A Question regarding Tacho rules

On the 4 on 4 off system, if you start your shift on a Friday and do 3 fifteen hour shifts, is it possible to do another 15 hour shift on the Monday due to the start of a new tachograph working week■■?

stevie.c:
On the 4 on 4 off system, if you start your shift on a Friday and do 3 fifteen hour shifts, is it possible to do another 15 hour shift on the Monday due to the start of a new tachograph working week■■?

No.

No.

Reduced rests are between weekly rest periods and not per fixed week.

Paul

stevie.c:

You’re allowed to have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods so the answer is no, not unless you have a split daily rest period on one of the shifts.

No, as you can only reduce daily rest 3 times, between weekly rest periods.

Unless as Tacho says, split daily rest or you magically get in a 24 before the fourth one.

0000-1500 Fri
0000-1500 Sat
0000-1500 Sun
1500 Sun -1500 Mon (reduced weekly rest - 24)
1500 Mon - 0600 Tues.
0600 Tue - 0000 Sat (90 hours off which covers a 45+24 comp block)

Not sure if it would keep working 4/4 because I can’t be bothered working it out.

stevie.c:

Stevie after weeks of discussions on the phone that will give you peace of mind knowin we are rite . Let the jocks get on with it as long as your cards are rite good luck mate . Lol

stevie.c:

It used to be possible but it hasn’t been the case since 11th April 2007.

Thanks for that lads

:laughing: Yes,You can,if you manage to have to wait for loading 11 Hour,as i did
Had a week with 8 Shifts and got £944.- before Tax,because every Minute i was out of Base got paid.

Re the Split Daily Rest is the following allowed?

Can you do this…

daily rest 12 hours

4 hours driving

45 min break

2 hours driving

3 hours split daily rest

4 hours driving

45 min break

2 hours driving

10 hour split daily rest

Cheers

Welcome to Trucknet-UK beachcomber :wink:

beachcomber:
Re the Split Daily Rest is the following allowed?

Can you do this…

daily rest 12 hours

4 hours driving

45 min break

2 hours driving

3 hours split daily rest

4 hours driving

45 min break

2 hours driving

10 hour split daily rest

Cheers

No it’s not legal, you can’t do 12 hours driving in a shift, nor can you fit the spread-over of 16.5 hours + a further 9 hours daily rest into a period of 24 hours :open_mouth:

Are you a driver ?

Cheers for the reply - pretty much thought that myself re the 10 hours driving. I’m not a driver - work in an office but it was a question asked by a colleague who thought you could do it.

OK, well the time from the start of shift until the completion of the daily rest period must fit into the 24 hour period from the start of the shift, so if the shift starts at 06:00 you must have completed the daily rest period by 06:00 the following day.

This is the case regardless of whether you’re having a normal daily rest period or a split daily rest, you’re probably aware that for EU regultions the maximum driving time between daily rest periods is 9 hours which can be increased to 10 hours twice a week.