A New Driver

Hi,

I have a couple of questions if people can help me.

I’ve just passed my Cat C and just got my digital tachograph but do I need to get any of the paper manual ones or will whoever I get work for provide them for me?

Also as I have a different full time job at the moment but I am trying to find any agency that has any part time or weekend work. I live in Sussex and really don’t care about travelling as it’s experince that I require as I’m going to try for my C+E soon.

Nick-B:
Hi,

I have a couple of questions if people can help me.

I’ve just passed my Cat C and just got my digital tachograph but do I need to get any of the paper manual ones or will whoever I get work for provide them for me?

Also as I have a different full time job at the moment but I am trying to find any agency that has any part time or weekend work. I live in Sussex and really don’t care about travelling as it’s experince that I require as I’m going to try for my C+E soon.

Congrats on passing your test.
It’s the drivers responsibility to ensure they have enough charts to complete their run and have a spare chart.
Most operators will supply them to you. If you’re doing agency work it might be best just to get some of your own just in case.

Where in Sussex are you?

HI m1cks,

Thanks. I had a browse on the internet it seems there are many different types so not too sure which one to pick. I live in Brighton & Hove.

You might find work a bit thin. Try driver hire in Southwick.
Best bet is to head up to Crawley and sign up with manpower and Crawley driver hire. Plenty more HGV firms up that way so more chance of work.

Nick-B:
HI m1cks,

Thanks. I had a browse on the internet it seems there are many different types so not too sure which one to pick. I live in Brighton & Hove.

Hi mate don’t waste your money on them. I find that if I’m ever in an analogue truck they are either in the truck already or traffic will hand you them at the start of the shift…
It is the drivers responsibility to ensure he/she has enough but I wouldn’t go spending my own money on them, I’ve got a box of them in my bag now that my old employer gave to me just incase. But haven’t required to open them yet lol.