A new task for Bazman

Krankee:
I know my height in feet and inches, I don’t need to know it in Metric. So why do they insist on using Metric. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Ha! Tough!! :wink:

I know my fruit & veg in pounds and ounces but aren’t allowed to buy it like that!! :imp: :imp:

It’s called Europe. :unamused: :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
And while on my grumpy old man rant again, would it be so difficult to put the fuel suppliers name on the motorway service signs before getting to the service area, as they do in Europe

And put the price up before you get there as well aka the continent.
When I used to run through France they would show the brand ,price, distance for the next 3 or 4 service areas

JohnGr:
■■? how is bazman supposed to know if he no longer post on here.

Whats he got the hump or something :question:

It might have something to do with this trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14451

Wheel Nut:
Fuel Cards and Fuel Stations

And while on my grumpy old man rant again, would it be so difficult to put the fuel suppliers name on the motorway service signs before getting to the service area, as they do in Europe

That sounds like commonsense to me.That’s why it won’t happen… :smiley:

I agree 100% with you Wheelnut. If there’s a queue on the HGV pumps I’ll put the 7.5 tonner on the petrol side and fill there. Strange really, if I fill that side I dont need to flash the plastic, but I do on the HGV side.

I also refuse to queue up with the card, and walk to the front with it.

Its also good fun to take the nozzle out of the holder before you walk in so the alarm is ringing until your pump is authorised.

I also remember one stupid attendant managed to lose my card in the 5 minutes between my handing the card in and getting the truck filled. That took some sorting out between me, the boss and the garage. We had to cancel the card and get another one issued, all because they left it on the counter and another customer picked it up.

Calv

Calv:
I agree 100% with you Wheelnut. I also remember one stupid attendant managed to lose my card in the 5 minutes between my handing the card in and getting the truck filled. That took some sorting out between me, the boss and the garage. We had to cancel the card and get another one issued, all because they left it on the counter and another customer picked it up.

Calv

Thats exactly the problem Calv, many fuel cards are used to pay for road tolls, ferry crossings and even breakdown service, so when the stupid operator gives your card to the wrong driver, he may be going 3000 miles in the opposite direction.

Stopping the card is all well and good, but it means you cannot continue the journey