A Question for All

The prospect of being banned for life would not change anyone’s behaviour.The only thing that deters anyone from wrongdoing is the possibility of getting caught.Why else do people slow down for speed cameras and then speed up once they’ve gone past ? The only thing these long bans achieve is to have more people driving illegally and as a consequence we have to suffer uninsured drivers.More Police would create a better standard of driving and less reliance on speed cameras and parking restrictions to generate revenue would create less resentment.

Deathstar:
The prospect of being banned for life would not change anyone’s behaviour.The only thing that deters anyone from wrongdoing is the possibility of getting caught.Why else do people slow down for speed cameras and then speed up once they’ve gone past ? The only thing these long bans achieve is to have more people driving illegally and as a consequence we have to suffer uninsured drivers.More Police would create a better standard of driving and less reliance on speed cameras and parking restrictions to generate revenue would create less resentment.

Wish I’d said that, that is without doubt the only way to make our roads safer :wink:

Life bans should be introduced for anyone who feels the need to list all his qualifications etc as his signature.

del949:
Life bans should be introduced for anyone who feels the need to list all his qualifications etc as his signature.

Well at least i do check my oil

Touche! :smiley:

Not indicating on a roundabout instant life ban.

Anyone caught drink driving for the second time!!
Ok everyone is entitled to one mistake but to do it again they need their head testing. My wifes cousin got caught, served his ban payed his fine got his licence back and within weeks was caught and banned again. He has just got his licence back again its a joke!!! I currently have a bet on with the wife that he loses it again within the year.