A question about air brakes/seats

Apologies if this is the wrong place, looking for some advice from some been there got the t shirt, drivers.
I’m looking to paint my lorry and was wondering if I could cut into the line that does the drivers seat? While I’m here, could you also use to pump up the tyres?.

Que all the old sages rolling their eyes, shaking heads and tutting.

New to this and if I don’t ask I don’t get.

Thanks Oaf.

Oaf:
Apologies if this is the wrong place, looking for some advice from some been there got the t shirt, drivers.
I’m looking to paint my lorry and was wondering if I could cut into the line that does the drivers seat? While I’m here, could you also use to pump up the tyres?.

Thanks Oaf.

What type of truck do you have??

Oaf:

Thanks Oaf.

I’m not sure about painting the lorry not sure if you need a larger air tank than on a lorry, and I think it doesn’t cost to much to hire a compressor. In my experience it’s better to get the right kit for a job than trying to save a few quid by bodging it, always seems to end up costing more in the long run.

As for pumping a tyre up using the truck air it is possible, done it in the past, but you don’t need to cut an airline in the seat, there is normally an outlet on the air tanks, I think they call it a test point and all you need is an adapter to go in there with a long hose to reach the wheels, the one I had could do the trailer tyres as well, I think you can get them on Ebay.

Thanks for the replys, it’s only a little 7.5 ton job, 2001 Renault midlum. Will have a poke about around the tanks looking for the test fitting.

Waiting for the 7.5 ton mockery…