A giggle for you all

Further to my other post (muppet HGV), here’s one for a few of you to take advantage of me & have a smile. Long story, but worth the read :laughing:

Tuesday I went to Southampton docks to buy a couple of imports. Spent most of the day there & met up with a mate of mine that transports them back for me.

By about 4pm, I had got clearance for them & proceeded to drive each one from the compound to the quayside where Gary’s transporter was parked.

Just then the heavens opened with a violent storm, thunder, lightning - the works :unamused:

there we were, 2 of us loading & strapping up cars in T shirt & jeans, absolutely soaked :smiling_imp: & I mean WET through !!

I ran between two buildings & across a metal plate buried in the concrete road, as I did BANG & FLASH, a VERY VERY nasty pain up my right leg & off I wnet tumbling towards the building !!

Gained my composure just as Gary heard me holler & shouted at him to “mind that ***** plate - it’s LIVE” He then let me know it wasn’t the plate,but the lightning had struck near to me & with a puddled road & metal plate combination, I got some of it :unamused: :unamused:

There I sttod in quite severe pain, all the muscles in my right leg locked solid & 165 miles from home !!

Luckily Donna was in the car with me & can drive (very well too), so after watching Gary do all the work, I got a lift in his truck back to my car & we came home.

wednesday i managed to get some work done on the cars, but was hobbling about looking like the hunchback of notre dame :smiley: Of course, it has been a great point of amusement to everybody we know & why should you miss out :smiley: :smiley:

Tonight (Friday) great improvement but still a bit “hobbly” -

I do NOT reccommend it

Bloody hell your lucky to be alive.

That is one of your 9 lives gone there.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehheheheh.

Surley you didn’t expect sympathy :laughing::shock:.

Does 50000volts work better than ■■■■■■ :open_mouth: just a thought :blush: maybe i should keep my thoughts to myself, or should Donna comfirm you are electrafying or frying :laughing:

eddie snax:
Does 50000volts work better than ■■■■■■ :open_mouth: just a thought :blush: maybe i should keep my thoughts to myself, or should Donna comfirm you are electrafying or frying :laughing:

it worked for the muscles in the leg didnt it! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That’s a ‘Shocking’ story!! Hope you are Ok :slight_smile:

Now then Toytown, nearly struck by lightening, then some muppet in a truck tries to kill you…don’t you think somebodys trying to tell you something :open_mouth:

Does 50000volts work better than ■■■■■■ Shocked just a thought Embarassed maybe i should keep my thoughts to myself, or should Donna comfirm you are electrafying or frying

Lotsa volts works fine, but me leg had seized up so no chance of Donna getting any benefit :laughing: :laughing:

sympathy

I might have a fried brain, but I’m not stupid enough to post here & expect any sympathy. :open_mouth:

Now then Toytown, nearly struck by lightening, then some muppet in a truck tries to kill you…don’t you think somebodys trying to tell you something

Well it was the other way round, but I survived both. Does that tell you something :wink:

Hope the cars were ok !
What sort of cars did you buy? :laughing:

Hope the cars were ok !
What sort of cars did you buy?

Cars were fine :unamused:

Nothing too exciting this trip, a wrx impreza saloon & a Nissan Largo 7 seater. Probably go there again next week to see if anything interesting is around :smiley:

glad your ok :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i remember when i lived in southampton i got a phone call from someone wanting to pick a car from the import centre so i told them they had the wrong number and put phone down…

5 mins later they phoned me back still thinking i was the import center :angry: :angry: so i told them to be in southampton to collect the car by 4 pm as it was all washed and cleaned and ready to be collected. :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

“Revenge will be mine” sayeth the truck driver on the A43! :laughing:

you are one lucky man…considering that one man was killed on the golf course this week having been struck by lightning…only 34 too…but as i said…very very lucky…hope you recover ok

Cheers Truckie :wink:

I am now recovered & ready to go back this week for another dose :laughing: :laughing:

same happened once when my girlfriend who i was living with in southampton was away in australia for 2 months and she was due back next day anyway i get a phonecall from this girl claiming i had met her sat night and had got quite freindly with her …

as it was she had the wrong number it wasnt me but i had a carry on stringing her along :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

she claimed i had a good chat good kiss and cuddle then i went to the toilet and never came back and my name was scott.
so seeing an angle in i carried on pretending i was " scott " giving a bit of chat. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
so in the end i said im sorry ive got to go to work and to phone me back later and then she said i worked in a petrol garage!!!.. so anyway when she went i expected her to phone the right number later… little did i know…
later on watching the bill phone goes :imp: :imp: :imp: ( never phone when the bill’s on ) it’s her again so i chatted for some more but trying to put her off as my girlfriend was due back next morning so i put the phone down again thinking she phone the right number next time… but alas no this time my girlfreind was back from her travels and answered the phone … the girl NEVER phoned back after that and my relationship went steadly downhill from there.

i still cant resist playing around with wrong numbers.

jessicas dad:
same happened once when my girlfriend who i was living with in southampton was away in australia for 2 months and she was due back next day anyway i get a phonecall from this girl claiming i had met her sat night and had got quite freindly with her …

as it was she had the wrong number it wasnt me but i had a carry on stringing her along :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

she claimed i had a good chat good kiss and cuddle then i went to the toilet and never came back and my name was scott.
so seeing an angle in i carried on pretending i was " scott " giving a bit of chat. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
so in the end i said im sorry ive got to go to work and to phone me back later and then she said i worked in a petrol garage!!!.. so anyway when she went i expected her to phone the right number later… little did i know…
later on watching the bill phone goes :imp: :imp: :imp: ( never phone when the bill’s on ) it’s her again so i chatted for some more but trying to put her off as my girlfriend was due back next morning so i put the phone down again thinking she phone the right number next time… but alas no this time my girlfreind was back from her travels and answered the phone … the girl NEVER phoned back after that and my relationship went steadly downhill from there.

i still cant resist playing around with wrong numbers.

Numpty :smiling_imp: .

Years ago, long before mobiles, a female acquaintance of mine regularly went out and got ‘ratted’ and was invariably chatted up.

She NEVER gave anyone her own phone number. She had a ‘duff’ number tattooed into her brain.

She often spoke of phoning the number and asking, “Hi this is …Have there been any messages for me”. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

She NEVER gave anyone her own phone number. She had a ‘duff’ number tattooed into her brain

:laughing: EXCELLENT

Statistically you’re more likely to be struck by lightning that winning the lottery jackpot. (by a long way!) so i guess it must be more common than you’d think. :open_mouth:

Good that you’re ok though, somthing to tell the grandkids! :slight_smile:

Statistically you’re more likely to be struck by lightning that winning the lottery jackpot. (by a long way!) so i guess it must be more common than you’d think

I won tonight :open_mouth:

Not quite the jackpot, got 3 numbers - £10 + Won the bonus ball lottery we run amongst the family - another £54

Small hit - small win

Now if I had taken a direct hit of lightning, would my numbers have won enough for a decent burial :laughing: