A few firsts...

Get a phone call a couple weeks ago,

“Would I like to attend the Motor Transport awards?”

Well you know me and a boozeup, :smiley:

So this Wednesday I am at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London in a very nice evening suit ( Thanks Moss Bros :wink: ) in the company of not only the Directors and CEO’s of most of the major transport companies, but also a surprising number of drivers being treated to a grand night out by their bosses.

The Evening was compered by Jack Dee with Vicki Butler-Henderson as support !! I have to say the whole evening was a great spotlight on the transport industry, as many there stated it is in effect our Oscar ceremony.

The TruckNet UK name and logo was prominent on the displays and lighting effects, and more importantly in the programme.

TruckNet UK sponsored one of the catagories - Best Livery-
Won by Pearsons- The art of moving,

The BIG One- the haulier of the year was won by Expect Distribution

The firsts?
Me in a evening suit and Dickie bow. :blush:

joining 450 other people in suits and dickie bows blocking the pavement in Park Lane for a Ciggy. :wink:

TruckNet UK not only attending the prestigious event but being a sponsor :laughing:

Me deciding not to buy a drink after hearing that a scotch and a G&T had stung a colleague for nearly £20 :open_mouth:

Congratulations to the winners . and well done to Motor Transport for hosting such a high profile event celebrating our industry.

for a list of all the winners go to
www.roadtransport.com
or
mtawards.co.uk

ps:
I managed to avoid getting photographed in the penguin suit, except for that dastardly editor of Truck & Driver Brian Weatherley who caught me in an unguarded moment before the event started having yet another ciggy outside on the pavement, urgent efforts arte being made to contact Brian and give him money to “lose” the picture :smiling_imp:

Too Late… :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Git…

:laughing: :smiling_imp:

CLICKY - Mwahahahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like you even bought some tailor made ■■■■ for the occasion :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Halifax based company,who,according to a mate of mine who left them after only 4 weeks,don’t know their arse from their elbow, (His words not mine.) but seem to have grown at an enormous rate.

Run a lot of Globbys and TGA’s,all fairly recent,and iirc,used to be called Pennine Parcels.

Ken.

Lucy:
CLICKY - Mwahahahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

That reminds me i must take “Happy Feet” back to Blockbusters today :laughing:

brit_mark:
Looks like you even bought some tailor made ■■■■ for the occasion :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RiKKi :open_mouth: Buy :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ■■■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve obviously never met him then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Quinny:

Halifax based company,who,according to a mate of mine who left them after only 4 weeks,don’t know their arse from their elbow, (His words not mine.) but seem to have grown at an enormous rate.

Run a lot of Globbys and TGA’s,all fairly recent,and iirc,used to be called Pennine Parcels.

Ken.

Big player with Palletline - I load next to them most nights. Driver seems happy enough.