A Question for Trampers

My boss has asked me if I would be able to tramp all week in the run up to xmas (I go on leave from the 9th December) as he may have a few contracts coming in as long as they have a artic driver in. I have told him I can do it, the wife doesn’t mind and it is all good experience. One thing I was wondering is how much clothes do you take with you for a week.

I know the usual of socks and under crackers for a week’s worth (and a couple of spare in case of the Bombay trots) and a clean t-shirt for every day but what about trousers? It will be fridge work with very few trailer swaps (if any) and mainly doing trunking overnight. Do you take a pair a day or do you try and make them last two days or what? Normally I make a pair last 2 days if away, I know sometimes you can’t, but how many do you take with you?

What else is it worth taking for the week? Bearing in mind I only normally do 2 days at the max!)

3 pairs of jeans should suffice on fridge work…make the 1st 2 last, then a nice clean pair for friday!

Or…2 pair for working all week and a clean pair if you go out somewhere nice to eat, or a pub during the week. And nice pullover.

I got 2 pairs with my uniform,make the first pair last til wednesday and then the other pair til friday/sat morning. :wink:

NIGHTS OUT - what should I take?

The link is a comprehensive list compiled from various site members on ideas of what to take when tramping or nights out.

• It lives in the FAQS forum :wink: :slight_smile:

Kettle, coffee a few pot noodles or the like, for those occasions you get stuck somewhere out in the back of beyond and no hot food is around.
Immodium, in case of said trots…
A pack of painkillers and plasters, just in case.
A decent selection of music for those times the radio is playing [zb]
Wash kit in case you happen across a shower that will leave you cleaner when you’ve used it…
Mobile phone charger!

Laptop with USB freeview tuner and 3G internet dongle is a good idea too.

Bog roll.

1. air cut off saw.
  2. baseball bat.
  3. ■■■■.
  4. prostitute murdering kit. “available at all leading truckstops”
  5. anti-muslim repelant.
  6. large knife "it’s for cutting rope ossifer.
  7. bog roll.

limeyphil:

1. air cut off saw.
  2. baseball bat.
  3. ■■■■.
  5. anti-muslim repelant.
  7. bog roll.

fpmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: quality :wink:

limeyphil:

1. air cut off saw.
  2. baseball bat.
  3. ■■■■.
  5. anti-muslim repelant.
  7. bog roll.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Very funny :smiley:

WET WIPES!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 pairs of underkrackers should last 6 days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

baby wipes there better on our delicate skin but not the cheap ones

Any one got any that are not in THIS LIST :question: :question:

If yes, then I’ll add them :smiley:

I self cater…So my kit consists of:

Two pillows, quilt, doss bag as bottom sheet, teddy bear…high viz waterproof jacket, hard hat, gloves, spare gloves, hi-viz vest…two scaff bars of varying weight, clawhammer, crowbar, bit of welding rod pulled out of a skip just handy for jammed integral ratchets, plastic bottle for filling radiator and screenwash up…big bag of clothes and undies sufficient for fresh every day and a couple of changes if I get covered in grease/dirt or soaked through…day box with huge quantites of babywipes, stove, deod, body spray, shoe spray, coffee, kettle, coffeemug, toothmug, kitchen towel…big box containing 50-plus A-Zs covering 90% of the UK (the rest are out on loan at various times)…another box with pan, chopping board, cutlery, sharp cooking knife, freezer bags, spare mug…spare gas cans, washbag with towels of various sizes, shampoo, shower gel, women’s exfoliating scrubby thing, armpit razors, pumice stone…laundry bag hung up in corner…two big scatter cushions and one small one for comfort of an evening…screwdrivers of various sizes, spare airbrake winding key, bulbs of all shapes and sizes, gaffer tape, insulation tape, cable ties, various ratchet straps and ratchets…shower shoes (flip flops)…water supplies for washing, cooking, drinking etc., couple of bottles of pop, various tins and packets of edibles for when my fridge gets empty towards the end of the week and I get stuck out Friday night, cereal bars for snacking, spare supplies of kitchen towel…proper chinese-style noodles plus a spare pack, spares of coffee, toothpaste, deod, body spray, etc…seals (bolt and strip), first aid kit, telly and voltage dropper, E45 cream, supplies of just about every over-the-counter medicine known to man, blank collection notes, tachos, tacho envelopes, spare timesheets, defect book, “female” supplies, truck manual, fuel card directory (3 years out of date), fuel card, pens, hairbrush, toothpaste and brush, stanley knife, chewing gum, spare rizlas and baccy and lighters (lots of), ketchup sachets, phone and charger, cab phone plumbed in, cb which I still haven’t got round to plumbing in…fridge full of fruit, fresh pasta and sauces, freshly cooked and chopped chicken, bread rolls (in a panini phase at the moment) and couple of pots of deli-fillings, marge, tomatoes, other nice edible stuff…special pressure cushion for sitting on when driving…washing up stuff…various kids photos, drawings, one mummified crocodile, valentines cards, business cards, chemical works passes, mascots and trinkets tucked in the headlining or stuck to the walls or hanging off various places…warm coat…spare safety boots for when my main pair give me blisters…a month’s supply (for a normal person, lasts me about a week) of paperback books…fire extinguishers inside and out, set of ladders strapped on catwalk, ADR gloves just in case. Haven’t actually got ADR, like, but you never know… various other bits and bobs I can’t think of right now eg. WD40 etc etc etc…

Funnily enough, I hate moving truck… :blush: :blush: :blush:

Koop:
3 pairs of jeans should suffice .

Struth :open_mouth: , I only got 2 pairs of jeans period. A pair for work and a pair for weekend.

I wondered why I spend alot off time on me own :wink:

Lucy:
Funnily enough, I hate moving truck… :blush: :blush: :blush:

You do surprise me “not”

Lucy:
one mummified crocodile

:question: :question: :confused: :confused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

are you avin a laugh?? get yer mum to pack a bag for yer! :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth:

ROG - A present from my 6 year old. :wink:

Marcus - No, just nigh on 10 years worth of accumulated stuff, all of which gets used. Everyone laughs until they need to borrow some of it one night in the middle of nowhere… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: