A Follow on from Tacho in Taxi's

I reckon the white van man should have them in for domestic regs how often do you see them banging up the motor way night after night used as the last ditched attempt to get that pallet somewhere.

They have some.

octagoninsurance.com/guide/v … n-drivers/

Those outfits? lol no. They wouldn’t even bother putting a card in.

Heard a few years age that Vosa, or whatever they call themselves this week, want “transit” type on tacho. That will soon sort out their financial problems if it happens. I think that it will happen sooner or later.

That’s it f@@@ up another part of the transport system by putting tachos in them.

I hope it does happen in the interests of road safety. There was a driver recently who drove a van all the way from Southern Spain to England without any proper breaks, then was in involved in a fatal collision after falling asleep at the wheel. If introducing tachos can save one life, it has to be worth it.

whelmic:
I hope it does happen in the interests of road safety. There was a driver recently who drove a van all the way from Southern Spain to England without any proper breaks, then was in involved in a fatal collision after falling asleep at the wheel. If introducing tachos can save one life, it has to be worth it.

god almighty… :unamused:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Heard a few years age that Vosa, or whatever they call themselves this week, want “transit” type on tacho. That will soon sort out their financial problems if it happens. I think that it will happen sooner or later.

Only if the EU let them, VOSA dont make the rules, they only enforce them.
Which would be a waste of time anyway, since a driver on domestic hours doesnt need to use a tacho.

We all know many parcel firm white van drivers work all sorts of hours to get the job done.
I had one parcel delivery van at my home a few weeks ago and he said his instructions distinctly said, “No breaks”!

whelmic:

How is a tacho going to stop that?

Radar19:

whelmic:

How is a tacho going to stop that?

It’ll help making sure regs are followed

but if taxi driver pick up people and they said drop as to 70 miles away.but taxi drivers will must taked break after half hours .taxi stp at some parking space and passengers will wait 45 min■■?

Andrejs:
but if taxi driver pick up people and they said drop as to 70 miles away.but taxi drivers will must taked break after half hours .taxi stp at some parking space and passengers will wait 45 min■■?

Same as the rest of us, plan your breaks around your work.

Twoninety88:

Andrejs:

Same as the rest of us, plan your breaks around your work.

taxi drivers don t know what can said passengers drop 5 miles away or 50.second if taxi drivers drivers simply car for 12 or 15 hours.after he must taked break from work.but he jump to another own car and care on drive to somewhere for couple hours for privat reason.he not sleep .he same -for taxi drivers but don t have good rest.same now some trampers drivers do 15 hours shift and after every Friday he go home and some drivers must drive car for 3 hours.legaly but not safety.rulles must be but another .

I think push bikes should have them fitted as well…i mean the rider may have done a 15 hour shift, and decide to ride erratically…like up the inside of a truck turning left,or jump a red light, lets have clear and concise regulations for all of us ha ha
I did read somewhere once that those in charge were thinking of some kind of legislation for mr white van man, maybe one day, maybe not.

truckyboy:
I did read somewhere once that those in charge were thinking of some kind of legislation for mr white van man, maybe one day, maybe not.

already is its call domestic rules but almost impossible to regulate