A question about cabotage

If Scotland gets it’s independance, will foreign trucks be able to come to Scotland on an international run and do 3 cabotage runs there then 3 in England then 3 in Scotland then 3 in England then 3 in Scotland and so on and so forth :question: :question: :question:

Red Squirrel:
If Scotland gets it’s independance, will foreign trucks be able to come to Scotland on an international run and do 3 cabotage runs there then 3 in England then 3 in Scotland then 3 in England then 3 in Scotland and so on and so forth :question: :question: :question:

Interesting point! Will loads to England carried by Scottish hauliers be classed as international, and cabotage rules apply there? Same for English going to Scotland of course…

Would be interesting when/if we ever see the daily tax for trucks as well, all scotch trucks would then be classed as foreign whereas English trucks would have then have the financial advantage.
I don’t know why its even being debated, it will never happen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

I think there would be more of a problem for the Scots. Much more of them doing internal work in England than English doing internal work in Scotland

hope it never happens and i’ve lived in scotland all my life. things are hard enough the now with work etc. be a lot worse if wee salmond gets his way! been like this for 300 years, why change now? does that mean i can only go to liverpool 3 times a week and have to park up for 4 days?