A miracle!

Today as I headed back to NYC from Wilbraham MA I decided to nip in the Blue Beacon in Milford CT (behind the dreaded Pilot). I entered via the back way to see if there was the usual hour long wait but there was not ! … not only that but there were no trucks inside either, in and out in 15 minutes with abot 15 blokes who had nothing else to do washing my vehicle. To top that I witnessed another odd event ! … As I drove out through the Pilot there were no trucks of any sort at the fuel pumps, not even pulled through and gone for food !! … I took advantage and fueled up then got a shower.
If this ever happens again I will be very suprised, with no rain forecast for over a week and blisteringly hot sunshine I was stunned :sunglasses:

Pat Hasler:
Today as I headed back to NYC from Wilbraham MA I decided to nip in the Blue Beacon in Milford CT (behind the dreaded Pilot). I entered via the back way to see if there was the usual hour long wait but there was not ! … not only that but there were no trucks inside either, in and out in 15 minutes with abot 15 blokes who had nothing else to do washing my vehicle. To top that I witnessed another odd event ! … As I drove out through the Pilot there were no trucks of any sort at the fuel pumps, not even pulled through and gone for food !! … I took advantage and fueled up then got a shower.
If this ever happens again I will be very suprised, with no rain forecast for over a week and blisteringly hot sunshine I was stunned :sunglasses:

I’ve never stopped there before…I’ve looked down on to it from the road before and it just looks a terrible place, even for a pilot.

I have never been there without seeing a Midland truck at some point and this was no exception … when I came out of the shower and walked back to the truck there was a Midland Cascadia at the pumps.

Pat Hasler:
I have never been there without seeing a Midland truck at some point and this was no exception … when I came out of the shower and walked back to the truck there was a Midland Cascadia at the pumps.

The Stobart of the Canadian maritimes! Complete with compulsory green uniform and a set of rules that would put many UK companies to shame!

I stopped at the TA in Ruby road on weds morning and a Midland truck wirh a team running it pulled on the pump next to me as I was about to fill up, one guy got out and kicked all the wheels then went inside, the second guy got out and went inside too. I filled my tank, parked my truck in the first available spot ner the pumps and building, went in and got my reciept, scanned my paperwork then took a shower, went to Dunkin Donuts and then back to my truck to see the Midland truck still parked there at the pumps with no sign of either man.

Pat Hasler:
I stopped at the TA in Ruby road on weds morning and a Midland truck wirh a team running it pulled on the pump next to me as I was about to fill up, one guy got out and kicked all the wheels then went inside, the second guy got out and went inside too. I filled my tank, parked my truck in the first available spot ner the pumps and building, went in and got my reciept, scanned my paperwork then took a shower, went to Dunkin Donuts and then back to my truck to see the Midland truck still parked there at the pumps with no sign of either man.

hi pat .
well, stuff a stote. :laughing: :laughing:

Poke a parrot you old tart, where have you been ?