A few pics

Wheel nut,
No I’m clicking,“Replace original”.

Gallowaybull

The guy on the left is a McNeils man stood next to his cab and I think one of the others is too. But I can’t remember where I took it[

]imgA fine body of men[/img]

Near Aksaray south of Ankara 28 Dec 1975

[<a%20href=“Photo Storage”>

Frederici of Switzerland ran these KW’s on middle East.

On my first M/E trip,I was running with Johnny Mudd and Bob Matthews.Just having a meal break here in central Turkey.

Hold up in the Tarsus mountains.

In these early days,it was only a dirt road over the highest part of the Tarsus.

South East Turkey.My old F88 240 still going well.

Parked up at Kiziltepe before going over Mardin,(Centre background),in convoy with an armed soldier in each cab.

Coming down from Mardin into Cizre.

josh:
Gallowaybull

Near Aksaray south of Ankara 28 Dec 1975

[<a%20href=“Photo Storage”>

The same stretch of road about the same time,December 1975!South of Aksaray heading home.Stuck in this queue for 3 days!

Same delays leaving Turkey.

Nearly there!

Unfortunately even after getting this far,some of us don’t make it!

Filling station South of Mosul.

Can’t tell you how hot it was here!

under the shade of some date palms in Baghdad.

Tipping in the Exide battery factory in Baghdad.

Another coincidence then Ian on that Aksaray photo. I got to Iraq border late evening New Year Eve and met up with the elderly (then) French o/d in the photo (which was taken at the old Baghdad customs parking) who opened a vey nice bottle of Calvados and chucked the cap away which has been my favourite short ever since. You and I must have spent a fair bit of time waving to each other going the other way back then!

Customs Park Baghdad 1st Jan 1976

<a%20href=“Photo Storage”>

Blow out near Hof Hof (who said the fronts never blow?)

<a%20href=“Photo Storage”>

keep them coming ian how the bloody hell did you manage to strip tilts in that heat :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

dreva:
keep them coming ian how the bloody hell did you manage to strip tilts in that heat :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Very Slowly!
I was as fit as a butchers dog in those days.It’s a shame we have to get old innit?

bestbooties:

Frederici of Switzerland ran these KW’s on middle East.
How long was that kw parked up? , , its got grass growing on the 5th wheel plate lol

On my first M/E trip,I was running with Johnny Mudd and Bob Matthews.Just having a meal break here in central Turkey.

Hold up in the Tarsus mountains.

In these early days,it was only a dirt road over the highest part of the Tarsus.

South East Turkey.My old F88 240 still going well.

Parked up at Kiziltepe before going over Mardin,(Centre background),in convoy with an armed soldier in each cab.

Coming down from Mardin into Cizre.

Did Friderici send the Fodens as far as Baghdad :wink:

i doubt it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can’t say I ever saw any Fodens on Fredericis.However,there are some pics on Ferdy’s Toprun site on a firm running to Mongolia with Fodens.How’s that for punishment then??

Borrowed from Martin Phippard. Thanks to Hanks

Great pics on here cheers for posting them chaps.

Ian, Very good photo’s, did you ever find time to drive Ha Ha H a, I never hardly took a camera with me, because Terry Taylor ( now deceased), Bill Thomas (77) got arrested in yugo , for taking photo’s of a secret installation, they let them go when they said take the film and develope it. Has you know some of them , was funny buggers. Sandman Norman

Fantastic pictures, never tire of looking at any of them! Those times have sadly gone & will never come back, & sadly the breed of driver that did that work has gone now also, the larger than life characters with more stories to tell than Enid Blyton, to the quiet lets get there & get back type who were happy to blend into the background. But they all had 1 thing in common, they were true professionals, pioneers who could think for themselves & sort out problems as they came up, men who didnt need some spotty little university graduate sitting by his computer thinking he knows it all cos he has got a mouse & a floppy disc, but if you pulled a wagon outside his window & ask him which is the unit & which is the trailer he doesnt know without looking it up on the internet!
So keep them coming please, cos for blokes ■■■■ me who never went further than Greece they are a real treat!

Ian,great pics, more please ! that looked serious hard graft changing tyres in that heat !

Hows the book going ■■?