A few quick questions

Hi just a few quickies:

1. If I have a digital tacho do I have to carry written records as well?

2. What is the maximum duty time I can do in a week? I thought it was 60 hours but have been told by a few people that I can work for 60 but actually be at work for more as breaks and poa don’t count, so what is the maximum? cheers

Harlow_wannabe:
Hi just a few quickies:

1. If I have a digital tacho do I have to carry written records as well?

You have to have tacho records covering 29 days with you if stopped, the current day + previous 28 days. This might be all on the digi card if that is all you have used during the period but it may be a mixture of digi card, tacho charts and any printouts you made to correct something. If you have only driven digi and not had to make any printouts, there is no need for a printout under normal circumstances, then just the card is fine.

1. What is the maximum duty time I can do in a week? I thought it was 60 hours but have been told by a few people that I can work for 60 but actually be at work for more as breaks and poa don’t count, so what is the maximum? cheers
    [/quote]
    The maximum is only that imposed by the amount of hours in a week, which actually works out to about 99 hours by the time rest periods have been taken into account. The 60 hour limit for the WTD is just driving and other work and does not include breaks or POA so you can be at work for more than 60 hours in a week if you wish.

cheers, was just wondering if I was meant to be taking copies of my weekly sheets out with me as well for them to check against my digi card. And thanks for clearing up the hours thing, someone told me I could only be at work for 80 hours so this is wrong and I can actually be there for as long as time allows with the daily rests. Cheers for that, feel much better about it all now! I’ll get there eventually, so much to learn in this ■■■■ industry lol :cry:

No need to take copies of your sheets with you for them to check, if they want to do that they will visit your employer. The only at work for 80 hours thing was wrong and you can be at work for as many hours you can squeeze into the week if you want to be provided you have the correct daily and weekly rest periods and don’t exceed 60 hours driving and other work.