A few questions i need answered..help appreciated

Hi folks-

I have a few questions regarding some situations i’ve yet to come up against and some which are just curiosities in general. I would be grateful if you could answer the following-

1. Can i do a 12 hr shift?
    i.e Drive for 9 hrs in a day then work for another 3 hrs in that company’s warehouse etc?

2. Let’s say i leave my base at 8am, get to a ferry terminal at 10am and sail for 2 hours arriving at the other port etc at 12-what does the tachograph get set to for the 2 hours sailing?

3. What is a typical example of “split daily rest”?

Cheers :confused:

1. Yes depending on the time of day. If any of your work day touched 00:00 - 04:00 then you are limited to 10 hours. Any other time you can do a 15 hour shift.

So you can do 9 hours driving and 3 hours work as long as you take the required rest (i.e. your 45s).

1. Rest or POA. Its really your call. I’d stick it on rest.

2. At least 3 hours followed by at least 9 hours. I.e. your on a 4 hour ferry crossing, finish your day and do 9 hours rest which would count as a full rest not reduced.

Sockpuppet:

1. Yes depending on the time of day. If any of your work day touched 00:00 - 04:00 then you are limited to 10 hours. Any other time you can do a 15 hour shift.

I thought the 10 hours could be extended by collective agreement?

Cheers Sock…i get it now…many thanks :slight_smile:

Pop Larkin:

Sockpuppet:

I thought the 10 hours could be extended by collective agreement?

You thought right, the employees can collectively agree to extend the 10 hour night rule.