A-one transport (leeds) / DLS europe

here you go jj you got your pics on the other a1 thred but this is worth letting the old a1 lads read :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Spardo:
No pics, but I remember the old A1 firstly as a regular load back clearing house in, I suppose, 60s/70s.
Secondly for the horrific accident on the canal bridge at Ardres south of Calais before the autoroute was built, when one of theirs hit a British camper van head on, killing all inside and depositing the bodies of two children inside the tilt. They had been sleeping in the Luton bunk. I think the A1 driver went to gaol.
Don’t need pics of that, I saw the trailer later.
Sorry for the downer jj, hope you get the pics you want.

Salut, David.

The accident you refer to above was not caused by any aone drivers. It was one of aone’s subcontractors who fell asleep after driving most the way back from the spanish border. He also tried to board the ferry to avoid the french police. He never went to prison,he only got a large fine. His name escape’s me at the moment but he was an owner driver from Huddersfield. I hope this helps to put record straight. Regards. Alan Bennett. ex aone transport, now retired after 30 years. :grimacing:

i’ve posted the same request before but thought i’d try again on this forum - does anyone have or know of any photos of the above companies’ trucks (basically same firm, same livery) please?

in particular they ran a few specially built trailers to carry tractor cabs (similar to the ones still operated by john bywater’s in dover) which i’m searching for photos of - would appreciate any assistance anyone can give

I have searched high and low :confused: I know I saw some picky’s off some of the old A1 fleet somewhere, but I waste my time, sorry :cry:

I had two old CB mates on A1 at night, ‘Drifter and Wigwam’ both drove F7’s

No pics, but I remember the old A1 firstly as a regular load back clearing house in, I suppose, 60s/70s.
Secondly for the horrific accident on the canal bridge at Ardres south of Calais before the autoroute was built, when one of theirs hit a British camper van head on, killing all inside and depositing the bodies of two children inside the tilt. They had been sleeping in the Luton bunk. I think the A1 driver went to gaol.

Salut, David.

Spardo:

Salut, David.

and on that cheerful note