A few newbie questions.

Hello, looking for some advice and heads up if possible. I’m starting some C2 agency day work and I have a few questions so bare with me as some of them may seem daft or simple. -

First off, what exactly happens through out the day. Will I be given a list of places I’ve got to go to and collect and drop off or will it just be over the phone as the day goes along?

Are reflectives and boots provided or do I bring my own?

Are there any recommended tutorial videos on using the digi tacho and correctly securing curtain side buckles/locking the rear doors? My driving school were brilliant in every other aspect but in the time frame and during my CPC I wasn’t taught how to use the card and how to go through each mode - Wasn’t shown how to secure a curtain as there was no curtainsided truck.

I know some of these questions might come across as not very bright but I’d rather ask and learn and look abit daft than go in pretending to know what I’m doing and making a ■■■■ up. Any other advice appreciated. - Thank you.

Deano1995:
Hello, looking for some advice and heads up if possible. I’m starting some C2 agency day work and I have a few questions so bare with me as some of them may seem daft or simple. -

First off, what exactly happens through out the day. Will I be given a list of places I’ve got to go to and collect and drop off or will it just be over the phone as the day goes along?

It depends on the company. If it a big company like DHL for example, they will usually give you some kind of schedule, where to be at what time and addresses etc which might be modified as the day goes on.
If it is a general haulage company, I was just given a list of addresses and an order to make the deliveries/collections in.
Some places like you to call them after every drop to update them on progress etc…

Deano1995:
Are reflectives and boots provided or do I bring my own?

You provide our own boots usually. Technically the agency are supposed to provide boots but they are usually not the best quality. Agency usually gives you a high viz to, but it is usually the most basic and wont be anything waterproof for rain etc
You’ll generally provide your own gloves too. (I have a second pair of plastic lined front of gloves for refuelling so your hands don’t smell of diesel after

Deano1995:
Are there any recommended tutorial videos on using the digi tacho and correctly securing curtain side buckles/locking the rear doors? My driving school were brilliant in every other aspect but in the time frame and during my CPC I wasn’t taught how to use the card and how to go through each mode - Wasn’t shown how to secure a curtain as there was no curtainsided truck.

I know some of these questions might come across as not very bright but I’d rather ask and learn and look abit daft than go in pretending to know what I’m doing and making a ■■■■ up. Any other advice appreciated. - Thank you.

I think Rog has a set of links in his signature and one of them includes a Spanish site with a tachograph simulator in English.
Youtube is your friend for how curtains and tachographs work.

The questions are naural - No one was borrn a driver and everyone had to learn at some point- Good luck

Welcome aboard Trucknet , and no such thing as a daft question ,better to ask then make mistakes later on .
The possibility for a day run is one full load to one place then do collections on the way back or return to base empty .

Or multi drop is having a manifest of the load where you have to work out the delivery route yourself then find your cargo in the yard , ask the fork lift driver to load it in order .

Or the night staff have worked out the delivery route and maybe they loaded the truck overnight or early morning .Grab keys , vehicle checked , out the gate .
The addresses will be on your paperwork with telephone numbers of your deliveries called customers instructions such as how to find them and give them an ETA .

Multi drop collections once empty can be texted to you or the office dictates the addresses over the phone .
Before leaving the yard , take photos of damaged cargo and damaged pallets to save grief at the delivery.

Check out the link in my signature below
I know there is a long post with pics on curtain-siders in that thread