A London taxi driver

You would expect them to be professional seeing as its the capital of the UK :unamused:
You know how it goes in London, 2 lanes into 1 every few hundred yards just so the buses can keep on time :unamused:
Anyway I was in lane 1 of the 2, I was approaching a bus lane so had to move into lane 2, I looked in the mirror seen a taxi about 2 car lengths from the back of the trailer, I stuck on the indicator to move over and the muppet put his foot down to try and stop me from moving into lane 2 :imp: Well as I like a game of chicken I decided to move into lane 2 while he tried to block me :laughing: artic vs taxi = unlucky + beeeeeppppppppppp :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I am really starting to like the place, only because I like peeing off crap drivers :grimacing:
Only one issue I have tho is the 7ft width restrictions that seem to pop up everywhere :imp: my tomtom truck doesnt pick them up neither does my truckers atlas :unamused:

Was it a Black cab?

I hated London with a passion! The only way to drive around the place is to assume that you are the only one on the road, forget junctions and roundabouts and just keep going, if you stop then no sod will let you out, worked for me - oh and I agree about the width restrictions, bloody stupid place.

fodentanker:
Was it a Black cab?

:unamused:
As in the famous London cab?

fodentanker:
Was it a Black cab?

Yep with a white driver (i’m not being racist :wink: )

The reason i asked was that London cabs are allowed in the bus lanes. :open_mouth:
So why he was trying to stop you from changing lanes is beyond me.

fodentanker:
The reason i asked was that London cabs are allowed in the bus lanes. :open_mouth:

I think the reason they dont go in the bus lanes is becasue they will end up stuck behind a bus picking people up and no one will let them out to overtake it.

bubsy06:

fodentanker:

I think the reason they dont go in the bus lanes is becasue they will end up stuck behind a bus picking people up and no one will let them out to overtake it.

Yep and when they use a bus lane to undertake you its great fun when their plan doesnt work :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

bubsy06:

fodentanker:

Yep and when they use a bus lane to undertake you its great fun when their plan doesnt work :laughing: :laughing:

Thats why I am starting to like London , So many ways to get your own back on â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  drivers :grimacing:

bubsy06:

DAF95XF:

bubsy06:

fodentanker:

Thats why I am starting to like London , So many ways to get your own back on [zb] drivers :grimacing:

How long have you been driving ?

bubsy06:
Only one issue I have tho is the 7ft width restrictions that seem to pop up everywhere :imp: my tomtom truck doesnt pick them up neither does my truckers atlas :unamused:

As long as your eyeballs do that’s the important bit. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

My son had to go and recover a 7.5t Daf that had tried to get through a 7 foot width restriction on Monday. It was well and truly stuck and the driver told him he thought if he went fast enough it would get through. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Needless to say some of it got through and some bits ended up on the road. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Suedehead:
How long have you been driving ?

Not long mate, bout 3 years.

Coffeeholic:
As long as your eyeballs do that’s the important bit. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

My son had to go and recover a 7.5t Daf that had tried to get through a 7 foot width restriction on Monday. It was well and truly stuck and the driver told him he thought if he went fast enough it would get through. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Needless to say some of it got through and some bits ended up on the road. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

My eyeballs were fine, its just that I came up upto a t junction, right was a road closed due to gas main works and left had 2 different ways to my destination but they both had width restrictions :imp: Ended up having to squash a hedge and â– â– â– â–  off some bloke :laughing:

Driving in London is pretty straightforward. No one gives way to anyone and no one expects to be given way to so no one should get angry. Don’t wait to be let out, just pull out, it’s perfectly fine. In other cities more people jump on the horn a lot quicker for rude driving, there isn’t rude driving in London, it’s just normal. Just don’t wait too long when the lights change!

I can be a bit weird - things that would give you brown trousers anywhere else are just normal or even fun in London.

I used to do a regular delivery which involved blindside reversing off a 3 lane one way street. The trick was to stop in the middle lane with hazards flashing and waving to the drivers who had to get round. When the lights a couple of hundred yards back stopped the traffic, then bang in reverse and go for it ignoring the outraged horns.

I always ended with a big grin on my face.

Santa:
I can be a bit weird - things that would give you brown trousers anywhere else are just normal or even fun in London.

I used to do a regular delivery which involved blindside reversing off a 3 lane one way street. The trick was to stop in the middle lane with hazards flashing and waving to the drivers who had to get round. When the lights a couple of hundred yards back stopped the traffic, then bang in reverse and go for it ignoring the outraged horns.

I always ended with a big grin on my face.

London Paris and New York

It is written on every pot of perfume for those brown trouser moments, it is even written on some pants :stuck_out_tongue:

I once towed a caravan round the Arc de Triumph. Whoooo!!

My mate who has been driving in london for years once told the trick is you must not indicate at roundabouts and junctions when your in a truck and people will give you a wide berth because they dont know which way your going to go, well not sure how many accidents he must of had because its every man for himself in london and they dont care which way your going they will still cut you up .Its taken me a few years to learn how to get about and get used to the bad drivers ,cars/taxis,minicabs bloody buses and the worst of all the bloody bikes.But what fun it can be.

bubsy06:
You would expect them to be professional seeing as its the capital of the UK :unamused:
You know how it goes in London, 2 lanes into 1 every few hundred yards just so the buses can keep on time :unamused:
Anyway I was in lane 1 of the 2, I was approaching a bus lane so had to move into lane 2, I looked in the mirror seen a taxi about 2 car lengths from the back of the trailer, I stuck on the indicator to move over and the muppet put his foot down to try and stop me from moving into lane 2 :imp: Well as I like a game of chicken I decided to move into lane 2 while he tried to block me :laughing: artic vs taxi = unlucky + beeeeeppppppppppp :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I am really starting to like the place, only because I like peeing off crap drivers :grimacing:

I had the same happen down the Westend!! Blackcab decides to accelerate and hit the o/s rear corner of the Luton sprinter I was driving! I kept on going to the traffic lights and stopped on the Red! He pulled up in front of me and jumped out of his cab and came up to the door!! He was giving it large until I got out and he run back into his cab! He had a passenger in the back! Who was having a right old shout at him! So I go up to the passenger and asked him if he saw what happened? He said yes and gave me his details as a witness!! :grimacing: And I gave the bloke a lift to where he was going!
Never heard a thing from the Cabby at all after that!!! :laughing:

London Paris and New York

And Peckham?

Cue the song … " we’ve some half price TV’s , David Bowie LP’s … " :laughing: