A new toy

Well, I bought a new toy and decided to give it a go. Here’s a sneak peak of what I did with it today:

Here’s another pic of the lorry roaring away.

Just to be clear, that lorry isn’t my new toy as it obviously isn’t a) new, b) toy and c) mine. :grimacing:

After shooting about a hundred shots with the toy I’m now in awe how fast even such a cheap toy is (cheap is quite relative here…). Even autofocus feels reliable after this single tryout which is quite what I expected, but it’s still pretty nice to actually notice it working :slight_smile:

Oh, my toy. It’s a camera if you didn’t get it by now :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems to work well! Which one did you get, and, (although this isn’t really relavent for truck photos) can it do good close-ups?

So, anyway, who are you driving for this summer? Are you back on the egg-mobile?

I don’t know about close-ups as I haven’t tried them yet. It might perform pretty well, but maybe not with the lens it’s currently having. So what I bought is a cheapest digital SLR Canon offers, namely Canon EOS 450D. Now I just have to learn to use it properly and not just with the point-and-shoot way I’m more familiar with.

Answer to the latter question is the same company as previous summers. Probably few weeks with the egg-mobile and rest of the time I’m likely to drive the wagons found in this thread I posted about week ago.

OK. I’m looking for something to replace my Praktika L SLR - thinking of going digital :wink: All of my photos on here were taken with my phone, but at some point I’m going to need something better, as I have a magazine article project (totally unrelated to trucking) under work. That will need something that can take closeups of objects about 4" across.

Looking at the other thread, that’s quite a selection you’ve been driving… where are you getting those RH trailers from? I’ve seen lots of them parked up at Hietanen. Let me know next time you’re out this way, maybe we can meet up again! :smiley:

Zetorpilot:
Looking at the other thread, that’s quite a selection you’ve been driving… where are you getting those RH trailers from? I’ve seen lots of them parked up at Hietanen. Let me know next time you’re out this way, maybe we can meet up again! :smiley:

Well, that’s only RH trailer I’ve ever towed. It was just something to get from Helsinki to Turku after leaving borrowed container skeleton to Tuusula and my “own” skelly was in Turku.

I think we might nevertheless manage to meet up sometime during the summer as the red Volvo normally visits Lappeenranta three or four times during the week. So maybe we’ll be at Pitkä-Shell some evening (or at TB if one has empty enough tank to get free food :stuck_out_tongue:).