A quick question...

Hi guys.

Just a quick question which will only require probably 2 replies, wondered if you could settle and argument between me and my mate at work that came about today.

Can you turn an artic with trailer around on a mini roundabout :question: (the ones painted on the road)

I’m saying yes, providing there is nothing in the swing,wont do tyres much good by yes.

But he’s saying no

cheers

:grimacing: :grimacing:

Mini roundabouts come in all sizes, some you can certainly spin an artic round, street furniture permitting, but some you would have a job to get a decent sized car round without a shunt. I would say your average mini roundabout would not be possible to spin an artic round.

I can’t see any reason why not, providing that you do not affect any other road user, after all it IS a roundabout.

Putting any possible damage to one side for the moment it would depend on three things - the total length of the artic - the total road space available (not all mini roundabouts are the same) - the street furniture present.

I say “yes”

Interested in the reason your mate says “no”

del949:
I can’t see any reason why not, providing that you do not affect any other road user, after all it IS a roundabout.

Think you’ll find he means “physically” not “legally.” Del

Id say yes, however our 18t Renault Midlums that would be a big fat NO!!

redboxer850:
I say “yes”

he said they couldnt possibly turn that tight, i dunno - say you’ve taken a wrong turn and this roundabout is the first place you find that you could possibly turn round on. i know a rigid you couldnt with out 150 shunts and a few illegal reversing manouvers.

incase you hadnt gathered neither of us are artic drivers, only rigids :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

one of these typical ones, the one i’m asking about. :smiley:

easy enough i would say if planned correctly and no cars are sat right on the line awaiting to come onto the rounderbout .

rigids are crap :laughing:

Cruise Control:

redboxer850:
I say “yes”

he said they couldnt possibly turn that tight, i dunno - say you’ve taken a wrong turn and this roundabout is the first place you find that you could possibly turn round on. i know a rigid you couldnt with out 150 shunts and a few illegal reversing manouvers.

incase you hadnt gathered neither of us are artic drivers, only rigids :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

one of these typical ones, the one i’m asking about. :smiley:

I’d say yes to that one, keep tight over to the left, no “furniture” to hit

Easy that one, would possibly be a bit different if there were traffic islands in the middle of the lanes or a lamp post on the verge on the left

Looking at that picture I say yes you can.

in at the picture i would say “nae bother”…

but as somebody else pointed out that not all roundabouts are the same so … so acess the roundabout first … before u try … :exclamation: :exclamation:

man-tga:
in at the picture i would say “nae bother”…

but as somebody else pointed out that not all roundabouts are the same so … so acess the roundabout first … before u try … :exclamation: :exclamation:

that was the best pic i could find at the time. admitidly the space around the roundabout is bigger than was i was talking about, but hey ho :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley:

one more like this that would require a tight lock (IMO),the location is irelevant BTW.

That 2nd picture, no chance, you’d probably need a shunt in a car on that :open_mouth:

Cruise Control:

Spin an artic on that one no problem provided there are no vehicles waiting to enter the roundabout from the road on the right.

No chance on that one.

unless your names paul daniels you aint getting round that

It’s great fun when you have a fridge on and the front of the trailer swings right over the waiting cars.

i would say yes to both of them :open_mouth:

there is one on the B653 just south of Luton as shown here,

if you was travelling in the direction of the red arows, could you turn round at that mini roundabout and go back the way you came?

on the top right hand corner of the road number where the roundabout is situated, there is a sign post pointing up Station Road (B652)

Thinking about it, given recent events with me and roundabouts, I’d bend the trailer somehow :open_mouth: