A Moral & legal dilemma?

Was having a debate with the Mrs a few nights ago after watching a TV prog…

What if it was acknowledged that paedophiles and certain very violent people had a gene that made them that way which meant their condition could never be cured or fully controlled …

Under the current moral & legal rules of our society, what should we do with them ?

Please note - not what we would LIKE to do with them :wink:

Shoot them… I don’t think there very moral or legal.

altitude:
Shoot them… I don’t think there very moral or legal.

As I said -

ROG:

The question is already answered there is nothing you can do with them they cant be changed. All you can do is protect there potenntial victims either lock them away for the rest of there life wasting tax payers money on them or instead change the law and SHOOT THE ■■■■■■■■

If their behaviour can’t be modified lock 'em up for good. And yeah I’m willing to pay for it…

ROG:
Was having a debate with the Mrs a few nights ago after watching a TV prog…

What if it was acknowledged that paedophiles and certain very violent people had a gene that made them that way which meant their condition could never be cured or fully controlled …

Under the current moral & legal rules of our society, what should we do with them ?

Sorry if I’m not understanding the question correctly but under the current legal rules there’s not much that can be done apart from wait for them to commit a crime and then free them when they’ve served their time, is there?

Surely the question is how best to change the rules to protect the innocent and reasonably law abiding members of our society :confused:

My girlfriends Mom works for social services and is often involved in cases involving the filthy ■■■■■■■■ she warned us the other day to be careful with letting the kids out as it right on our door step. She couldn’t tell us any more for obvious reason no matter how much I tried to get it out of her.

So everyone knows they cant be changed so why does the council or whoever re home them in areas where there are loads and loads of young kids? It has made me so bloody paranoid now I am always looking out the window to see if the kids are okay.

They should be locked away for life, and life should mean life for murderers, ■■■■■■ and peados. There is no way the death penalty will ever come back so that is the next best thing and I don’t mind paying my taxes to keep them behind bars either.

tachograph:
Surely the question is how best to change the rules to protect the innocent and reasonably law abiding members of our society

Could we make one of our islands that surround the mainland available to house the ‘incurable’ :bulb:

I think one of the main stummbling blocks to finding a suitable way of dealing with all scum that pollutes our Island is all this Human rights crap.How many times have we heard “we cant do this or that because it would violate there human rights”. Get rid of this euro imposed legislation and dealing with all the scum might get a bit easier.
Personally I would get rid of automatic early release, you get 5 years you do 5 years.
Get rid of tv’s ,playstations etc from the cells.
Set up work parties in the community complete with orange boilersuits
Thats my sensible sugestions .
Now what I would really like once guilt was proved beyond doubt.
Peados, cut their balls off
Thiefs , cut their hands off
Murders, , cut their heads off.
Wishful thinking I know , but could be very effective. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Rog, so your saying that people with a defective gene is a second class citizen, and you want to somehow exclude them from society!

How can you tell that the defective gene makes them violent or a threat to children? How do you propose the defective gene is isolated? If it is isolated, do you suggest that all feotuses be screened for the defective gene, if defective gene is found, do you terminate the pregancy or let it go full term and then imprison the baby.

Do you stop there? you could screen for any genetic abnormality and get rid of any foetus with an abnormality. social cleansing I think it’s called. didn’t hitler have the same idea.

All humans are flawed, it is what makes society what it is, diverse, interesting and fun. People who think of ways to exclude any person from society is in my opinion worse than the person with the problem, they are elitst and snobish, they think they are better than other people.

I have just found out that 4 members of my familly, 2 of my children, my partner and her mother have a defective gene. They have sticklers syndrome which affects the eyes, the ears, facial features, it can cause artheritis and osteoperosis, are they less human than yourself.

When a child is born, it doesn’t know what is in store for it through life, a lot of problems in society are caused through poverty which in turn is caused by the capialist society we live in. Some problems are caused by nurture, some people struggle to bring up children correctly which can cause the child to grow violent or a danger to children.

I believe there is no complete answer to societies problems, there will always be violence, there will always be ■■■■■■ predators and there will always be people who think that these people don’t have the right to life.
Everybody has the right to life, whatever that person does, I don’t like the fact that there are dangers to society but we have got to face facts that these dangers are always present, but instead of condeming these people we have to try and understand how these people became the way they are and try and help them instead of excluding them.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Rog, so your saying that people with a defective gene is a second class citizen, and you want to somehow exclude them from society!

How can you tell that the defective gene makes them violent or a threat to children? How do you propose the defective gene is isolated? If it is isolated, do you suggest that all feotuses be screened for the defective gene, if defective gene is found, do you terminate the pregancy or let it go full term and then imprison the baby.

Do you stop there? you could screen for any genetic abnormality and get rid of any foetus with an abnormality. social cleansing I think it’s called. didn’t hitler have the same idea.

All humans are flawed, it is what makes society what it is, diverse, interesting and fun. People who think of ways to exclude any person from society is in my opinion worse than the person with the problem, they are elitst and snobish, they think they are better than other people.

I have just found out that 4 members of my familly, 2 of my children, my partner and her mother have a defective gene. They have sticklers syndrome which affects the eyes, the ears, facial features, it can cause artheritis and osteoperosis, are they less human than yourself.

When a child is born, it doesn’t know what is in store for it through life, a lot of problems in society are caused through poverty which in turn is caused by the capialist society we live in. Some problems are caused by nurture, some people struggle to bring up children correctly which can cause the child to grow violent or a danger to children.

I believe there is no complete answer to societies problems, there will always be violence, there will always be ■■■■■■ predators and there will always be people who think that these people don’t have the right to life.
Everybody has the right to life, whatever that person does, I don’t like the fact that there are dangers to society but we have got to face facts that these dangers are always present, but instead of condeming these people we have to try and understand how these people became the way they are and try and help them instead of excluding them.

Nobody was on about illnesses like members of your family have, we was talking about someone that posses a threat to your child. You may feel sorry for a peado because they may or may not of had a good upbringing but I think they should all be dealt with in a manor that they will never get any where near a child in the future, it is an unforgivable crime something that will stay with the victim for the rest of their lives so why should they be allowed to live their lives

The greatest damage done to society as a result of constant histeria about peodphiles is that folk are to scared to interact with kids. Speak to them, tell em off or just a friendly chat, such a shame… as for law and order the very low crime rates in countrys that have strict laws proves that harsh treatment of crimimals work. Bring back the birch etc & lets live much safer and securley in our land…

pavaroti:
The greatest damage done to society as a result of constant histeria about peodphiles is that folk are to scared to interact with kids. Speak to them, tell em off or just a friendly chat, such a shame… as for law and order the very low crime rates in countrys that have strict laws proves that harsh treatment of crimimals work. Bring back the birch etc & lets live much safer and securley in our land…

spot-on,pavaroti,me and my mrs have spent quite a bit of time in Singapore,where the law is strict,but more importantly,enforced! and we have no probs walking the steets at midnight etc,something i wouldnt dream of doing in Bournemouth! :unamused: …chris

Big Brummie Macca:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Nobody was on about illnesses like members of your family have, we was talking about someone that posses a threat to your child. You may feel sorry for a peado because they may or may not of had a good upbringing but I think they should all be dealt with in a manor that they will never get any where near a child in the future, it is an unforgivable crime something that will stay with the victim for the rest of their lives so why should they be allowed to live their lives

My familly are not ill, they have a defective gene. apart from that they are normal healthy people. The biggest problem with society is the sensationalism of the press, yes there are people who should be kept away from children, some are meant to be respected members of society. Some catholic preists for a start.

ODD makes a good point - how far as a society are we prepared to go ?

That was one of the points of this thread.

Someone diagnosed with ADHD might be considered dangerous if they are not controlled but there is help for them whereas if there is no control available for a violent person who has been born with a defective gene - unless permanenty having them heavily sedated in case they do go off on one is classed as reasonable…