A job to die for (or in...)

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
For some ( plenty ) who’s face doesn’t fit

Another question you never have the answer to is how do people like me join this hallowed club? Because I sure as hell don’t know

Are you seriously suggesting that the answer to Rob’s question isn’t that some/many just don’t have the option or the choices to turn down such zb work.

Nope, I asked you a question, that’s why it started with ‘another question’and used a question Mark. I just want to know how this select group of drivers you have created are chosen? And why were they chosen?

Carryfast:

LazyDriver:
In fairness, i think the ‘6 drops an hour’ may be a typo. Probably ‘a day’. The whole ad was littered with them. Such as, the title was for class 1 drivers, but in the ‘required section’ it stated you need a class 2 licence.
My guess is the desk jockey that wrote the ad just isn’t very good. So, that plays in to what Rob said, a poor agency advertising for poor drivers to fill a poor job! A marriage made in heaven.

The ad wasn’t clear that it’s agency ?.
apologies, i couldn’t get the whole screen in when I screenshot it. I did however type below the picture it was an agency
So a typical class ‘2’ ( more like 3 in real money ) agency job in which case that makes the one drop every 10 minutes more likely not less.
Oh and the class 1 isn’t a typo it means that the employer is so desperate that they are happy to pay class 1 rates for a class 3 job.Hence 16 quid per hour to drive a four wheeler.Just confirms everything I’ve said.As for ‘poor’ drivers financially you mean.
No, I was referring to their standard of driving, but didn’t think I could use the word ‘■■■■’
I wouldn’t have the cheek to comment on anyone’s financial status, apologies agsin if that was taken incorrectly and caused offence
There but for the grace goes everyone.Great job today Jobcentre tomorrow and their books will be full of those type of jobs take it or leave it and with the latter goes the UC. :bulb: :wink:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
For some ( plenty ) who’s face doesn’t fit

Another question you never have the answer to is how do people like me join this hallowed club? Because I sure as hell don’t know

Are you seriously suggesting that the answer to Rob’s question isn’t that some/many just don’t have the option or the choices to turn down such zb work.

Nope, I asked you a question, that’s why it started with ‘another question’and used a question Mark. I just want to know how this select group of drivers you have created are chosen? And why were they chosen?

How many times do I need to answer your pathetic questions.
A class 1 driver doesn’t end up on that type of work because they choose to.
Let alone an older class 1 driver who’s been in the job longer than a younger upstart and then gets leap frogged because of the combination of wrong place at the wrong time and an industry based on thinly veiled nepotism and favouritism.
Including trampers etc who want to hog too much of a good thing.To the point where they choose to break up their marriages rather than take their fair share of the zb work which at least gets them home every day. :unamused:

While I’m still waiting for an answer to my questions.

LazyDriver:

Carryfast:
The ad wasn’t clear that it’s agency ?.
apologies, i couldn’t get the whole screen in when I screenshot it. I did however type below the picture it was an agency
So a typical class ‘2’ ( more like 3 in real money ) agency job in which case that makes the one drop every 10 minutes more likely not less.
Oh and the class 1 isn’t a typo it means that the employer is so desperate that they are happy to pay class 1 rates for a class 3 job.Hence 16 quid per hour to drive a four wheeler.Just confirms everything I’ve said.As for ‘poor’ drivers financially you mean.
No, I was referring to their standard of driving, but didn’t think I could use the word ‘[zb]’

Let’s get this right the employer is prepared to pay 16 quid per hour + the agency mark up, for class 3 work because they want ‘zb’ drivers.Yeah right.
As opposed to such employers desperately trying to fill a zb class 3 multi drop job with any down on his luck class 1 driver they can find, who’s been lumbered with such garbage on a revolving basis, because the elites think that they are too good for it and to take their fair share of it.
Also being prepared to pay silly class 1 money to do it.
They don’t want class 1 drivers let alone pay over the odds for them when all they need is a 4 wheeler driver.
What they actually want is to circumvent the problem of too many drivers getting their class 1 to purposely avoid this type of zb.So they try to dress it up as a class 1 job but they can’t hide the nature of the work which gives away the whole scam.
Then the face fits elite winners in the resulting lottery try to blame the losers by saying they are zb drivers.When in many cases they are probably better but just not as lucky.While it’s obvious that only those with the experience of being on the losing side in that lottery would know it.
Which can only get worse as distance work is continuously reduced increasingly leaving just the local distribution sectors among other short haul dross even affecting previous trunking type work.Good luck with that. :imp:

Carryfast have you actually driven a truck? I read your waffling posts and you seem to have a habit of writing a lot without actually saying anything, as if you are blagging it and hoping that the readers don’t twig.

Please list all the jobs you’ve done and trucks you’ve driven.

DCPCFML:
Carryfast have you actually driven a truck? I read your waffling posts and you seem to have a habit of writing a lot without actually saying anything, as if you are blagging it and hoping that the readers don’t twig.

have you seen the tic toc and instagram videos with the "Oh no , oh no, oh no no no no no " soundtrack ? Your going to wish you’d never typed those words . lol

Prepare yourself for a 10 page lecture on a - frame wagon&drags and handballing parcels off a trailer :grimacing: cheers Ray

Carryfast:
Let alone an older class 1 driver who’s been in the job longer than a younger upstart and then gets leap frogged because of the combination of wrong place at the wrong time and an industry based on thinly veiled nepotism and favouritism.
Including trampers etc who want to hog too much of a good thing.To the point where they choose to break up their marriages rather than take their fair share of the zb work which at least gets them home every day. :unamused:

Except you never have answered and didn’t there.how are people chosen for this great industry blessing? You aren’t very good at answering questions. Ever. When you do, people might answer yours. Radical concept I know (plus I don’t actually know what you specifically asked)

DCPCFML:

The answer to your question is contained in all the posts that you’ve said that you’ve supposedly read but which supposedly don’t say anything.

Unlike you I’ve obviously driven enough trucks to know all about desperate employers paying class 1 agency rates to get equally desperate drivers for zb class 3, or even 7.5 tonner and van, work.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Except you never have answered and didn’t there.how are people chosen for this great industry blessing? You aren’t very good at answering questions. Ever. When you do, people might answer yours. Radical concept I know (plus I don’t actually know what you specifically asked)

Here’s a clue no class 1 driver with any sense is going to take on a class 3 job calling for 6 drops per hour by choice.What would be the point of getting the class 1 licence in that case.
Which part of, allocation of jobs in this industry is based on a lottery of at worse face fits favouritism and at best luck, didn’t you understand.
Which can only get much worse as distance work is continuously eroded leaving just the distribution etc type dregs.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Here’s a clue no class 1 driver with any sense is going to take on a class 3 job calling for 6 drops per hour by choice.What would be the point of getting the class 1 licence in that case.
Which part of, allocation of jobs in this industry is based on a lottery of at worse face fits favouritism and at best luck, didn’t you understand.
Which can only get much worse as distance work is continuously eroded leaving just the distribution etc type dregs.

But yes this face fits lottery, I’m simply asking why my face fitted and yours didn’t? Fairly basic question. So do you think it’s ALL down to sheer luck? If so that’s a fairly naive opinion. As I’ve pointed out before you just attach what you think on to other people and plenty of us don’t have such fragile egos that driving rigids is beneath us. Dont go down the ‘you’ve no experience of xxxxxx’ to try and dismiss me. We know how that always ends

Also Class 1, 2, 3 etc haven’t been used since before I was a driver and that long ago they may have gone over to C1, C, C&E etc when you were still driving, back in the mists of time

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

But yes this face fits lottery, I’m simply asking why my face fitted and yours didn’t? Fairly basic question. So do you think it’s ALL down to sheer luck? If so that’s a fairly naive opinion. As I’ve pointed out before you just attach what you think on to other people and plenty of us don’t have such fragile egos that driving rigids is beneath us. Dont go down the ‘you’ve no experience of xxxxxx’ to try and dismiss me. We know how that always ends

Also Class 1, 2, 3 etc haven’t been used since before I was a driver and that long ago they may have gone over to C1, C, C&E etc when you were still driving, back in the mists of time

I’m obviously deliberately using the old class 3 because then just like now it often related/s to a ‘certain’ type of work.
You know like local 6 drops per hour zb.
As for driving rigids being beneath anyone who are you trying to fool.
It’s the type of work that’s the issue and no one gets a class 1 licence to drive a van/7.5 tonner/18 tonner on local multi drop zb and you of all people know it.
The advert is clearly a desperate attempt to get class 1 drivers to take on zb class 3 multi drop work and being prepared to pay the rate for it.6 drops per hour with an artic yeah right.

As for the question why did your face fit obviously there has to be winners for their to be losers in the stinking charade.

Carryfast:

DCPCFML:

The answer to your question is contained in all the posts that you’ve said that you’ve supposedly read but which supposedly don’t say anything.

Unlike you I’ve obviously driven enough trucks to know all about desperate employers paying class 1 agency rates to get equally desperate drivers for zb class 3, or even 7.5 tonner and van, work.

Please leave out the unnecessary waffle and just list them. I don’t recall reading any post from you about driving UK trucks. All your posts ramble on about double drive american trucks and australian road trains with endless arguments about A frames.

Please list your history of driving UK, European trucks. A simple bullet point list will suffice.

I’d guess it’s simply an ad written by a ‘pointy-shoes’ with a degree in ‘Fine Arts’ who doesn’t have the sense to read back over what they’ve written before posting…

On the assumption that it does really mean 6 drops per day, rather than per hour??

Carryfast:

Simply saying it is not and never has been beneath me personally. People obsessed with driving artics are generally the ones with very fragile egos.

Carryfast:

So that’s your big theory is it? Luck? A big transport conspiracy to keep likes of you down and give the likes of me everything I want is based entirely on…luck.

Read that back and consider how comical it sounds. I sort of expected a bit more from you than that lame theory. Far from UPS f***** up your back, I think it’s more likely that enormous chip on your shoulder

Carryfast:
As for the question why did your face fit obviously there has to be winners for their to be losers in the stinking charade.

But finding out you think it’s all just luck of the draw is incredibly feeble reason

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Simply saying it is not and never has been beneath me personally. People obsessed with driving artics are generally the ones with very fragile egos.

I don’t feel the need to validate the size of my ■■■■■ by driving an artic (it’s large enough to fill a pram incidentally) and I really can’t understand the mindset that looks down on “lesser” vehicles. Truth be out if the money matched I’d be happier driving a Renault Kangoo than a bleedin artic!

the maoster:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

I don’t feel the need to validate the size of my ■■■■■ by driving an artic (it’s large enough to fill a pram incidentally) and I really can’t understand the mindset that looks down on “lesser” vehicles. Truth be out if the money matched I’d be happier driving a Renault Kangoo than a bleedin artic!

When on agency I preferred rigids as they meant less work in long run

the maoster:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

You might want to rephrase that bit

DCPCFML:

Carryfast:

Please leave out the unnecessary waffle and just list them. I don’t recall reading any post from you about driving UK trucks. All your posts ramble on about double drive american trucks and australian road trains with endless arguments about A frames.

Please list your history of driving UK, European trucks. A simple bullet point list will suffice.

It’ll probably rightly get busted for off topic random crap but as you seem to have selective literacy issues here goes.

You might like to start with my user name which covered my last 15 years in the job everything from DAF 2300/2800/95/85, Scania 112, Merc 1628 Volvo FL10 etc etc artics to DAF 2300 ATI close coupled and Merc 2534 A frame drawbars. :unamused:

It’s also no secret that I was a works driver for a large fire truck manufacturer from 7.5 tonne D series hauling components to test driving/delivering/collecting up to 38 tonner 6 wheelers.

Also drove numerous types as a County Council driver from AEC Matador to Leyland Clydesdale multilift Flat/Tipper/Bulker/Tanker to 6 wheeler Atkinson and Foden S85 Gritters among numerous others varying from Leyland WF/FG to Bedford TJ/TK/R type dropside flats/tippers/gritters.

Not to mention having the pleasure of driving a 16 tonner Hiab wagon on building deliveries for Hall and Co and a 12 tonner Scaffold wagon among other zb work on agency during a short temporary layoff from Carryfast.In addition to a few months doing local and distance uk general haulage with a Marathon and Volvo F10 artic tilts and flats after telling the agency to do one because of the exact type of issues which I’ve raised here ( Zb class 3 if that work for class 1 drivers ).

Maybe you’ll even read it all this time.