Job No:SOM/42243
Wage£155 Per Day
Hours6 DAYS A WEEK
LocationSOUTHAMPTON SO40
DurationTemporary
Date posted18 June 2010
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
HGV Drivers required either American National,Western ExPat current licensed for heavy mobile equipment truck drivers. 72 hours work week. 6 day working week 12 hours per day. Pay is 155 pounds per day. Travel tofrom Kuwait, sponsorship work visas, uniform, transportation to and from worksite, meals and housing is provided. Drivers. required to work from 15 Jul 2010 to 30 Nov 2010 with options on a monthly basis through 28 Feb 2011. Please quote MILD1. Drivers required to work from 15 Jul to 30 Sept 2010 with options on a monthly basis through to 28 February 2011. Please quote when applying MILD2. Place of work: Camp Arifjan and Kuwait.Naval Base KNB, Kuwait. Candidates must apply in writing and enclose CV, copy of their heavy goods vehicle driving licence Class 1 and copy of current passport.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Human Resources at Millbrook Furnishing Industries Ltd, careers@millbrookindustries.co.uk.
Employer
Millbrook Furnishing Industries Ltd
Printer friendly Additional information
If you are looking for work, Tax Credits could top up your earnings
This vacancy meets the requirements of the National Minimum Wage Act
If you are unable to apply for the job advertised by the method

i quite fancy it but i dont like nights out :laughing:

I did some research and discovered that…

Alcohol, pork products, and ■■■■■■■■■■■ are illegal in Kuwait

So that’s me stuffed then! :wink:

Good God i would want more than £155 per day for that

Don’t be too hasty to reject it, accomodation and meals are included, thats got to add another £30 per day, so don’t drink, don’t waste your money on other unneccesary luxeries, and it’s not a bad way to make some money.

truckerjon:
Don’t be too hasty to reject it, accomodation and meals are included, thats got to add another £30 per day, so don’t drink, don’t waste your money on other unneccesary luxeries, and it’s not a bad way to make some money.

I know a company that pays £120 to £140 for just trunking into Tesco RDC’s , yes long hours … but at least your not gonna get head jobbed,

£155 for that ■■■■■, would want £250 per day to even consider it

rockape2620:
I know a company that pays £120 to £140 for just trunking into Tesco RDC’s , yes long hours … but at least your not gonna get head jobbed,

£155 for that ■■■■■, would want £250 per day to even consider it

but wouldn’t that tesco trunking be 120 before tax? job in kuwait would be tax free so nearer to 250 before tax

hello big?,i did that work 8 years ago working for US company for 9 months and we got paid NOT £155 a day or whatever! we got paid £73545.23 tax free for 6 months.it was a bad gettin up every mornin thinking you not going to make it back to the yard…ie snipers [zb] shootin your head off!!! i was workin on behalf of h/burtons a big us construction compny and we drove water tankers from the base to supply our allied forces and usa(tossers) also pulling aggregates and fuel…the big probs we had was US friendly fire AT CHECKPOINTS after theY had been on the ■■■■ all night.there is a calm at the moment from supply chain and all the mercenaries drivers from all over the world are not needed due to STABILITY IN THE AREA so they give the recruitment to tempstaff or what ever [zb] agency. get them poles to go out there and i reckon they will do a great [zb] job…at least the i might be able to speak to a brit at a RDC whos just got there job back.

Harry Monk:
I did some research and discovered that…

Alcohol, pork products, and ■■■■■■■■■■■ are illegal in Kuwait

So that’s me stuffed then! :wink:

when we visited there in 1992 (only the second warship since the war in 91) they laid on a massive garden party for the whole ships company of about 250 and i have never seen so much beer in all my life, as soon as it started running out they just backed another transit sized fridge motor in and topped the bar up again. plus there was pork pies and gammon at the party but it was on a seperate table and had been prepared by our own chefs off the ship.

hi im new to this does anyone no where id find a job like that thanks

Irishtrucker if you want a job like that. Big ■■■■ has just put up where to apply?? so apply!

Not sure if they still do it but in the 80’s (when i used to do some spare time temping) a very popular electronics company that were based in Bracknell would do a ‘roadshow’ for about 3 months of the year… big fancy trailer that extended in length,width etc etc full of their latest gadgets…like a mobile Curry’s (others available)!! All that was required was for u to drive the truck to the designated sites which were normally big HQ’s of big companies, set the trailer up in the morning (training given as it was worth about 1 mill) and stand on the steps doing the old meet n greet thing. U could sleep in the cab if u wanted (Topline that was fitted out with ALL the goodies) or go to the hotel at companies expence. This paid £120/day with £80/night expences…all after tax…would get the odd w’end off so you’d just come home in the unit. Because of a full time job i couldn’t take it but (when i was there) they got a student who had not long passed his test on it doing it every year as most tax dodgers get the summer off…ideal for them…and that was all the work he did all year!! At the time i heard he’d banked around 18k at the end of the stint which was ■■■■ good for the time. Got another story about said company but i’ll keep that till another time!!

Kuwait is pretty safe isnt it or do you go across the border to iraq.

Hi,

I’ve just returned from this job in Kuwait. I had to come back on medical grounds; I’m taking a variety of prescribed medication and the heat basically interfered with them. I took the precaution of having a medical beforehand and my GP pronounced me fit. Anyway, I digress…

There are approximately 40 British drivers out there. Most of them are cracking lads although there are one or two that are complete knobs (but you get that with any job)! The accommodation was provided free of charge and we were housed in two apartment blocks. Each apartment was fully air conditioned and consisted of three bedrooms (only one had an ensuite bathroom but the remaining two had their own bathrooms elsewhere within the apartment); a kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave, hob, oven and kettle; a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board; a living room with satellite TV, DVD player, internet connection and three piece suite; and a balcony. There was also a swimming pool outside, a maids’ service 2-3 times per week and the company’s Welfare Officer lived on site too.

Transport was provided to and from Camp Arifjan in two minibuses. On your day off or after work, you could get the minibus drivers to take you to one of the supermarkets or shopping malls. All transport was also provided free of charge.

All you really have to pay for is your food; me and the two lads, who I was housed with, chipped in together to buy the food and necessary bits and pieces for the apartment. We filled two shopping trollies at the Sultan Centre in Mangaff, it cost us 50 KD (£120.00 or thereabouts) and the food lasted nearly 2 weeks. However, you have to provide for yourself for approximately 4-5 weeks before you get paid as it takes anything up to 14 days to get ‘badged’ (US Military ID Card). Once you’re ‘badged’ you have to work a further 2-3 weeks before pay day, it all depends on when the next pay day falls. The company says that you need to take at least £50-£60 per week, I wouldn’t go with less than £100 per week as Kuwait is quite expensive. When I actually got paid, the pay was better than what the company had initially stated. The company said I would be taking home around £830.00 per week, I actually took home £920.00 per week.

I’ll have to leave it there for now, the wife wants to go shopping… No doubt I’ll add some more about the job and other things at a later stage!

Bob

lumpygreenpoo:
Hi,

I’ve just returned from this job in Kuwait. I had to come back on medical grounds; I’m taking a variety of prescribed medication and the heat basically interfered with them. I took the precaution of having a medical beforehand and my GP pronounced me fit. Anyway, I digress…

There are approximately 40 British drivers out there. Most of them are cracking lads although there are one or two that are complete knobs (but you get that with any job)! The accommodation was provided free of charge and we were housed in two apartment blocks. Each apartment was full air conditioned and consisted of three bedrooms (only one had an ensuite bathroom but the remaining two had their own bathrooms elsewhere within the apartment); a kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave, hob, oven and kettle; a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board; a living room with satellite TV, DVD player, internet connection and three piece suite; and a balcony. There was also a swimming pool outside, a maids’ service 2-3 times per week and the company’s Welfare Officer lived on site too.

Transport was provided to and from Camp Arifjan in two minibuses. On your day off or after work, you could get the minibus drivers to take you to one of the supermarkets or shopping malls. All transport was also provided free of charge.

All you really have to pay for is your food; me and the two lads, who I was housed with, chipped in together to buy the food and necessary bits and pieces for the apartment. We filled two shopping trollies at the Sultan Centre in Mangaff, it cost us 50 KD (£120.00 or thereabouts) and the food lasted nearly 2 weeks. However, you have to provide for yourself for approximately 4-5 weeks before you get paid as it takes anything up to 14 days to get ‘badged’ (US Military ID Card). Once you’re ‘badged’ you have to work a further 2-3 weeks before pay day, it all depends on when the next pay day falls. The company says that you need to take at least £50-£60 per week, I wouldn’t go with less than £100 per week as Kuwait is quite expensive. When I actually got paid, the pay was better than what the company had initially stated. The company said I would be taking home around £830.00 per week, I actually took home £920.00 per week.

I’ll have to leave it there for now, the wife wants to go shopping… No doubt I’ll add some more about the job and other things at a later stage!

Bob

Interesting username. :confused: :confused:

Yeah, his mates just call him ■■■.

Interesting History.

24 hours to fully repaint the QE2

Delete messageQuote messageRe: a job for a real trucker
Sent: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:02 pm
To: Blunder Man

Subject: a job for a real trucker

Blunder Man wrote:
Irishtrucker if you want a job like that. Big ■■■■ has just put up where to apply?? so apply!

where is this?
irishtrucker85

Private messageE-mail

Have a guess.