A rare one to see!

On an artic the other day the prefix on the number plate was CY. I couldn’t figure it out but now I’ve googled it seems so bloody obvious! It was a first for me and probably will be long enough before I see another!

Canvey Island ? :smiley:

Suedehead:
Canvey Island ? :smiley:

Close! But no cigar! :grimacing:

It is Bangor. I don’t see what is so obvious, it would have been if Bangor was in Caerphilly isn’t it?

It is also the ID for Cyprus

44 Tonne Ton:
On an artic the other day the prefix on the number plate was CY. I couldn’t figure it out but now I’ve googled it seems so bloody obvious! It was a first for me and probably will be long enough before I see another!

Sigh

my last job i had CX,the C stands for Cymru apparently, iirc X was Anglessey, (it was an ex Gwynned Shipping motor.) as all motors starting with S are scottish reg.

Any number plate beginning with C is Welsh and the next letter tells you if it is Cardiff, Swansea or Bangor. If you mean the country code then it isn’t that rare to see them on UK roads.

I did mean country codes! :grimacing:

First one from Cyprus for me but then I don’t get down Dover way much.

44 Tonne Ton:

See them on the M1 now and again.

When I go somewhere new I enjoy the ride if only because I’m stepping on new ground. So does a Cypriot driver hit the M25 and think “This is ■■■■■■ brilliant?” :grimacing:

kindle530:
my last job i had CX,the C stands for Cymru apparently, iirc X was Anglessey, (it was an ex Gwynned Shipping motor.) as all motors starting with S are scottish reg.

I noticed that nearly all the cars round here had CX but never knew that C was Cymru and X was Angelsey, learn somthng new all the time :laughing: :laughing:

44 Tonne Ton:
When I go somewhere new I enjoy the ride if only because I’m stepping on new ground. So does a Cypriot driver hit the M25 and think “This is [zb] brilliant?” :grimacing:

lool

Saaamon:

44 Tonne Ton:
When I go somewhere new I enjoy the ride if only because I’m stepping on new ground. So does a Cypriot driver hit the M25 and think “This is [zb] brilliant?” :grimacing:

lool

Cyprus M’ways are nice too, the only thing is that there are only two of them :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:

44 Tonne Ton:

See them on the M1 now and again.

I have seen it once at Dartford Crossing - nostalgia for me…

Do we also speak about white/blue Scanny :question:

Ok, not so obvious, why is GN a prefix for Kent?

Harry Monk:
Ok, not so obvious, why is GN a prefix for Kent?

GARDEN of England :smiley: