A Question

The board is a bit quiet at the moment, must be the holidays, so here is a little tacho teaser, regarding weekly rest, to get the grey matter working. Is the following work pattern legal or not?

WORKING PATTERN: MONDAY 9TH JULY TO SUNDAY 29TH JULY 2007

WEEK 1
MONDAY 9TH JULY WORKED
TUESDAY 10TH JULY WEEKLY REST PERIOD (AT LEAST 45 HOURS)
WEDNESDAY 11TH JULY WEEKLY REST PERIOD (AT LEAST 45 HOURS)
THURSDAY 12TH JULY WORKED
FRIDAY 13TH JULY WORKED
SATURDAY 14TH JULY WORKED
SUNDAY 15TH JULY WORKED
WEEK 2
MONDAY 16TH JULY WORKED
TUESDAY 17TH JULY WORKED
WEDNESDAY 18TH JULY REDUCED WEEKLY REST PERIOD (AT LEAST 24 HOURS)
THURSDAY 19TH JULY WORKED
FRIDAY 20TH JULY WORKED
SATURDAY 21ST JULY WORKED
SUNDAY 22ND JULY WORKED
WEEK 3
MONDAY 23RD JULY WORKED
TUESDAY 24TH JULY WORKED
WEDNESDAY 25TH JULY REDUCED WEEKLY REST PERIOD (AT LEAST 24 HOURS)
THURSDAY 26TH JULY WORKED
FRIDAY 27TH JULY WORKED
SATURDAY 28TH JULY WEEKLY REST PERIOD (AT LEAST 45 HOURS)
SUNDAY 29TH JULY WEEKLY REST PERIOD (AT LEAST 45 HOURS)

Choose an option from the poll and post the reason for your choice in the thread. I’ll post the answer on Saturday evening.

Excuse the capitals but it was taken from an email I was sent and I couldn’t be bothered changing it all.

not legal

can’t do to reduced weekly rests back to back

from GV262

In any two consecutive weeks, a driver
shall take at least two regular weekly rest
periods, or one regular weekly rest period
and one reduced weekly rest period of at
least 24 hours.

i voted legal cos i would do it anyway.

legal but my head hurts too all that time off i wanna job with you!!! :laughing: :laughing:

malcolmj:
all that time off i wanna job with you!!! :laughing: :laughing:

That wasn’t my work pattern., I’ve been working much less than that. :wink: :smiley:

im voting legal but my common sense is saying not leagal. but before casting my vote i did look at the gv262 & well i aint saying nothing but was mildly surprised when i compared the two.

i lean towards the not legal BUT I’ve drank a bottle of cider hic hic and i don’t normally drink ( see the drinking thread ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
what hours was the offender doing on his working days IE; shift lengths rest period in hrs

bagpuss:
what hours was the offender doing on his working days IE; shift lengths rest period in hrs

Not relevant for this question. However, for the purposes of this question it can safely be assumed that on each working day all regulations regarding driving hours, breaks and daily rest periods were complied with.

legal? not 100% sure but having been up 23 hrs,going to man utd and returning the same night,could also vote me head hurts.

Denis F:
not legal

can’t do to reduced weekly rests back to back

from GV262

In any two consecutive weeks, a driver
shall take at least two regular weekly rest
periods, or one regular weekly rest period
and one reduced weekly rest period of at
least 24 hours.

Surely though this driver complies with that quote as he has a full weekly rest in both weeks one and three, so “in any two consecutive weeks” of this example the driver has always taken one full weekly rest and either one or two reduced rests.

I think it’s probably legal although I’m not 100% sure.

Paul

I’m gonna reckon not legal , the reduced rests haven’t been paid back .

My first reaction was to vote illegal due to the two consecutive reduced weekly rests but I decided that was too simple so read it again properly and now think it’s legal.

I’m with repton on this one because the law doesn’t actually say you can’t take two consecutive reduced weekly rests, just that you must have a full rest in on of the weeks and that’s not the same thing.

Although a weekly rest was triggered after 6 daily driving periods on the 24th I can’t find any requirement for a full rest at this point, only that a full rest must be taken before midnight on sunday 29th.

My reasoning does surprise me as it’s not something I’ve thought of before but I THINK it’s legal.

I think im gonna have to go for “my head hurts” on this one and not for comedy value or laziness but simply because im unsure :confused:

On the one hand i understood the ruling to be pretty black and white as far as the every other week end must be a full weekly rest, and i understand about the concept of the rolling week, but i can see where tony and a few others are coming from in their evaluation so… dunno tbh.

Gut feeling…

6 days worked … reduced rest
6 days worked … full weekly rest
6 days worked … reduced + pay back of 1st if it hasnt been already

Ok out on a limb im voting … NO.

My head hurts - I never have to deal with anything like this - straightforward weekends off every week. Even if I have a really late finish I get over 50 hours at the weekend.

However, I have a vague memory that all weekly rest has to be sorted by the third week, so maybe this is OK. Mind you, you wouldn’t get me working those hours.

not legal because of the back to back reduced weekly rest periods.

Legal.

Two 45’s with two 24’s inbetween.

He’s only worked two 6’s and a 2 when you can work 6-6-5 and then repay.

Stan

Totally legal!!!
The second reduced rest on the 25th is the compensation for the previous weeks reduced rest. In the 2 week period after the first ‘normal’ weekly rest, there was another 45 weekly rest taken on the 28th and 29th.

i think its legal , its all in the wording of the regs. AT LEAST this ,OR that so i voted legal

voted headhurts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i dont think its legal didnt spend to long looking at it but to me 2 lots of reduced weekly rest the 1st should be made up where the 45 rest is took now see :confused: now see :confused: can i tick me head hurts instead it was ok till i thought bout it
:cry: