A few questions

A few days ago I went for an interview trying to get a job as a class 2 driver.
I got my licence only a few weeks ago, so I wasn’t sure about few questions:

1. When and how do you insert you digital tachograph? ( I’ve never used digi tachograph)
    Does the ignition need to be switched on?
    Do you insert it with the chip up or down, I suspect it has to be with the arrow pointing towards the unit?
  2. Where aren’t you allowed to park your lorry: ( I had to chose 3 answers out of 6, and I wasn’t sure about these below)
    a) on a 40mph road?
    b) on double yellow lines? (are you ever allowed to park on double yellow lines)?
    c) where there is no kerb?

Thanks

Chip up and forwards. I kept getting it wrong first couple of times. If it’s the wrong way, it’ll whirr a few times and chuck the card back out saying card error. AFAIK Ignition does need to be on, that’s what I do at least so don’t take my word for it.

As far as the questions go, just the double yellow lines. You’re never allowed to park on them. Everything else I should think is fine.

Thanks DJC

I passed my theory exam with 96 out 100 and my CPC theory test 48 out of 50, but I have to say those questions were diffrent, there were some other ones I wasn’t sure about , but can’t exactly remember them now.

Well, I’m pretty sure you got at least one of the others right, hopefully that’s enough to get in. :slight_smile:

As far as the digi card goes, push it in just further than the resistance and it’ll pull it the rest of the way. After that you’ll see your surname, last withdrawal time/date and starting country.

Hi hkloss, , don’t forget to log your card out (decending bars will show), at the end of your shift.
If your not sure where to park , park somewhere you know you can! There are other places that have parking restrictions other than double yellow lines, there is a list in the back of your highway code book, well worth a look :smiley: I think there’s a tacho simulator somewhere on the forum, I don’t know the link to this, but pergaps somebody else can point you in the right direction, I hope your interview went well for you :smiley:

i know that you do not drive abroad, but for some strange reason in Spain, when you start and stop a shift, you have to enter the county code that you are in, there are many counties there, like Navara,Andulucia,Basque, and so on, and a fine if you get the wrong one or do not enter it.
How they get that passed in EU law?