a look at life

Ited be
I ain’t wearing no ■■■■■■■ hat

And we still have plenty of Wally’s driving today… :wink:

muckles:
Fantastic find that, thanks for posting. :smiley:

I didn’t realise they used that coupling system where the legs left up automatically, on trucks that large, I thought is was only Scammell Scarabs that had them.

They were called Scammell couplings, I drove one for National Carriers back in 1978, fitted to a Bedford TK and were referred to as Urban artics.

Soldier z:
The ROSPA award used to get them in the forces but never seen them since do they still exist?

Wally is doing well if he can afford a nice car like that, bet not many wagon drivers owned a 4 dooor saloon back then.

Think it’s a top of the range Ford Zodiac how many drivers could afford an equivalent car today?

splitshift:

Soldier z:
The ROSPA award used to get them in the forces but never seen them since do they still exist?

Wally is doing well if he can afford a nice car like that, bet not many wagon drivers owned a 4 dooor saloon back then.

Think it’s a top of the range Ford Zodiac how many drivers could afford an equivalent car today?

4 door saloon is non p/c slang in these parts nowadays.

like it. cool :sunglasses:

Suedehead:

splitshift:

What, like Egg and Spoon? :wink:

Harry Monk:

Suedehead:

splitshift:

What, like Egg and Spoon? :wink:

Or Cherryade? :laughing:

This was a nice post! now you’re gonna get it binned :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:

splitshift:

Soldier z:

when i was kid i loved going from school to my mates house, his dad gave me a lift home in one of those, when he came to mine my dad gave him a lift on pillion of motorbike,it must have made a impression on him he became a police motorcyclist

Quality video, really shows a young lad like me how simple life was

Like how he always has a ■■■ on the go and even in the cafe :laughing: them days will never be back

Not a forklift in sight!

att:
Not a forklift in sight!

There was one trundling about fairly aimlessly early into the clip,but I see your point :slight_smile: Love the way Wally,door open, gets on the bay literally single handed. Can’t believe the size of those mirrors though !!

syramax:

Suedehead:

splitshift:

Soldier z:

when i was kid i loved going from school to my mates house, his dad gave me a lift home in one of those, when he came to mine my dad gave him a lift on pillion of motorbike,it must have made a impression on him he became a police motorcyclist

White or purple helmet?

Great clip, enjoyed that. Bit before my time though.

Not a high viz in sight.

Wally loves a ■■■…

Sir +:

att:
Not a forklift in sight!

There was one trundling about fairly aimlessly early into the clip,but I see your point :slight_smile: Love the way Wally,door open, gets on the bay literally single handed. Can’t believe the size of those mirrors though !!

I work with a guy in his early 70’s he always reverses with the door open, not using mirrors and never has a mishap!,Wally done well with that nasty little single axle trailer as they can make a mug of the best driver :wink: