debrief Clerk in our Aylesbury Branch. Dont know where you leave

Immigrant:
we have a Vacancy for Debrief Clerk in our Aylesbury Branch. Dont know where you leave

Who do you work for ■■?

Immigrant:

Keep up at the back - OP clearly states Worcester/Birmingham.

Not Aylesbury.

And he wants a driving job.

WTF is a de-brief clerk?

GOG47:
WTF is a de-brief clerk?

Somebody you hand your paperwork to when you return to the depot.

GOG47:
WTF is a de-brief clerk?

An office junior I think. Oh hang on…

.[emoji87]

a debrief clerk was a very important position years ago. i.e. you would pick a load up in Lincolnshire take it over the water tip out then run back empty . report to debrief clerk have a chat how trip went. end of job. today they are of no use whatsoever :laughing:

Socketset:

Immigrant:

Keep up at the back - OP clearly states Worcester/Birmingham.

Not Aylesbury.

And he wants a driving job.

It’s not that far away…
…If Toby flies you there. :wink:

happysack:

GOG47:
WTF is a de-brief clerk?

An office junior I think. Oh hang on…

.[emoji87]

hmmm, very droll… :wink: :laughing: