A nice test of my employer

In the world of general haulage I don’t tend to do many city shopping centre but today I have the St Enoch Centre on Glasgow.

Aware that there’s more than one service area and having done shop delivery work I’ve called them to ask where I need to be so I can approach from the correct way and I need to be using the Howard St area.

A look on Google and I’ve found it with a height barrier across it saying 13ft 9in max. Im running at 13ft 11in.

There should be one answer but let’s see what they cone up with. I’ve given then about 4 hours advance warning too.

I used to deliver in there years ago !!

your better off phoning the customer to come down and meet you at the loading area as it is a maze down there :laughing:

Is the bridge…

Height signed as a warning or a limit?

yourhavingalarf:
Is the bridge…

Height signed as a warning or a limit?

That’s near on…

Fifteen feet.

I’d be going under that no bother at 13’ 11"

Errrr, I thinks that’s a 7.5t TNT truck, so smaller■■?

May well get lower once underground with services like water, electric on ceilings.

In my experience shop staff don’t have a clue what delivery point you’ve to use.
" I only come in the front" is the usual reply.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

In my opinion you did right thing looking it up.
Me personally I’d look it up. And not tell anyone to I get there. Then let them sort it out.
Way I see it if you run a business of any Kind and you get deliveries. And they obviously know there’s a height/width restriction. Then they should specify it on the paperwork.

Not long ago I collected load of panels of chipboard got to delivery address a shop being renivated. Only access was via pedestrian way between 6 am and 10 am was about 13 00 when I got there no one said had to be there before 11. Shop fitters were going mad. I said did you tell anyone was only access between 6 an 10 they said no. But your a driver you should know these things. Stuff went back to where I collected it from

DF40:
In my experience shop staff don’t have a clue what delivery point you’ve to use.
" I only come in the front" is the usual reply.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Yeah others the actual shopping centre I contacted. I concur that shop staff aren’t usually the best with directions.

edd1974:
In my opinion you did right thing looking it up.
Me personally I’d look it up. And not tell anyone to I get there. Then let them sort it out.
Way I see it if you run a business of any Kind and you get deliveries. And they obviously know there’s a height/width restriction. Then they should specify it on the paperwork.

Not long ago I collected load of panels of chipboard got to delivery address a shop being renivated. Only access was via pedestrian way between 6 am and 10 am was about 13 00 when I got there no one said had to be there before 11. Shop fitters were going mad. I said did you tell anyone was only access between 6 an 10 they said no. But your a driver you should know these things. Stuff went back to where I collected it from

Nah if I see a problem I’ll let them know as soon as. Put it this way it’s not about three hours later and I’m still awaiting any decision.

They’ll be trying to find a local haulier,to take it in,for a price that still leaves a bit of profit for your mob :smiley:

As far as i am aware that is the main service yard,

there is another one above ground where Debenhams is ( Osborne Street ) but i don’t know what shops that caters for.

commonrail:
They’ll be trying to find a local haulier,to take it in,for a price that still leaves a bit of profit for your mob :smiley:

Well done Gordon Leslie’s :laughing:

Result. :sunglasses: