A.R.T. (Road Services) St Albans

A long while back (1980-1983) I worked for A.R.T. as the warehouse manager. Does anyone remember A.R.T.? Would like to get back in touch with anyone who remembers them or worked for them.
In those days they ran a mixed fleet of Ford transit, Ford D, Dodge 500, AEC, Volvo F86 and F88, later the fleet went to F7 and Mercedes 1617s they also got a Mercedes 809. The livery was yellow and black. The depot was on the Valley Road Industrial Estate, Porters Wood.
They were owned by Ardfields Transport, a clearing house in Edgware, that also had an international side called Ardtran.
Would love to hear from anyone who remembers them.

Haven’t been on here for a while, but yes I remember A.R.T. / Ardtran International & Ardfields. I worked in Edgware for Ardtran operating the export
Groupage service to Benelux Germany & France. Have fond memories of Jock (Tommy) Mcfeat, Denis Sadler, Bob Castle, Albert etc. and the various
longterm subbies, Phil Thomas, CRM (from Loughton) Goddards of Rugby and so on my memory is not what it was!
I went on to work for John James at Star Cargo Harpenden (Fastnet Forwarding and the Sealane Freight)
Have now given up trying to make money from transport and am now enjoying driving a 44t for Wickes at Hemel.

i had the pleasure of working for a.r.t for 5/6years from 83 onwards started on 4 wheeler merc 1617. then drove the f7,s holiday relief,ending up driving one of the 1633 merc units. worked with bob castle,dennis sadler.dougie smith,jimmy dalgleish, ■■■■/graham,albert. don the union man,tommy the mad jock.alan irving ardtran fitter.bunny in the garage with terry, glynn reeves, etc etc, in the office kelvin,pete smith, john james, then stan thompson ,all overseen by mr latchford a really nice guy to work for. a good firm to work for,still in contact with some of the boys,will have to liven them up to this post :

I worked for ART started in1973 there for 18 years mr latchford gave me my chance they put me through my test started of on a comer then Volvo 86 F88 F7 merc 1633 had the best time in transport there I now work for kentvale part of E M Rogers I would like to have a reunion of drivers and office staff if any one has time to set it up I could give names of drivers who worked there in touch with some still

Aviator737:
A long while back (1980-1983) I worked for A.R.T. as the warehouse manager. Does anyone remember A.R.T.? Would like to get back in touch with anyone who remembers them or worked for them.
In those days they ran a mixed fleet of Ford transit, Ford D, Dodge 500, AEC, Volvo F86 and F88, later the fleet went to F7 and Mercedes 1617s they also got a Mercedes 809. The livery was yellow and black. The depot was on the Valley Road Industrial Estate, Porters Wood.
They were owned by Ardfields Transport, a clearing house in Edgware, that also had an international side called Ardtran.
Would love to hear from anyone who remembers them.

I was thinking about ART only this last week or so - I had a cousin who drove there, probably briefly, and I would guess it was the late 70s. I remember him stopping over at our house one night, having arrived in an F86

Hi all,
Not been on here for a while, due to life being too hectic.
Is anyone still interested in having an old times meet up?
Hopefully we could get something together.
Ian