A job to die for (or in...)

switchlogic:

the maoster:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
As for driving rigids being beneath anyone who are you trying to fool.

Simply saying it is not and never has been beneath me personally. People obsessed with driving artics are generally the ones with very fragile egos.

I don’t feel the need to validate the size of my ■■■■■ by driving an artic (it’s large enough to fill a pram incidentally) and I really can’t understand the mindset that looks down on “lesser” vehicles. Truth be out if the money matched I’d be happier driving a Renault Kangoo than a bleedin artic!

When on agency I preferred rigids as they meant less work in long run

You obviously never got lumbered with driving a scaffold wagon among other similar zb on agency.
While ironically one of the best jobs I ever did was distance pallet deliveries with a 16 tonner also on the same agency and we all know how that turned out.No doubt because of the face fits favouritism that infests the industry.Or possibly because I was so good at it that they thought I’d take the client away from them when the guvnor said he wanted me to stay on it regular.Oh and I’ve always said that I prefer driving rigids/drawbars than artics.It’s all about the work not the truck and people drive artics because they think that it logically means better quality distance work not a larger truck. :unamused:

While it’s no mystery what this advert is all about and it ain’t doing 6 drops per hour with an artic.But it is about doing 6 drops per hour and they are prepared to pay artic money for driving a four wheeler to get it.Less work bs.

Carryfast:

DCPCFML:
Carryfast have you actually driven a truck? I read your waffling posts and you seem to have a habit of writing a lot without actually saying anything, as if you are blagging it and hoping that the readers don’t twig.

Please list all the jobs you’ve done and trucks you’ve driven.

The answer to your question is contained in all the posts that you’ve said that you’ve supposedly read but which supposedly don’t say anything.

Unlike you I’ve obviously driven enough trucks to know all about desperate employers paying class 1 agency rates to get equally desperate drivers for zb class 3, or even 7.5 tonner and van, work.

Did any of them have pneumatic tyres or a steel, rather than wooden cab?

Carryfast:

LazyDriver:

Carryfast:
The ad wasn’t clear that it’s agency ?.
apologies, i couldn’t get the whole screen in when I screenshot it. I did however type below the picture it was an agency
So a typical class ‘2’ ( more like 3 in real money ) agency job in which case that makes the one drop every 10 minutes more likely not less.
Oh and the class 1 isn’t a typo it means that the employer is so desperate that they are happy to pay class 1 rates for a class 3 job.Hence 16 quid per hour to drive a four wheeler.Just confirms everything I’ve said.As for ‘poor’ drivers financially you mean.
No, I was referring to their standard of driving, but didn’t think I could use the word ‘[zb]’

Let’s get this right the employer is prepared to pay 16 quid per hour + the agency mark up, for class 3 work because they want ‘zb’ drivers.Yeah right.
As opposed to such employers desperately trying to fill a zb class 3 multi drop job with any down on his luck class 1 driver they can find, who’s been lumbered with such garbage on a revolving basis, because the elites think that they are too good for it and to take their fair share of it.
Also being prepared to pay silly class 1 money to do it.
They don’t want class 1 drivers let alone pay over the odds for them when all they need is a 4 wheeler driver.
What they actually want is to circumvent the problem of too many drivers getting their class 1 to purposely avoid this type of zb.So they try to dress it up as a class 1 job but they can’t hide the nature of the work which gives away the whole scam.
Then the face fits elite winners in the resulting lottery try to blame the losers by saying they are zb drivers.When in many cases they are probably better but just not as lucky.While it’s obvious that only those with the experience of being on the losing side in that lottery would know it.
Which can only get worse as distance work is continuously reduced increasingly leaving just the local distribution sectors among other short haul dross even affecting previous trunking type work.Good luck with that. :imp:

Oh Geoffrey, my dear fellow, you won your own lottery. You got to be a garbologist, Luke can’t put that on his resume. Or are you claiming you only got the short runs?
I think Luke’s a bit jealous and bitter, his face didn’t fit the world of garbology.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Simply saying it is not and never has been beneath me personally. People obsessed with driving artics are generally the ones with very fragile egos.

Yeah right next you’ll be saying that you actually hated all those international artic runs you’d have much preferred to drive a 7.5 tonner for UPS on C and D multi drop or just stay with any agency driving a hiab or scaffold wagon.It’s supposedly all about choices right and deffo no shortage of those jobs.
But no surprise your ‘choices’ don’t seem to fit your own bs script.

The clue is in your own wording.It gives away your whole hypocritical viewpoint.
Working in the lower dregs of the industry is not ‘beneath’ anyone.
The actual word is ‘behind’ them or should be assuming they’ve done their fair share of it.
As I said a face fits lottery based on favouritism added to by the hypocrisy of the winners blaming the losers in it for it.
Oh and 6 drops per hour would obviously be worse with an artic than a four wheeler.
It’s all about the amount of drops and where not the bleedin truck and you know it.
Bearing in mind your idea of multi drop and a supposed laughable preference for driving a rigid was driving an artic doing two drops 600 miles apart on international.
While more or less the best job I ever did was driving a 16 tonner on UK distance bulk pallet work on agency.
Which the agency then translated as let’s get him back on local building and retail deliveries quick.
I never drove an artic once on agency so the chance for you to ditch artics and stay on ‘rigids’ , including 7.5 tonners was there, ‘if’ you’d really have preferred that type of zb work.Yeah right who are you trying to fool.

Star down under.:
I think Luke’s a bit jealous and bitter, his face didn’t fit the world of garbology.

Bugger, I’ve been found out

Harry Monk:

WheelsofCardiff:
3 hours assessment .Too much

I won’t do any job which requires an assessment of any duration, paid or unpaid. I can’t drive naturally and properly if I feel like I am under examination so there’s no point. In any event I get the distinct impression that the average “assessment” is not so much about driving as about the assessor, who is invariably the company’s Numero Uno brown-noser assessing how far you will be willing to bend over and take it without lube for the Traffic Office if you get the job, which in my case is “not very far”. :wink:

Thats exactly correct.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Yeah right next you’ll be saying that you actually hated all those international artic runs you’d have much preferred to drive a 7.5 tonner for UPS on C and D multi drop or just stay with any agency driving a hiab or scaffold wagon.It’s supposedly all about choices right and deffo no shortage of those jobs.

The clue is in your own wording.It gives away your whole hypocritical viewpoint.
The actual word is ‘behind’ them or should be assuming they’ve done their fair share of it.
As I said a face fits lottery based on favouritism added to by the hypocrisy of the winners blaming the losers in it for it.
Oh and 6 drops per hour would obviously be worse with an artic than a four wheeler.
It’s all about the amount of drops and where not the bleedin truck and you know it.
Bearing in mind your idea of multi drop and a supposed laughable preference for driving a rigid was driving an artic doing two drops 600 miles apart on international.
While more or less the best job I ever did was driving a 16 tonner on UK distance bulk pallet work on agency.
Which the agency then translated as let’s get him back on local building and retail deliveries quick.
I never drove an artic once on agency so the chance for you to ditch artics and stay on ‘rigids’ , including 7.5 tonners was there, ‘if’ you’d really have preferred that type of zb work.Yeah right who are you trying to fool.

Not entirely sure how many times I have to tell you about the very wide variety of work I’ve done, and enjoyed it all. Unlike you, on both counts.

Carryfast:

Maybe you’ll get it in the end. I’ve only pointed out directly to you now 3 times that’s not remotely what I said. Are you just intentionally stupid or are you actually that thick? I’d explain in minute detail what I meant for a fourth time but you seem too stupid to understand it so I’ll save us all the bother…

Also just to ask- where did I state a preference for driving a rigid exactly? Its simply that unlike you my ego doesn’t rely on the size of truck I drive. I’ll drive whatever I’m asked to drive, simple concept

Best not get into an experice ■■■■■■■ contest again old fruit as we all know me and the vast majority of this forum ■■■■ all over you when it comes to experience

noc:

Harry Monk:

WheelsofCardiff:

I won’t do any job which requires an assessment of any duration, paid or unpaid. I can’t drive naturally and properly if I feel like I am under examination so there’s no point. In any event I get the distinct impression that the average “assessment” is not so much about driving as about the assessor, who is invariably the company’s Numero Uno brown-noser assessing how far you will be willing to bend over and take it without lube for the Traffic Office if you get the job, which in my case is “not very far”. :wink:

Thats exactly correct.

More like at that point they know the driver is too desperate to ask the question is this a class 1 job.Or class 3 in old money.Assuming the latter why are you calling for class 1 drivers paying class 1 money.Oh and is it a typo in the ad is it 6 drops in a shift or 6 drops in an hour.Assuming the latter that seems like a lot with an artic.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Not entirely sure how many times I have to tell you about the very wide variety of work I’ve done, and enjoyed it all. Unlike you, on both counts.

Carryfast:

Maybe you’ll get it in the end. I’ve only pointed out directly to you now 3 times that’s not remotely what I said. Are you just intentionally stupid or are you actually that thick? I’d explain in minute detail what I meant for a fourth time but you seem too stupid to understand it so I’ll save us all the bother…

Also just to ask- where did I state a preference for driving a rigid exactly? Its simply that unlike you my ego doesn’t rely on the size of truck I drive. I’ll drive whatever I’m asked to drive, simple concept

Best not get into an experice ■■■■■■■ contest again old fruit as we all know me and the vast majority of this forum ■■■■ all over you when it comes to experience

Which part of, more or less the best job I ever did driving anything was driving a four wheeler on agency and the 7.5 tonner work I started out on wasn’t bad either, didn’t you understand.Certainly way better than driving an artic to a hub and having to handball its load on and off it.

Wide variety of work much of which… was driving an artic on international with 600 miles between a couple of drops when you weren’t doing UPS line haul trailer swaps.All because your face fitted.To the point where putting one off the road was a bonus for your career.

You’re the one who used the word ‘beneath’ and now you’re playing the ‘experience’ card again.Yep fully experienced in ditching a truck I can’t match that in my whole career and don’t even want to try.It’s clear enough who views what as ‘beneath’ them and who got the lucky breaks to go with the ego trip and it clearly wasn’t me.

Carryfast:
Wide variety of work much of which… was driving an artic on international with 600 miles between a couple of drops

And still you persist with the lie…

Carryfast:
[All because your face fitted.To the point where putting one off the road was a bonus for your career.

Yeah but it’s all luck isn’t it? So don’t hate me for something that’s all luck, that I had no control over. It was luck. All luck. Luck of the draw. Luck. #Luck

Carryfast:
now you’re playing the ‘experience’ card again.Yep fully experienced in ditching a truck I can’t match that in my whole career and don’t even want to try.

I love how much this gets to you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just finished live-streaming Euro Truck Simulator on my YouTube channel. Maybe you should try Euro Truck Sim, would at least give you a taste of a decent career

youtu.be/-mnA94h9cbs

4B87D55B-B1D0-45CF-B1E3-BB927D7ECAE5.jpeg

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
Wide variety of work much of which… was driving an artic on international with 600 miles between a couple of drops

Fair enough 10 drops last one 600 miles from the first one.
Not exactly going to match the 6 drops per hour requirement.
Let alone heaving scaffolding and shuttering around a building site and yard and on and off a wagon a few times a day.

Carryfast:
Yeah right next you’ll be saying that you actually hated all those international artic runs you’d have much preferred to drive a 7.5 tonner for UPS on C and D multi drop .

Can’t say I realised UPS did Multidrop parcels in busses…

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Let alone heaving scaffolding and shuttering around a building site and yard and on and off a wagon a few times a day.

So why do you lie so constantly then? The fact you lie so much means so few people take you seriously on here. And it’s a great shame, you basically firebombed your own reputation. You could be so much better without that massive chip on your shoulder. Seems being at the brunt of bad luck once made you give up on ever having a useful successful life, so instead you spend your days spouting b/s and lies on here. It’s never too late, you’re not that old.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

So why do you lie so constantly then? The fact you lie so much means so few people take you seriously on here. And it’s a great shame, you basically firebombed your own reputation. You could be so much better without that massive chip on your shoulder. Seems being at the brunt of bad luck once made you give up on ever having a useful successful life, so instead you spend your days spouting b/s and lies on here. It’s never too late, you’re not that old.

You know that’s just a cliché. Too late, too idle, too miserable, absolutely negative.

Nope, anything is possible with a bit of willpower. But as we all know willpower isn’t something he has any of

I thought Will Power was a race car driver in the Indy series. :laughing:

Has anyone here got the faintest clue what Geoffrey Carryfast is babbling on about? He writes in Yoda speak and the only bits my eyes see are “600 miles between drops”, “UPS” and “class 3”. The latter of which hasn’t existed for, what, 30 years? Also he seems to completely lose his mind at the mere mention of the term “handball”. Has he even driven a truck? Across the entire spectrum of the industry I’d say that 70% of the jobs involve some degree of product handball, even if it’s only with a pallet truck.

WheelsofCardiff:

Aldi do 2 or 3 day assestment.Driving,recersing from both side,liading,unliading.

I Reckon the 6 drops an hour is A Typo. But at least it gives Carryfast A chance to moan about Class “3” bottom of the Rung work.

Thing is if a job is heavy on the handball side it usually pays quite well to compensate and the hours aren’t usually stupid meaning you get a decent finish time mostly. This can appeal to People who want a decent wage and don’t mind a bit of graft. But if you only want distance work with minimum hand ball you’ll never like it.

Its Horses for Courses with driving ,one size doesn’t fit all. But that won’t stop Carryfast having a moan.

Same with most things in life, its finding your niche, granted its not always easy. But worth a try or at least learn a few “funny handshakes” :wink: