A question about strapping down

Hopefully someone can help me on this one. So I drive a 12 ton ridged flatbed and tomorrow I have to pick up a 6 ton dump truck and all I have is 4 ton ratchet straps if I use 4 of them is this a legal load? Or do I need to use chains or 6 + ton straps? Cheers [CLINKING BEER MUGS] in advance

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Chains with tensioners for that weight

Thanks mate

Where I work the other drivers are obsessed with their ratchet straps for the diggers and dumpers up to about 6t. With me it’s chains all the way. Ratchet straps come out only for the buckets :smiley:

I usually only deal in 3 t diggers and 1 and a half T dumpers. But today I refused to pick it up an got gap tae get it.

You did the right thing. With my 8-wheeler I get dumpers 1t to 10t and diggers 1t to 13t. I work on the principal that if the truck went over on a corner,would my restraints hold everything together. I just don’t trust ratchet straps for anything other than the attachments.but that’s how I am. If there’s both to pick up I don’t carry the buckets in the dumper anymore cos DVSA will say they’re not restrained,but the other drivers do. I get bored with them asking me why I chain everything and why I’ve strapped the buckets down. Horses for courses :smiley:

Oh! I have been leaving the buckets in the dumper i won’t from now on. Every day is a skool daze. Do you transport dumpers on the incline at the beaver tail?

That’s fine as far as I’m concerned if you think you’re within the rear axle limits :smiley:

I will find out I do have a axle weight sensor doo dah (axtec)