A few pegasos i pictured in spain the other month

think this one has definatly seen better days!! :open_mouth:

enjoy…

Nice Pics mate, now… wheres the black ones, and the groupies :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

If only they could talk…?

kindle530:
Nice Pics mate, now… wheres the black ones, and the groupies :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

will hAve a look chap!..

Very nice pictures. What truly crap motors they were - or are all except the first one.

David

David Miller :laughing: But what a lovely noise they made !

Didnt GBE Express have some Pegaso Troner’s, or was it just the one, the one they used in the Truck Magazine test years ago.

But what a lovely noise they made !

You’re right, H. I’d forgotten the cry of a badly overloaded 8 wheeler up over Puerto de Pajares on a damp evening! Music.

That second one down looks like an old DAF95 to me! :slight_smile:

They shared the same cab when ( correct me if I`m wrong ) they became part of the Paccar group…? Or something like that. Bit early.

David Miller They were all overloaded Dave. Thats why they came with massive Telmars as standard on their trailers…
The law in Europe at the time was if you fitted a Telmar then the law would give one ton tolerance over the top the weight limit.
PS & all that double de-clutching on the Parrello at midnight…?( Its one of those things where you had to be there ! ) :laughing: :laughing:

They shared the same cab when ( correct me if I`m wrong ) they became part of the Paccar group…? Or something like that. Bit early.

It was long before Paccar took them over. The original Daf 95 cab was what they called a Cabtec cab, and they sold the shell’s to Seddon Atkinson for the Strato’s and to Pegaso for the Troner’s. The DAF 95’s came out in the late 80’s didnt they, but Paccar didnt get involved til the 90’s i believe.

Its one of those things where you had to be there !

You’re right H; you just had to be there :slight_smile:

David Miller They double de`d up as well as down between traffic lights with straight thru exhausts…Lovely :laughing: