A few more random photos

hello ladys and gents… Since im a bit bored at home i just thought that i would add a few photos of things that i have managed to capture on my phone. Its of random lorrys and tour trucks seeing as i work for a touring company and many of you can guess which one… They also include photos of my trip to the scania vabis museum over the weekend. Did you know that scania made bikes before cars or lorrys… so all you scania drivers are just like people on push bikes :wink: :laughing: :laughing: hope you enjoy…

here is a few from the vabis museum…

they also made trains

and here it is… the first vabis every made… one of the above photos is the 1st car they ever made…

some more tour photos and randomers…

1970s denis fire engine

thats all hope you enjoy

Cheers for the pics, any of the touring stuff is always interesting. :wink:

As an observation, it looks like the DAFs seem to be the truck of choice for a lot of the touring companies. I know Redburns ran some Volvos as do FBN but even they have some smart looking 105s. Edwin Shirleys always seemed to run DAFs, Transam likewise. Think Stagetrux may run Volvos but overall it seems that DAF is the favourite. Coincidence?? :confused:

Maybe it is a weight thing or something along those lines? Maybe its because its the best size cab for double manning in??

They all look good though :wink:

More pics please! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Its cost and cab size bullit. Cant beat a SSC for 4-5-6months away! Joey, in the very first pic on your post, whos is the motor with the light bar in the grill, is it Martin’s?

carl that is antons new motor… 11plate… quite a few have the light bars now but they are all the ones on the bottom… dont think dave is letting anyone have them on the roof. so im told.

acceptme:
carl that is antons new motor… 11plate… quite a few have the light bars now but they are all the ones on the bottom… dont think dave is letting anyone have them on the roof. so im told.

bloody hell, Anton is still on the road? i had to chat dave up for a few weeks to get my light bar fitted. id never buy a bottom light bar, a mate of mine did once, woke up in the morning, all gone, around £500 inc lights. They cant get the buggers if theyre on the roof!
hope its all going well on there for ya buddy.

yepp hes gonna be the new lead driver soon… future of trans am is that boy… ye iv always wondered how easy it is to pop them off. think if i ever get a new lorry ill be gettin em on the roof… all is goin well ye mate out again on sunday… you lorry is now on status quo all the time…

acceptme:
yepp hes gonna be the new lead driver soon… future of trans am is that boy… ye iv always wondered how easy it is to pop them off. think if i ever get a new lorry ill be gettin em on the roof… all is goin well ye mate out again on sunday… you lorry is now on status quo all the time…

deffo go for the roof mate! My mum will be pleased to know i have a link (kind of!) with Status Quo! she loves 'em.

kindle530:
Its cost and cab size bullit. Cant beat a SSC for 4-5-6months away! Joey,…

Thought that maybe the reason. :wink:

acceptme:

half load harry!!

was floor loaded after that one boss… i tell you… that was a great load… then someone had the bright idea to put barricades on so id to stack a little more :frowning: