A religion question for Robroy,but will he give me a straigh

Yes,but thats because you dont want to be confronted with the truth.
Life is short,eternity is forever.
You say you have all these things going on in your life and I do too.But then,we arent staying here forever.The day is coming when we go to the next world.You dont believe in Jesus Christ.But then the day finally comes,where are you going to go then?
You left this world,everything that gives you security,your mo ey house,family,pension,health,whatever it is,bang,its all gone!
And you arent ready for the next stage…

Aye whatever. :unamused:
Sorry mate, I seriously CBA with all that utter dog ■■■■, pick somebody else to work on,.I ain’t playing.

Earth calling Carryfast, come in Carryfast …over.
:laughing:

Yes,but my question is,do you think I would have to tell the truth if I wss swearing on the Bible,or do you think I would be capable of lying and would this prove I wasnt realky a Christian and all this was just a wind up…
OK,Robroy,maybe we didnt have that conversation,going forward with this,someone on this forum asked me if I ever experienced anything out of the ordinary and the incident with the container came to mind.It was at Daventry rail port and the lady on the desk told me to park in the middle of the yard but I didnt follow her instructions.I drove by the side of the track and shortly after,I heard an almighty banging sound.I thought the train must have hit something.But when I looked across,I realised that two containers had been blown over inti the area I had been told to park.It was very windy that day.I dont know how many were stacked up.And Im left thinking wtf,but moreover,I was left wondering why I disobeyed the instructions.Now,I dont assume anyone should believe this story,I understand that but I would ,in principle,take a lie detector test and swear on the Bible that it did hapoen,but my question is would this prove that it is either true or would it prove that I am a fake and all this religion talk is all made up?

Sploom:
Yes,but my question is,do you think I would have to tell the truth if I wss swearing on the Bible,or do you think I would be capable of lying and would this prove I wasnt realky a Christian and all this was just a wind up…

:unamused: How many more ■■■■ times?
''I DON’T CARE about your ancient and ridiculous beliefs, we could argue all day (and have done) on all this, but you would still be the same brainwashed saddo at the end of it all…harsh I know, but nevertheless true.
So as they say at PM question time mate…
‘‘I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the answers I gave some time ago’’ :wink: :smiley:

You ain’t going to draw me into all this Christian religion debate sh again…I’ve made my opinions crystal in the past to you,.so have a trawl through old posts on this if you feel the need…
Go and concentrate on another victim until you wear THEM down with it,.
I’m done.
Cheers.

Edit:…
Bloody hell he’s edited his post to 3 more paragraphs since I started my reply to him !!. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok,so,in the light of the edits,you still finished with it?

Sploom:
Ok,so,in the light of the edits,you still finished with it?

Take a guess :bulb: :neutral_face:

(Jesus (no pun intended) I’m STILL.replying to him ffs. :open_mouth:
He’s like an exorcist in reverse., all this is part of his ‘conversion therapy’ technique.,.and I’m falling for it.
You’ll be seeing me wearing a crucifix next. :laughing: :laughing: )

Ok,youre done with this,I get the message.But,just to wrap this whole thing up,there is a Bible verse that indicates that you cant be brainwashed into becoming a Christian.
biblehub.com/john/6-44.htm

You must be called ,you must be one of the chosen ones othetwise it is imposdiblr.
biblehub.com/romans/8-7.htm

Dont worry,you didnt answer my question,it doesnt matter,even though when you had a question for me,you forced the issue,until you got an answer…

Sploom:
Its nothing compared to what we are expected to believe about how life began
How all these chemicals could come together and create life.How the cell somehow created a membrane around itself,to contain all the complex ingredients to sustain life and also,not only that,but reproduce…,thats infinitly more unbelievable than a few oengiuns finding their way a few thousand miles

Ah… that old chestnut, the “I can’t believe it” :laughing: Which is your fundamental mistake: science is real whether you believe it or not, science doesn’t care it doesn’t need blind faith, it’s there to be tested, in fact it demands to be tested over and over again. Whereas your religion (and others) depends upon a supply of gullible people, or it dies out, so you people try your hardest to force, and scare, people into being deluded.

“Incredulity is no basis for a logical debate”, just because you have insufficient scientific understanding, and therefore struggle to appreciate the natural physical processes of chemistry, physics and biology, makes no difference. “These chemicals” you describe, with no further information; well, the basic building blocks of biology (amino acids) can be made in the laboratory using nothing more than the known conditions of our primitive planet (search for Miller-Urey experiment).

Cell membranes - made from phoso-lipids, these naturally form into cell like structures (micelles), it is a simple product of chemistry (hydrophilic heads of these molecules point outwards into the water-based outside, the hydrophobic “tails” point inwards).

Life on this planet is far more miraculous than any old story book, but it’s impossible to explain the miraculous nature of life on earth (eg the palolo worm’s ability measure the solar, lunar and tidal calendars, or the ability of hydrothermal vent dwelling ecosystems to use sulphur in order to exist in a world without sunlight) to someone who needs to believe that our species is somehow “special”, and that the almost 99% similarity between humans is chimps is some kind of accident. :unamused: :laughing:

Sploom:
there is a Bible verse that indicates that you cant be brainwashed into becoming a Christian.
biblehub.com/john/6-44.htm

You must be called ,you must be one of the chosen ones othetwise it is imposdiblr.
biblehub.com/romans/8-7.htm

As you can tell I’m happy to amuse myself by engaging with deluded people (religionists). :laughing:

Dude… it’s a story book, and your “argument” is self-referencing nonsense because of that. All of you people are, by default, irrational, so it’s no wonder you can’t see why it’s nonsense to refer to your book to make a (fallacious) argument. All of your people are incapable of understanding logic.

More than one of your kind has said categorically, when I pointed out the inherent irrationality of their belief systems, “You need to make yourself believe”. So in my experience, most of you people are auto-brainwashed, out of a deep seated need.

Sploom:
someone on this forum asked me if I ever experienced anything out of the ordinary and the incident with the container came to mind.It was at Daventry rail port and the lady on the desk told me to park in the middle of the yard but I didnt follow her instructions.I drove by the side of the track and shortly after,I heard an almighty banging sound.I thought the train must have hit something.But when I looked across,I realised that two containers had been blown over inti the area I had been told to park.It was very windy that day.I dont know how many were stacked up.And Im left thinking wtf,but moreover,I was left wondering why I disobeyed the instructions.Now,I dont assume anyone should believe this story,I understand that but I would ,in principle,take a lie detector test and swear on the Bible that it did hapoen,but my question is would this prove that it is either true or would it prove that I am a fake and all this religion talk is all made up?

Look out Sploom, more science/maths coming your way!

This is going to come as a shock to you but we humanists / aetheists also experience fortunate coincidences too, but I put it down to a beneficial stochastic process (ie maths), not the unseen hand of an imaginary friend. cambridge.org/core/books/ab … DFDB8B7798

I suppose when things go bad for you, you fall to your knees, wringing your hands saying “Why me Lord?”, looking for a deeper meaning, whereas as we just get on with life in a “s*** happens” manner.

BTW a “lie detector”, more technically a polygraph, is objectively meaningless, it simply measures the physiological reactions of the body which are then interpreted highly subjectively by the polygraph operator. There is no objective aspect to this “pseudoscience” any more than there is to a tarot card spread or a bit of ouija board nonsense.

Additionally, if someone truly believes the nonsense they are spouting, their physiological reactions will more closely match that of a “truthful” answer.

Zac_A:
So in my experience, most of you people are auto-brainwashed, out of a deep seated need.

It does indeed seem to be a trait that we all seek (some more than others) answers. We want certainty.
For some, they convince themselves of one particular set of ideas, so they can carry on with their daily lives.
We are also (according to evolutionary psychologists) hard wired to see patterns around us. We are soo good that we see patterns that arent really there. And join that to the "Im special" exceptionalism seen in many religions, just tell people lies they want to believe in, hard to see how religions can fail really.

Written same time as Zac`s post above

robroy:
He’s like an exorcist in reverse., all this is part of his ‘conversion therapy’ technique.,.and I’m falling for it.

You could wear it upside down, Black Sabbath style :laughing:

Speaking of which, this was a fairly chuckleworthy read last week
loudersound.com/features/bl … zer-butler

I have to look up that experiment.I dont have much knowledge about chemistry but it isnt essential to have all this knowledge in order to be a Christian.Sure I believe in science but just that God created it.
I dont believe life can be created in the lab.If I said I do believe it,I would be lying.

Star down under.:
While we’re in an enquiring mood, I have a couple of questions for you, Sploom.

1. When Noah went boating, was it on salt or fresh water?

kinda brackish, after all the rain

Star down under.:
2. Australia has over a million uniquely indigenous species, how did they all fit on the ark and why didn’t a single one rate a mention?

Because Australia was invented by the famous Teessider, Captain Cook, because like all good Europeans he carried a supply of flags (for the Eddie Izzard fans). Before him it was just a patch of ocean :laughing:

Seriously, Australia is a (welcome) kick in the testes to Creationists: I mean, marsupial mammals where the offspring finish gestation in a front pocket :laughing: Is that one of God’s “mysterious ways”? ~
Even better, monotremes (echidna and platypus) - a mammal that lays eggs! :laughing: Marvellous :smiling_imp:

That’s the kind of marvel of nature that bible-bashers cannot even begin to appreciate

Sploom:
I have to look up that experiment.I dont have much knowledge about chemistry but it isnt essential to have all this knowledge in order to be a Christian.

Correction, a good knowledge of science threatens your belief system so you need to actively avoid it in case you accidentally “wake” from your delusion

Sploom:
Sure I believe in science but just that God created it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Outstanding!

See, this is why I respond to your posts, it’s better than Netflix, self-penned proof of irredeemable irrationality.

There’s no hope for you, how can your imaginary friend invent science? If that were possible, why did he (it’s always a male deity isn’t it?) invent evolutionary biology to challenge your delusions?

Did he invent Maths too? If so then why did the Arabs get to create algebra and not the Europeans?
Did Sir Issac Newton receive the basis of Calculus from the Angel-of-Mathematics? Like Dr John Dee and his mate Edward Kelley received the Enochian language (the alleged language of the angels) from “spirits”? (More likely a whopping big dose of laudanum :laughing: )

Sploom:
I dont believe life can be created in the lab.If I said I do believe it,I would be lying.

See, more woolly thinking, I said “the building blocks of life” can be created in a lab. But, lets not ignore cloning and in vitro fertilisation, which is on a very limited level “creating life in a lab”. Unless you believe IVF is somehow fake? In which case there’s a bunch of demon offspring in our societal midst.

Zac_A:

robroy:

You could wear it upside down, Black Sabbath style :laughing:

Speaking of which, this was a fairly chuckleworthy read last week
loudersound.com/features/bl … zer-butler

I always wondered why so many Godless people have various tattoos of CROSSES about their bodies…

I watch a lot of crime documentaries and the police seem to have faith in the polygrapgh than you.But I accept it could be a coincidence in any case.
When things go bad for me,I am never angry with God.I already done enough to deserve eternal punishment and He has saved me from that fate.He doesnt owe me anything,everything I have is a gift.
Anyway,given most people on this forum are probably on average 50 plus,it wont before we will all know for sure what lies beyond the grave,judging by how fast the last 20 yeats have flew by…

I am reading this book by Richard Dawkins now,about evolution.I picked it up in charity shop.It will be inttesting to read what he has to say

Sploom:
I watch a lot of crime documentaries and the police seem to have faith in the polygrapgh than you.But I accept it could be a coincidence in any case.

I refer you to my earlier quote on lack of objectivity: polygraphs have no value in British law, only in US Law, so I conclude the documentaries are American. The polygraph operator will simply ask the police what they want the polygraph to indicate, then they narrate a suitable tale - paid for by the people who want this particular tale told. See the problem?

Sploom:
Anyway,given most people on this forum are probably on average 50 plus,it wont before we will all know for sure what lies beyond the grave,

Are you old enough to remember when TV sets went to a little white dot when you switched them off, before going black? Most likely something like that.

Sploom:
I am reading this book by Richard Dawkins now,about evolution.I picked it up in charity shop.It will be inttesting to read what he has to say

I doubt you’ll like it, no matter which of his offerings it is, from The Selfish Gene to The God Delusion. I would like Richard Dawkins more if he had a sense of humour (like Richard Feynman), but sadly he doesn’t, which makes him appear to be one of the harsher anti-religion spokespeople.

Winseer.
What about the trucks with the crucifix lit up on the dash.
I dont somehow think they put it there for anything but a fashion accesory

Zac_A:

Sploom:
I have to look up that experiment.I dont have much knowledge about chemistry but it isnt essential to have all this knowledge in order to be a Christian.

Correction, a good knowledge of science threatens your belief system so you need to actively avoid it in case you accidentally “wake” from your delusion

Sploom:
Sure I believe in science but just that God created it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Outstanding!

See, this is why I respond to your posts, it’s better than Netflix, self-penned proof of irredeemable irrationality.

There’s no hope for you, how can your imaginary friend invent science? If that were possible, why did he (it’s always a male deity isn’t it?) invent evolutionary biology to challenge your delusions?

Did he invent Maths too? If so then why did the Arabs get to create algebra and not the Europeans?
Did Sir Issac Newton receive the basis of Calculus from the Angel-of-Mathematics? Like Dr John Dee and his mate Edward Kelley received the Enochian language (the alleged language of the angels) from “spirits”? (More likely a whopping big dose of laudanum :laughing: )

Sploom:

See, more woolly thinking, I said “the building blocks of life” can be created in a lab. But, lets not ignore cloning and in vitro fertilisation, which is on a very limited level “creating life in a lab”. Unless you believe IVF is somehow fake? In which case there’s a bunch of demon offspring in our societal midst.

Ah, so it wasn’t immaculate conception, it was IVF. :wink: